• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Prices After The Budget..?

DarkangeL

Incidentally there is one edition of top gear where they tested too "poo power" cars against a petrol car

the petrol car won by a margin but the car powered by gas from human excrement was faster than the one powered by cow excrement !

he he... that's good info bro :)

struggling to figure out why though?????? :blink:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you're saying the present man and his company is doing any better????

COL wasn't this high back then mate... i aint no RW supporter...he's just a wuss...

but the present man is just selling the concept of patriotism to his own benefit :) compare a few pictures of him pre-prz and post-prez...

that alone will give a good clue to the good time he's having over the agony of the common man...

i support sri lankans and no political party... so you can get started on whatever you want to get started on :)

Come on,where do I praise the present government?

COL was lowest in 1948,and it is called inflation.

If you want to praise your RW say that inflation rate was lower in RW's time than under this regime.People in this forum are more educated and they understand the difference between inflation rate and the COL.

Sorry.I have no supernormal power to say whether people are having a good or bad times by having a look at their photographs.

Anyway I agree that you must be someone special to have such powers.

Can you use the same technique and kindly tell me whether Prabhakaran is having a better or worse time than what he did in the RW era.

If you want to praise your RW say that inflation rate was lower in RW's time than under this regime.People in this forum are more educated and they understand the difference between inflation rate and the COL.

Sorry.I have no supernormal power to say whether people are having a good or bad times by having a look at their photographs.

Can you use the same technique and kindly tell me whether Prabhakaran is having a better or worse time than what he did in the RW era.

guys.. take it easy...

OK, true the cost of living goes up with time... but what Ripper is saying is that RW was able to control the increase with his economic management, whereas MR isnt looking into the economic aspect of the country as much as he is looking into Public relations. And he does this a LOT by pulling on the people's 'patriotic' bone... So people's attention is being distracted from one problem to another. the latter being the one MR shows that he's doing nothing but good.

So in a way these 2 leaders are the two extremes of 2 different scales. Axela is focussing on one and Ripper on the other. This issue wont reach a conclusion untill both leaders are judged on the same criteria.

So........................ now what was the topic again.. ohh yeah, the CAR PRICES... :)

I dont think you need supernormal (?) powers to be able to look at a pair of photographs and realise that our beloved prez is looking WAY more err.... "prosperous" now than he ever did back then....... People in this forum are more educated and they understand the difference between inflation rate and the COL.

yup, they understand all right....

its thanks to views like this that MR and his collection of jokers can merrily continue to screw daylights out of the country in general, while enjoying the Ritz Carlton and other such luxuries, after all, if the people dont think there is anything wrong, everything must be peachy right??

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE MATE! (black coffee of course, since we cant afford milk anymore)

I dont think you need supernormal (?) powers to be able to look at a pair of photographs and realise that our beloved prez is looking WAY more err.... "prosperous" now than he ever did back then....... People in this forum are more educated and they understand the difference between inflation rate and the COL.

yup, they understand all right....

its thanks to views like this that MR and his collection of jokers can merrily continue to screw daylights out of the country in general, while enjoying the Ritz Carlton and other such luxuries, after all, if the people dont think there is anything wrong, everything must be peachy right??

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE MATE! (black coffee of course, since we cant afford milk anymore)

Come on,READ my comments carefully.Have I ever endorsed MR anywhere????

Don't Assume

I have expressed my opinion about RW.Not about MR.

Come on,READ my comments carefully.Have I ever endorsed MR anywhere????

Don't Assume

I have expressed my opinion about RW.Not about MR.

bro, when you quote a post which states RW was compratively better and give evidence to the contrary, it's almost the same as supporting MR...

I, like most here, have given up on politicos, as all of them a a##holes. but I agreewith ripper, RW DID do some thing to the economy, not just the gallery...

anyway guys, clam down, this is like the third fight we're having on AL due to politics... Ripper/Supra, let it go boys.

But hey, Alexa, Our "great" leader IS looking a little pudgy now, don't you think? too much steak and potatoes :)

oh, and Supra, I know what you mean bro, the petti kade outside my office is selling a cup of tea at 30 bucks now :(

Edited by Arc Angel

Yep...unlike a few of the AL members...the majority seems to see things as they stand :)

Enjoy the PR ride brother :) Many people depend on all those ATL and BTL advertising/propaganda revenue :)

Arc_Angel...

you're right bro... i shall let this one go :)

I, like most here, have given up on politicos, as all of them a a##holes. but I agreewith ripper, RW DID do some thing to the economy, not just the gallery...

