• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1.5 Million Km Honda For Sale On Craigslist

Saturn

honda_civic_million_miles.jpg

Craigslist Find of the Decade: 940,000 mile '95 Honda Civic

There's high mileage, and then there's this. A 1995 Honda Civic is for sale in Atlanta with, count 'em, 939,899 miles. That's 200-plus miles a day. Every day. Including Sundays. For 12 years. It even has a CARFAX report from when the car had 907,000 miles on it. According to the seller, the car runs like new, with no leaks, no noises, no oil burning, and not even a scratch on the body. In fact, the only blemish listed is that one of the dashboard lights doesn't work, and that's only sometimes.

The car is on its ninth timing belt, ninth water pump, and fourth clutch. But the engine and transmission are original, as are the floor mats. The car even comes with records. The most incredible thing isn't the mileage, though. It's how the owner put the miles on the car: driving on business trips from Atlanta ... to Seattle ... and San Francisco. We want to know what kind of business -- or what kind of boss -- makes a guy drive across the country and back, and then some, every single month for 12 straight years.

To paraphrase The Proclaimers, if you buy this car then you can drive a million miles and you can drive a million more ...

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/10/01/craigsl...95-honda-civic/

Another story, on a million mile Saab:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=538098

quite impressive indeed! i wouldnt have wanted to be in his shoes though! imagine driving up and down across america every month!!

however just to put this in perspective, check out this baby.... world record holder for highest mileage in a single vehicle, 40 years and still going strong!

18432323ac1.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/10/26/man-wit...-for-3-million/

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2006/09/26/023106.html

Impressive!!!

The road conditions & maintenance of these vehicles would have been the main contributors.

The Million Mile Club is nothing new. Mercedes Benz has a scheme to buy back cars with a verified mileage over a million miles in exchange for a brand new car. Million mile Taxis are quite common across Europe where the drivers maintain them with pride.

Ofcourse the doing in on our road conditions is another thing.

I have seen a Town Ace Van with over 575k in Hatton. Any high mileage reports from SL?

One of my friends has a Hiace which i can reember was about 380k, would have clocked 400k by now & there are some Nissan double cabs in office which are more than 300k.

The Land Cruiser online brocure mentions about two land crusers in Aussie which have clocked more than 1 Million km.

Actually we can find a few here, provided the owners continue to use them...

One of ma friends (works for lankabell) as area manager, bought his Mazda in 2005, reg. number KA-xxxx

he clocked 125,000 km by end August 2007... had a time selling it though... people who came to see it thought is was a taxi..

The Million Mile Club is nothing new. Mercedes Benz has a scheme to buy back cars with a verified mileage over a million miles in exchange for a brand new car. Million mile Taxis are quite common across Europe where the drivers maintain them with pride.

Ofcourse the doing in on our road conditions is another thing.

I have seen a Town Ace Van with over 575k in Hatton. Any high mileage reports from SL?

are you sure that isnt a Million Kilometres?? Mercedes IS german after all, and they tend to think in Metrics...... anyway this Volvo P1800 has over 4 Million KM!!

as for SL, we have two vans in office which have over 300k each. The older one, an LH113 is nearer to 500k!, and my trusty LN106 has 365,000 KM on the clock, genuine, because we've had it from new......

he he...if the meters are not clocked back... with our vehicle import taxes... most of the vehicles will accumulate million miles and more since many won't be able to afford new vehicles :action-smiley-060:

however most of the will bill moving rust buckets putting out black smoke etc etc :angry-smiley-048:

Hey Supra_Natural, are you still running with the original engine block in your LN106 or have you done a engine swap??

One of my friends got a Hilux with over 4,50,000 on the clock... genuine mileage and most of them out of colombo since the truck is at a famous photography studio and they take it out on shoots etc...

it's old, doesn't look cool but still runs like a champ... as far as i know it still got the original powerplant...

suspension and steering part part have been replaced to my knowledge... good solid bloody vehicles

There is a government used late 90s model Honda EX Civic that is serviced by stafford. i saw it there for a service in the middle of 2006 and it had some 700,000 km (seven hundred thousand) on the clock. apparently made runs between kurunegala and colombo a lot. they were planning to do a promo on that car but no idea wat happened to it. next time anyone goes to stafford, try asking someone there about it, most probably they would know. Apparently it had never had any repairs more than the regular service stuff.

Edited by SeanD

One of my friends got a Hilux with over 4,50,000 on the clock... genuine mileage and most of them out of colombo since the truck is at a famous photography studio and they take it out on shoots etc...

it's old, doesn't look cool but still runs like a champ... as far as i know it still got the original powerplant...

suspension and steering part part have been replaced to my knowledge... good solid bloody vehicles

yeah, they ARE built like rocks, in fact Jeremy Clarkson and the Top Gear boys (who else? :lol:) once tried to destroy an early 90's LN 65 hilux by among other things, setting fire to it, hitting it with a wrecking ball, driving into a tree etc (those are just the tame ones btw).... below is the full spectacle

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lrk6vsb77xk