• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

N17 super salon. Pickup not enough for mountain terrain

Visual Breez

Question

7 answers to this question

@iRage Does this have a CVT gearbox? CVT does work itself very hard on inclines and you feel that it doesnt move, I know because I had a Fit GP1. 

Have you had the car for a long time?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Does this have a CVT gearbox? 

Depends on the model. The entire range came with either a 4AT or 5MT. I am not sure if the later versions got the CVT or not (the later 2011 onwards smaller N17 Latio/Sunny, etc..got 4AT, 5MT, and Xtronic CVT for developed markets). Again, I am assuming what he means by N17 2003 is the N16 based sunny. 

So if it does have have a 4AT then there could be something wrong with the transmission. On the off chance that it IS a manual..then who knows..maybe the clutch is slipping. 

Edited by iRage

Can the OP clarify if its a manual box or an auto? ,if its the former could be a slipping clutch

Also in Lankan terms the facelift version of the N16 is being misleadingly sold as an N17 so car imported brand new in 2003 -2005 are actually N16 facelift models!, I have have the same car (1.6 ) and a manual box, in mine when bought the clutch was slightly high and got it adjusted but somewhere in the future it would need a replacement

On 5/28/2024 at 1:19 PM, iRage said:

Depends on the model. The entire range came with either a 4AT or 5MT. I am not sure if the later versions got the CVT or not

I was never aware of a CVT variant for the Sunny N16  nor the JDM Bluebird Sylphy of this vintage. Out of curiosity did a bit of digging and could not find out any CVT variants.

Of course I'm sure OP is on about the facelifted Sunny N16 which people call N17 locally.   

9 hours ago, matroska said:

was never aware of a CVT variant for the Sunny N16  nor the JDM Bluebird Sylphy of this vintage. Out of curiosity did a bit of digging and could not find out any CVT variants

Yeah. Like I said..I wasn't sure if a later model could have had one or not.  It probably didn't as the vehicle was mostly for developing markets.