• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cell Phone Registration?

Lalithster

Hey guys I will be visiting sri lanka and I want to use my cell phone in Sri Lanka. I heard there is a new law where we have to pay a tax and register the cell phone in Sri Lanka. Is this true? I also heard that if I take it to Dialog that they lock it to their network.

Thanks for the help

Hey guys I will be visiting sri lanka and I want to use my cell phone in Sri Lanka. I heard there is a new law where we have to pay a tax and register the cell phone in Sri Lanka. Is this true? I also heard that if I take it to Dialog that they lock it to their network.

Thanks for the help

No such thing - No networks lock the phones like most other countries since the network does not give the phone FOC like other countries. Working for a telco (not in the cellular division) there is a tax that the govt charges on the bill but other than that it's standard.

Bringing a phone would be cheaper naturally.

If your on roaming better check with your provider and confirm the rates.

Cheers

No such thing - No networks lock the phones like most other countries since the network does not give the phone FOC like other countries. Working for a telco (not in the cellular division) there is a tax that the govt charges on the bill but other than that it's standard.

Bringing a phone would be cheaper naturally.

If your on roaming better check with your provider and confirm the rates.

Cheers

spot on.

you'll have to check if your current provider has locked your network, in which case you will not be able to use a local network without unlocking the phone.