• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good Work By Mr. President

Thanushka

Ok ! its not the time and the place to argue about politics. lets get to the topic...are these cars very prone to injuries?

They're made of fiberglass, what do you think? I wonder if they even have airbags.

This is just a ploy for the government to feel good about themselves and detract attention from more important issues. Probably, he wants to get some support out of the microcar company for some other reason as well. Does anyone know/remember about the monorail system the microcar guy wanted to set up in colombo, only to have the government pour cold water on the plans? Well, most probably Mahinda now plans to set up something like that and take all the credit for it, and so needs the company on his side. If anyone remembers mahinda's campaign videos, they'll remember how there was a "futuristic" colombo (with images lifted from singapore i think) with a monorail included. Too bad for him not everyone is as stupid as he thinks.

I am all for buying Lankan products, where it is produced with common sense and not out of the need to appear special or different. I wholly agree with the person who asked if President will travel in a bullet proof micro - the president should be the change he wants to see in this world, as Ghandi said. We can harp about how it's his right to safety and all that, but then, other people also have the right to safety no? There are better industries than automobiles for Sri Lanka, if you ask me. Specially given the number of auto manufacturers worldwide. It's a good thing, but it's just not necessary. Otherwise, the government must pump enough money into the industry to make it a more viable option than what is basically a 3 wheeler with four wheels. Maybe from the money they gain by charging a 300% tax on imported cars. Has he seen the state of the roads and the way people drive these days? Probably not, since all traffic must come to a standstill for a mile around when any of them travel (might get shot, you see). Would he put his own sons out there among the crazy 138 busses in a little fiberglass shell? I'm sure that'll offend everyone, but that's the government's same problem, they are too careful not to offend, even to the extent of hiding the truth.

Edited by SeanD

PR stunt since COL is sky rocketing etc :)

Just another PR stunt. MR claimed he will go to courts on behalf of Murali when the OZ PM made some comments. But nothing materialized !

It's all about PR with him, else why would he work in a paddy field? Out fo the goodness of his heart? Dont think so ....

no one should expect the president to trravel in a lankan made car. he is a valuable leader and need security unless a lankan car comes up with it

Dear friends,

Malaysia had a vision of being a developed country in 2020. But i think they have achieved it before 20yrs. Have you ever driven a Proton car? It has all the comfort & features as a Japanese car. And its exported to Aussie and to many European countries, including UK. Now Malaysia is Assembling Toyota cars also.

Y cant our people do the same thing? Y do we have to go for used and recon cars if we have our own. Do you think we lack in labour, design or creativity? I dont think so. Sri Lankan labour is known for their perfection and commitment.

Y cant our politicians ask the Japanese to open up a plant here in SL to assemble Japanese vehicles rather than asking them for military assistants. Orelse if the Government help the Micro fellows, I hope they will come up with comfortable, reliable and good looking vehicles.

If i'm not mistaken Micro GIFTED the president with a RTexton2 and a Kyron when it was introduced in SL... maybe he can start using it for a change.. if security is the deal, get 2 or 3 identical vehicles so that no-one else knows exactly in which one he's riding in. Personally i think that's the best cover of security on the road, rather than have one bullet-proof car. Cos from experience we know that even a bullet proof car can be stopped with a single road-side bomb.. but thats jsut my opinion..

And seriously, practicing what he preaches will get him some actual valid PR points for a change..

(note: i'm not a MR supporter or anything ok)