SOMETHING,which even he doesn't now what is

anyway guys, clam down, this is like the third fight we're having on AL due to politics... Ripper/Supra, let it go boys.

But hey, Alexa, Our "great" leader IS looking a little pudgy now, don't you think? too much steak and potatoes :)

I dont care a damn S^%$ how he looks(I am not interseted in male bodies as some of our past leaders do)

oh, and Supra, I know what you mean bro, the petti kade outside my office is selling a cup of tea at 30 bucks now :(

All you guys are preoccupied with your UNP party line.

If there has been a leader in this country who has done anything for the economy it is J.R.Jayawardena.If you have quoted JR (Or even Premadsa for that matter) and praised him then it would have made a whole lot of sence.

Anyway I am not "WEED"

I tried to make my point and if you don't buy it,I am cool with that.

I'm sure the unemployment rate surely goes down when every member of a household is forced to do whatever work they can find in order to afford the cost of living...unemployment rate going down is foolish talk by the foolish people 'in charge' of the economy to pull wool over the eyes of anyone who can't think for themselves. But anyway, where's the proof? I mean living proof?

The great (or not so great) thing about statistics is that with the right wording the government can put their own spin on things to serve their personal interests and agenda. That's why smart people dont give a damn about statistics and do what must be done according to principles instead of the government's numbers.

All these 'numbers' show us is that there's a big disconnect between the government and social reality, like the bulletproof car between the people and the 'people's servants'. i'm not even sure of the relevance of that last image to the rest of it- it's not the ministers or their son's who are planning strategy or out there fighting.

Edited by SeanD

Let the numbers talk......

gdp1hf4.jpg

GDP growth rate 7.4%. Highest in 28 years

fiip8.jpg

foreign investments are highest since 1997.

unempff4.jpg

unemployment rate has been reduced

And most of all.....

balej1.jpg

Hi friends

everybody speeks Politics....... :action-smiley-060: No body says what will happen to the car market. Is this a political forum or automobile forum :violent-smiley-099:

Hi All,

Apart from politics does any one know the Net Impact on Car Prices. Some says for a 1 Mil Car it's Rs. 10,000.00 (1Mil *1%)

and some say's since it is a .5% increase in existing tax it's only Rs. 5,000.00 (1 Mil * (1%-.5%)).

Can any one tell me the the net impact.

And when talking about who is best (MR or RW) my opinion is "yes MR is not the best". But Guys look the things that RW is doing to get in to power. All the stupid and idiotic speeches he made . :blink: consider all the attempts and things he is doing. Even he is united with LTTL members in the parliament (TULF Guys). Do you guy's think that he is doing those things for the shake of the country or it's people. Well I don't think so.

So my opinion is if RW came to power it will be worst. May be he'll boost the economy but what about the country. Can anyone guarantee that UNP guys are not corrupted. So I think it is better to live with the bad guy rather than inviting to the worst. :ninja:

And Guy's can any one give me an answer for the 1st question about Net impact. Forget about politics.

And I'm not a MR supporter. For me they all are the same. A bunch if thieves.

Edited by Thanushka

Hi All,

Apart from politics does any one know the Net Impact on Car Prices. Some says for a 1 Mil Car it's Rs. 10,000.00 (1Mil *1%)

and some say's since it is a .5% increase in existing tax it's only Rs. 5,000.00 (1 Mil * (1%-.5%)).

And when talking about who is best (MR or RW) my opinion is "yes MR is not the best". But Guys look the things that RW is doing to get in to power. All the stupid and idiotic speeches he made . :blink: consider all the attempts and things he is doing. Even he is united with LTTL members in the parliament (TULF Guys). Do you guy's think that he is doing those things for the shake of the country or it's people. Well I don't think so.

So my opinion is if RW came to power it will be worst. May be he'll boost the economy but what about the country. Can anyone guarantee that UNP guys are not corrupted. So I think it is better to live with the bad guy rather than inviting to the worst. :ninja:

And Guy's can any one give me an answer for the 1st question about Net impact. Forget about politics.

100% agreed with Thanushka and pls we don't need to make political in this automobile forum. anybody correctly knows the net impact for car price

Hi All,

exactly the option is lesser than the two evils??

