• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Auto Guru's Help Me, Going To Purchase In This Week

Rajeev_j

Hi

friends

I'm going to purchase a car this week.

I have found two cars as follows

1) Toyota AE 110, 1998 Resisted in 2004/jun, first owner, auto, F/O, meter says 64K, this car looks in good condition.

owner demand me 16.85/=

I feel this price is too high for a 9 years old car.

2) Suzuki Swift 2004, Japan/O, meter says 34k, first owner, KB - XXXX, looks in good condition.

owner demand me 16.40/=

My only concern is quick resell with minimum loss after two years.

(by the time AE110 is 11 years old car and Swift is 5 years old car)

please help me on this.

Thank You.

I recommend AE110. Because,

1. You will get good second hand value (when fuel price increased this car market also increase.)

2. Good in fuel than swift.

3. Enough spare parts available (body and other parts available enough) also cheap.

4. Less maintains cost.

5. Comfortable.

This price (1.68) is ok if you found the AE110 model called Revera. There are somany models price depend on the models,

DX, LX, XE Saloon, XE Saloon Limited, SE Saloon, SE Saloon L, SE Saloon G, Revera

try to find SE Saloon, SE Saloon L, SE Saloon G, Revera

:rolleyes:

Edited by Nilantha

With all due respect for Toyota's go for the swift. Depends on your requirements....do you want a 9 year old car, which you'll have to do some major repairs on, spend a lot of days at the garage etc, and not use for most part of the two years, which you can probably sell for about the same price in two years (but you need to keep in mind the garage cost)

Or do you want a car that you can actually ride for 2 years and then sell at slightly a bit less.

There is not much of a difference in the fuel consumption. dont go for the outside look. The point is how would you verify that the car was used well during the last 9 years??

With all due respect for Toyota's go for the swift. Depends on your requirements....do you want a 9 year old car, which you'll have to do some major repairs on, spend a lot of days at the garage etc, and not use for most part of the two years, which you can probably sell for about the same price in two years (but you need to keep in mind the garage cost)

Or do you want a car that you can actually ride for 2 years and then sell at slightly a bit less.

There is not much of a difference in the fuel consumption. dont go for the outside look. The point is how would you verify that the car was used well during the last 9 years??

wot an advise! :violent-smiley-099:

i really dont think so, before buying a vehicle no matter its 1 month old or 10 years old you better get everything checked by a known person, and i see the new, so latest called swifts ending up with serious problems while a 12 year Toyota car (of course! something which has been maintained properly) runs with no shit..

can you come up with the reason why your new swift cannot give a better fuel economy than a old Toyota?

why a 12 year old car is STILL expensive than the so latest swift?

etc. but i dont think u can answer!

mind you own business and shut up still it will be better...

- well. there are many ways to verify how something has been used in the past 9 years! but not everybody can do that! :angry-smiley-048:

Edited by Kim

Pissa, if we are to believe the odometers of those two cars, then there isn't anything between then as far as running costs are concerned, most jap cars can take about 200K ++ before we can take anything other than standard running maintenance in to consideration,

The thing going for the Swift is that its a newer car, but its smaller has less boot space so a direct comparison with the Corolla is not possible, The newer swift much nicer than the old one though, but might be outside your budget.

The other thing to point out is the car market is rather over inflated, so though the trend has been for used car values to increase over the last couple of years, there is no guarantees that trend will continue.

take the toyota to the agents, and ask them to give you a full diagnosis of everything that needs replacing. then you can negotiate with the owner a bit more.

sure the swift is a newer car, but if resell value is your biggest priority then you can't go wrong with the toyota.

don't be in a hurry though. there are lots of toyota's going around. take your time and choose carefully.

I recommend AE110. Because,

1. You will get good second hand value (when fuel price increased this car market also increase.)

2. Good in fuel than swift.

3. Enough spare parts available (body and other parts available enough) also cheap.

4. Less maintains cost.

5. Comfortable.

This price (1.68) is ok if you found the AE110 model called Revera. There are somany models price depend on the models,

DX, LX, XE Saloon, XE Saloon Limited, SE Saloon, SE Saloon L, SE Saloon G, Revera

try to find SE Saloon, SE Saloon L, SE Saloon G, Revera

:rolleyes:

agreed 1,3,5

Can not agree with 2. option. Doy u have experineced 110 is good in fuel than Swift.???? In my experience Swift is good fuel than 110

agreed 1,3,5

Can not agree with 2. option. Doy u have experineced 110 is good in fuel than Swift.???? In my experience Swift is good fuel than 110

How much does a swift do both in city traffic and in open roads in your opinion???

just out of curiosity :)

AE 110 Corolla 1999 full option auto with HD-xxxx was sold for 1.714 mil by T*y*ta L@nka (Company used) with around 90k on the clock last month while a Sprinter 1300cc manual GL Regds with 120k done went for 1.345 mil.

