• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Gajaba Supercross 2007

Grand Civic

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

more war means only more money to arm dealers

lanka goverment need to give north east to ltte and let them manage it

wat the hell is wrong with u man..are u stupid or wat.. :violent-smiley-030:

wat the hell is wrong with u man..are u stupid or wat.. :violent-smiley-030:

As much as I respect freedom of speech and expression, I think we should all let weed be,

There is obviously no basis for a debate or argument as there seems to be little substance on his contradictory statements, and at the same time he sounds like somebody who gets a kick out of stirring things up.

So we shall respect weeds right to make his own views known, but lets not get too offended by them or get dragged in to pointless arguments with them, though I must say I have the irresistible urge to know who he is in real life :)

But seriously.. I'm not sure about having races inside an active military compound....with the country at war. unwarranted risk. There are better ways to raise money for worthy causes. Still enjoyed watching the bits of the races they showed on TV though.

Dude, we do that, the only track races that will be run will be at Tissa! Even Katu is an Airbase! And since Pannala is non-functional ... Foxhill is an Army base, Gunners, Gajaba ... What will be left?

So we shall respect weeds right to make his own views known, but lets not get too offended by them or get dragged in to pointless arguments with them, though I must say I have the irresistible urge to know who he is in real life :)

I agree. And I would like to know too :D

Edited by Pericles

Dude, we do that, the only track races that will be run will be at Tissa! Even Katu is an Airbase! And since Pannala is non-functional ... Foxhill is an Army base, Gunners, Gajaba ... What will be left?

from what i heard they had come through the fence. aparently they'd even cleared the mines between and inner and out fences. So i dont think we can blame the Races for this.

I agree. And I would like to know too :D

Exactly my point.. the country's racing should really stop revolving around places related to Forces and switch to purpose built race tracks. I mean all the racing locations you noted are just ad hock venues that are hardly up to proper standards. (Even though the racing is entertaining) And are converted to ‘race venues’ just for the weekend. I mean just look at the state of the Katu tarmac- the hanger straight is more bumpy than some Petta by-road. And as KLM said before, Gajaba was a mud bath which caused damage to expensive machinery.

There are Racers prepared to spend millions on good vehicles- some one needs to come up with a decent race track for them. Look at India- (even though I hate to say it) they got crapy Maruti powered formula cars running on lovely circuits!

Yes yes I agree with you! We need to appoint Petter Solberg as cheif Negotiator

Ah, a devious plan to bring the SWRT over here. And the WRC.

After all, whats a few dogs and cows to the man who had to retire after hitting a Kangaroo! ;)

You can learn all sortsa fascinating stuff on the Wiki :D

Edited by Pericles

major war in north would teach all a lesson but will lose lifes of all involved.wish norway comes in again

Weed did you recenlty cross over from the Government to the Opposition. Or did you smoke the other end of the pipe?

Did anyone of you notice he was ass-kissing the ruling party some time back and know his opinions seems to be exactly that the opposition carries these days!

:violent-smiley-030:

Did you guys read todays Newspapers,

It seems all the Races Held on or near bases will be not permitted in the future,

So sad. this means not KATU as well right ?

Hope they get Pannala Soughted Out.

Yes Dims You are right..

The SLMCC ( Sri Lanka Motor Cycle Club ) Katu race scheduled to be held on 04th November is cancelled due to AF denied permission to held the event.

sad situation... :angry:

Yes Dims You are right..

The SLMCC ( Sri Lanka Motor Cycle Club ) Katu race scheduled to be held on 04th November is cancelled due to AF denied permission to held the event.

sad situation... :angry:

OMG!!! really hope this isn't the begining of the end for sri lankan racing... :(

Pericles, why exacty is pannala non functional?

typical Sri Lankan response,

1. Play the blame game, distract away from the real causes of the problem and blame something close by.

2. Treat the symptoms, not the disease

Let me put it to you this way, many moons back around 1999/2000 I went to pick up my sister from a certain school within a high security zone. I dutifully parked the car outside the zone and walked through the security to the school only to find out there are a few bods parked inside the school, i got curious and asked how did they managed to get in (since I had to walk) and if they had a permit. This was also because a month or so before I had come to the same high security zone with a friend in a vehicle belonging to the Sri Lankan army (clearly badged and carrying YUHA plates, his father was also a major general in the army at the time), and the check point guys gave us a lot of grief before letting us in, and quite rightfully so. I was horrified to find that these bods did not have a permit to enter the zone with a car, and had gotten in on the basis he was friendly with the guards !!!. I was quite horrified to learn this, and on the way out confronted the guards and asked them why they are letting unauthorised personel in to a high security zone, the air force guys who were managing the post got pissed off with me, and told me its up to them to decide who goes in and who doesn't and he knows these dudes, and thus he had let them in, and I had no right to question his decision etc etc. I must point out though this person was not an officier of any sort. I just backed down as I did not want any trouble, told them i was just pointing something out, on the way informed the police check point (the second line of defence if that was the case) that there was an issue like that, and what does the policemen tell me, complain to his superior at the police station if I had a problem with it.

I was still in school then, I had enough of this by that time, so I took my sister and went home.

A few years later within the same high security zone, Lakshman Kadiragamar was killed (I believe his compound was within this zone as well), I am not sure if the restrictions were relaxed at that time.

Point I am making is there are gaping security holes which are being exploited by the LTTE to cause damage to our infrastructure and personel. Rather than trying to place blame on other things, its these holes which need to be tackled to deter such attacks. It is sad that some in the military top brass and parliment does not have the common sense of a 18 year old school boy.

I mean the LTTE is mixed in with the population, and thus there is no point coming up with new measures when existing measures are not enforced properly.

Anybody who thinks there is a fast and easy solution to this problem is sadly mistaken,

also are people who believe there is a military solution to this problem, even if we manage to inflict heavy defeats on them using conventional warfare they will simple disappear and mix in to the population and then range the kind of campaign Al Quaida is raging in Iraq, hit and run,

The only model which has been somewhat successful is the Northern Ireland model, and that country has a far mature democracy than we do, but there are significant problem yet to be resolved and there are deep levels of mistrust amongst former enemies, and there are always splinter groups who refuse to fall in line

In the end its the willingness of all people for safety security and their opposition to violence that brought them together

In the end its people wanting normalcy that compelled the mainstream groups to renounce violence and come to a power sharing agreement

I see the suspension of anything as taking us further away from a solution than towards it. I mean what do you think is the most compelling reason for people in LTTE controlled areas to renounce the LTTE ? our way of life, the freedom we enjoy (though limited) democracy

anyways we are moving away from the topic as well as the forum objectives, I shall keep the rest of my thoughts on this matter to myself,

I personally am very sad that we seem to be losing rather than gaining in the way the conflict is managed by our own authorities