MR f**king the LTTE and prabhakaran up while f**king the economy as well?? or

RW sucking the LTTE and praba and maybe letting us have a few luxuries in life??

i dont have any political comments on anything mates but dont u think the rthing this people doing is wrong..keeping this car prices so high.. a 19 car worth abt 6 lks 3 yrs back is now over 1mn.. i think we are going back to the days in history where only the cheef or rthe rate mahattaya of the village can only afford a car..ha ha long live the rulers

Edited by RACERSEDGE

cars are least priorty there are people sufering from food

ah so NOW you admit that there are people suffering do you?? But according to all you've said earlier Sri Lanka was the best place on earth and NOBODY had any hardships thanks to the great MR!!

and guys, agree 100% about everything else said here, apologies for raking it up, but some people are just so gullible its shocking....

Thought to drop my 2 cents since someone talked abt numbers here, and of course as colombo said these are fictitious figures and does anybody knows the fact they count housewives as employed ppl in Sri Lanka? the more housewives means more employment which is utter bullshit under any economic theory.

Also when there's a war situation there's a tend to GDP grow higher coz all the spendings on war also counted as government expenditure and results in puffy GDP figure but the truth is there's nothing productive towards countries economic development.

Also they count government expenditure for restoring damaged infrastructure (due to war/tsunami) into GDP calculations. All these equally contributed to have a higher GDP but that's not real GDP. Also note that the private sector alone in this country maintains a 7+ GDP which means literally there's no need to have govt for maintain 7+ GDP in this country. :rolleyes:

mind you guys don't take a run based on these numbers, talk to ppl and talk to yourself and ask from yourself do you feel like ppl having money or they just roll out on credit cards, loans and ODs.

and talking about the car prices which is the main topic of this thread, it was set a bit lower before the budget due to duty free permits issued. Heard from very trustworthy sources that the number they issued this time cause problems in Japanese assembly lines even. Some manufacturers are unable to cater this sudden huge demand and will take abt a year to make the delivery. Was it 20,000 ? however not all of them applied and obtained the permit. What a smart decision for a country with this economic level, and relying on foreign funds to import 20,000 brand new vehicles at one go duh :blink:

and since ppl were hurriedly opening LCs the prices went down, the market got a bit fluctuated, but with the budget as I foreseen things will be back to the previous equilibrium where there will be no major price hike but that is subjected to how vehicle importers and dealers interpret, and customers perceive coz there are no maximum prices defined nor rules. :angry-smiley-048:

Thought to drop my 2 cents since someone talked abt numbers here, and of course as colombo said these are fictitious figures and does anybody knows the fact they count housewives as employed ppl in Sri Lanka? the more housewives means more employment which is utter bullshit under any economic theory.

Also when there's a war situation there's a tend to GDP grow higher coz all the spendings on war also counted as government expenditure and results in puffy GDP figure but the truth is there's nothing productive towards countries economic development.

Also they count government expenditure for restoring damaged infrastructure (due to war/tsunami) into GDP calculations. All these equally contributed to have a higher GDP but that's not real GDP. Also note that the private sector alone in this country maintains a 7+ GDP which means literally there's no need to have govt for maintain 7+ GDP in this country. :rolleyes:

mind you guys don't take a run based on these numbers, talk to ppl and talk to yourself and ask from yourself do you feel like ppl having money or they just roll out on credit cards, loans and ODs.

What you says makes a lot of sense Harshana, Now I know successive governments in our country has wanted to paint the world bank and the IMF as villains, but in stark contradiction we keep borrowing from them to keep the economy going. And if one reads their reports and their figures, then one comes to the same conclusions as you have done.

20 000 permits !!!! thats a serious amount of foreign exchange going abroad, and at least at the short term that might affect the rupee and cause car prices to go up because of the rupee devaluation against the YEN. And I wonder since none of these cars are transferable for 5 years would them flooding the market would have any affect or indirectly because people who get these cars will sell what they already have might cause the car market to go down and offset rises due to currency fluctuations

, Now I know successive governments in our country has wanted to paint the world bank and the IMF as villains, but in stark contradiction we keep borrowing from them to keep the economy going.

true..

did any one catch that speech by the asian head of the world bank where he stated that sri lanka is paying around 3-4% more in interest on it's recent $500 mil loan?