With the market situation, there would be good 110 specimens going for 1.5 ish range. A Sprinter might also make a good value for money buy within that price range.

Since the Swift (smaller car/hatch) is in contention, I feel a nearly new Vitz is probably the better buy considering a budget of around 16.50. Look for a 1.3 litre version.

City 12-13 Km long distance 15 Km :jumping-smiley-013:

I've got a Sprinter and that does about 10-12 in Colombo with AC and 15+ on open roads...

once i've got an insane 17 on a return trip to Habarana :angry-smiley-048:

Considering the sprinter is a bigger car as opposed to a Swift... my money is still on the Toyota when it comes to fuel consumption :)

Pissa, if we are to believe the odometers of those two cars, then there isn't anything between then as far as running costs are concerned, most jap cars can take about 200K ++ before we can take anything other than standard running maintenance in to consideration,

The thing going for the Swift is that its a newer car, but its smaller has less boot space so a direct comparison with the Corolla is not possible, The newer swift much nicer than the old one though, but might be outside your budget.

The other thing to point out is the car market is rather over inflated, so though the trend has been for used car values to increase over the last couple of years, there is no guarantees that trend will continue.

agreed. as in since the diff between the two ODM is not much the toyota should make a better deal. Just trying to stress that even the best made vehicles are still subjected to wear and tear and well as corrosion. Especially since the vehicle in question has been used just 64k in 10 years!!!....so either the user did not use the car much, (which is also not a very good thing to do), or else he spent most of its time in some garage

You related to Mervyn Silva? the sort of people who cannot take an counter argument and expects everyone to bow down to their point of view? What a jerk....

well talk what you know! Dont just come to a public forum and talk shit! many ppl those who are not aware of things mite just believe what an idiot had to say and mess things up.. thats why! simply others do not have to take it all, and to suffer or regret later!! SO PLS!!

you better not just come from no where and start talking shit! and mess things here!

jerks are NOT the ones those who stand against the truth! but the ones those who talks the shit! and all the ones who sit back and do nothing about it! get it?? :angry-smiley-048:

Especially since the vehicle in question has been used just 64k in 10 years!!!....so either the user did not use the car much, (which is also not a very good thing to do), or else he spent most of its time in some garage

OMG! do you own a garage??? or do you have histories of all the vehicles in sri lanka! :blink:

agreed. as in since the diff between the two ODM is not much the toyota should make a better deal. Just trying to stress that even the best made vehicles are still subjected to wear and tear and well as corrosion. Especially since the vehicle in question has been used just 64k in 10 years!!!....so either the user did not use the car much, (which is also not a very good thing to do), or else he spent most of its time in some garage

kim, let it go bro.

lets just make sure our topic starter gets the info he needs...

and pissa, please mate, don't make vauge comments like the ones you have above. just cos a car has low milage, doesn't mean it's been junked... you can look at it that way, OR, you can assume the car was sparringly used.

and aren't you contadicting your first post when you say that the toyota should make a better deal?

Edited by Arc Angel

OMG! do you own a garage??? or do you have histories of all the vehicles in sri lanka! :blink:

Kim with all due respect if a car has only run 64K KM in 10 years, it's not been out an about much, I do not think there is any point arguing about that. So pissa has a valid point.

As a old timer at auto lanka, I am speaking to you with respect, a lot of opinions expressed in this forum are very subjective, whether a person prefers a Corolla over a Swift is one of them. thus I feel everybody should be allowed to express their opinion freely as long as its done with courtesy and in good faith and the person asking the question left to make up his or her own mind.

