• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Option Is Toyota Ae 110 (1999 Model) Or Suzuki Swift 2004?

shanakaj

I am hoping to buy my first car. I don't have much idea about cars thats why I decide to put this in this.

I want to know whether best option is Toyota AE 110 (1999 model) or Suzuki swift 2004.

This is the detail of Toyota Corola (AE 110)

Price Rs 15 75 000 (1.575M)

Usage 1 14 000 KM

Thanks,

Shanaka

Hi, there is similar tread under the name of 'Auto Guru's Help Me, Going To Purcha...' please reffer to that. it will answer most of your questions, and then come and pop any other questions you mite have?

Thanks friend. yes I saw it, really interesting discussion isn't it?

In this AE 110 used for 114K KM. is this ok?

Thanks

As far as i know..a petrol engine can be used almost about 400,000 KM if maintained with care, and still more if it has been treated well and maintained carefully! loook at all the old 11 Sri, etc vehicles.. most run with the same old engine rite?

soo..for the numbers what you can do is, check if the proper care has been given, check the overall vehicle in the current condition and to be decided only! it should be a all round check and not only a engine check :rolleyes:

Edited by Kim

This must be the third time at least this argument has come up, and its becoming a bit boring,

Could I please recommend

1. That people at least try to use the search function before posting something straight away

2. And for heavens sake why go on and on on a Suzuki Swift vs AE110 debate ? those two car's are not even in the same class, I am very surprised a lot of people seem to have to choose between the two, and I wonder for that budget if there aren't any other viable options available at all ?

The Don

As far as i know..a petrol engine can be used almost about 400,000 KM if maintained with care, and still more if it has been treated well and maintained carefully! loook at all the old 11 Sri, etc vehicles.. most run with the same old engine rite?

soo..for the numbers what you can do is, check if the proper care has been given, check the overall vehicle in the current condition and to be decided only! it should be a all round check and not only a engine check :rolleyes:

Kim the engine can go on for a long time, but you would probably need to at least do a partial rebuild, like replace the piston rings, oil seals maybe some of the bearings around the 250K-300K mark on a petrol engine, depending on use of course,

lower engine revs mean diesels can actually go on for a bit longer before needing a re build

Kim the engine can go on for a long time, but you would probably need to at least do a partial rebuild, like replace the piston rings, oil seals maybe some of the bearings around the 250K-300K mark on a petrol engine, depending on use of course,

lower engine revs mean diesels can actually go on for a bit longer before needing a re build

yeh yeh.. i have never used a car having such numbers on the meter :rolleyes:, you are correct! it must be the case!

i remember my GT friend doing a engine rebuild (to make sure its performace stays the same) :P i think.. few months back..

i will be including that part next time if i am ever going to make a related comment. thanks bro for reminding.

i never knew that! thought in diesels you have to do it more frequently :rolleyes:

ha ha even I thought so too,

but they operate at lower revs and deliver maximum power at lower revs too, thus they wear down slower, so you can get more miles out of a diesel engine

to put this in perspective there are vehicles over here which have done in excess of 200 000 miles without needing a rebuild

my offices van has put 140 000 miles since 2003 but drives like new, never missed a beat and only ever needed a new starter motor apart from regular service.

Also I think how long an engine lasts is directly related to how you drive and maintain the car,

if you hit high revs regularly, that puts the engine under a lot of stress and work harder and thus it would wear down faster

if you do not maintain it properly, as in run with old oil etc, the same will result, speaking from practical experience my own car had only run 185K when I got it but it was abused quite a lot thus I had to spend a lot of money to bring it back to its former glory.

Edited by The Don