• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyata Carina At 170

tharindu6

Question

hi guys,

i need some help from all of you..i have a toyata carina AT 170 my road. its in good runnig condition at the moment. It has some problems regarding the body condition. this car met with an accident 2 years back and i'm not happy with the repair work on the body. car has 300k on the clock.but the engine is in good condition..i'm planing to sell this car..is it a good idea to sell this and go for a onother car in 7-8 laks range?or is it good to do a good paint and body work and keep it for a another year?pls advise on this.

cheers..

pls forgive me for my incorrect grammer

:rolleyes:

6 answers to this question

hi guys,

i need some help from all of you..i have a toyata carina AT 170 my road. its in good runnig condition at the moment. It has some problems regarding the body condition. this car met with an accident 2 years back and i'm not happy with the repair work on the body. car has 300k on the clock.but the engine is in good condition..i'm planing to sell this car..is it a good idea to sell this and go for a onother car in 7-8 laks range?or is it good to do a good paint and body work and keep it for a another year?pls advise on this.

cheers..

he hee this is not an english class.............

Edited by Nilantha

hi guys,

cheers..

dude, thats kinda up to you, isn't it... 300k is alot. but if you've maintained her well, then she will keep going, and you know what to expect from her.

what are you hoping to buy if you sell her?

Edited by Arc Angel

dude, thats kinda up to you, isn't it... 300k is alot. but if you've maintained her well, then she will keep going, and you know what to expect from her.

what are you hoping to buy if you sell her?

If the body condition is not really good you wont be able to sell for a really good price either isnt it..?

And the next car u`ll be buying wont be a new one also, so you cant be an absolute 100% sure about the condition of that.. so considering the fact that it`s only for an year i think u`ll be better off with a known Devil other than an unknown Angel.. :-)

Your grammar is better than most,

kindly explain what kind of a accident did your car meet and what exactly are you not happy about in the repair ?

I have a similar experience I might add, but I will share them once you answer the above,

The Don

hi guys,

cheers..

It's like this: even if you do buy a car, any car in the under 3m range, you will proably have to do anything from 50 - 100k in repairs. That's just how it is with used cars (of course I know people who disagree with this theory)

In my humble opinion, if your car is functioning OK, might as well just do the little repairs and keep it. After all you know this car, and what problems it has, which is better than getting a used "unknown" car.

Edited by Saturn