You have an opinion so does pissa, so why do you two need to have a go at each other for that. ? I mean calm down bro, there is no reason to get offended.

well talk what you know! Dont just come to a public forum and talk shit! many ppl those who are not aware of things mite just believe what an idiot had to say and mess things up.. thats why! simply others do not have to take it all, and to suffer or regret later!! SO PLS!!

you better not just come from no where and start talking shit! and mess things here!

jerks are NOT the ones those who stand against the truth! but the ones those who talks the shit! and all the ones who sit back and do nothing about it! get it?? :angry-smiley-048:

everyone has a right to express their own views and you should able to respect that ...let the ppl in the forum decide what's good and what's not...

kim, let it go bro.

lets just make sure our topic starter gets the info he needs...

and pissa, please, don't make vauge comments like the ones you have above. just cos a car has low milage, doesn't mean it's been junked... you can look at it that way, OR, you can assume the car was sparringly used.

and aren't you contadicting your first post when you say that the toyota should make a better deal?

Arc angel, pissa was just pointing out a well known fact, that cars which are very lightly used have their own set of problems, for example the engines would rarely get to their full operating temperatures etc. I think this little thing has been blown out of all proportion, because in my humble opinion this is just a case of one person expressing his or her opinion. there is no need for us to put him down because of it, there are few black and white situations in the world so perspective is always welcome. I am sure the original poster has enough intelligence to use the comments made in a useful way.

In fact from personal experience, I can say cars which are run daily give less problem than cars which are run rarely. Own personal experience and confirmed by the local Ford dealership and a few others.

also it might also be an indicator that the odometer is wrong or have been messed around with, I am reliably told that a lot of vehicles coming from Japan are clocked before leaving (especially ones coming out of fleets) and a lot of them would have run 100K before being auctioned off. Other low mileage examples have met with accidents, this isn't really a big issue as most of these accidents are very light but some of them are fairly serious and its best to base your opinion on the mileage of the car on condition rather than what the odometer says. Also its best to inspect the under carriage carefully as usually there are dead give aways as to whether the car has met with a serious accident in the past.

This is not to criticize or put down any vehicle, and not cast doubt upon the honestly of car dealers, or the value of low mileage cars. But knowing a few people who operate in the industry I know all that glitters is not gold if you see what I mean.

Kim with all due respect if a car has only run 64K KM in 10 years, it's not been out an about much, I do not think there is any point arguing about that. So pissa has a valid point.

As a old timer at auto lanka, I am speaking to you with respect, a lot of opinions expressed in this forum are very subjective, whether a person prefers a Corolla over a Swift is one of them. thus I feel everybody should be allowed to express their opinion freely as long as its done with courtesy and in good faith and the person asking the question left to make up his or her own mind.

You have an opinion so does pissa, so why do you two need to have a go at each other for that. ? I mean calm down bro, there is no reason to get offended.

Hey Don,

its just that, in a previous post pissa have told, that Toyota vehicle which is almost 10 years old will have to spend most of its time in a garage! but is it so? i mean, having being a owner of a 97 YOM vehicle, when i know its not! what do you expect me to do? i know, it all depends on your knowledge when purchasing a vehicle in the first :rolleyes: but still come on, its very reasonable 2 say that still there are vehicles available which are 10 years or more old with very good mechanical/body condition? is it? or isnt it?

and pissa further states that. a newer swift of 2004 YOM will be more reliable and be a better option, well i have enough experience with the issues that these swifts come with, and after all, do they have a better market than a Toyota? nah..i dont think so.. do they have a better fuel figure? nah!

the guy, who wanted to purchase a vehicle insisted that he wanted to buy a vehicle with some conditions and...with the points given and explained also known, do you think a swift would be an better idea than a used toyota car? or a nissan car?

dont forget that its not for us, and its for a newer user, he mite have very less idea about vehicles! so we must make sure that he does not read pissa's post and change his mind and be a owner of a swift and afterwards when he realizes things, he doesnt come bac here and point @ all of us!! isnt it? (likly)

also - YOM 97 means/ its 10 years old, as next year it will be 11 years old, AND just think of it.. that mite be the best which most around can afford! not every one can buy all these newer vehicles! and,

how fair is that, to make a reader of this posts feel bad....about what they mite be planning to buy, what they have planned to buy after years of savings?? ha?? :unsure:

its impossible for a car to have 64K KM in 10 years!! anyways! we all know that its not acceptable! :angry-smiley-048:

Edited by Kim

Arc angel, pissa was just pointing out a well known fact, that cars which are very lightly used have their own set of problems, for example the engines would rarely get to their full operating temperatures etc.

Don, don't misunderstand me, mate. i wasn't taking a stab at pissa. was just saying that it could be a good thing or a bad thing.

pissa, i've got no gripe with you mate, nor with your opinon. I just don't agree with the fact that a car with low mileage HAS to be faulty.

com on guys, we are a very small community in here. I'm all for getting along :D