• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Self Tunning Or Ecu Resetting?doing Magcitystuff@home

chinth_guy

That is a possibility, but from what i know its quite a simple procedure

GearHead

My email address is abeetha AT yahoo DOT com, but quite honestly I think Zackie is a better choice, simply because of the reviews he receives on this forum. But this other gentleman once solved a problem in my car that nobody else was able to identify.

Don, Can you tell us the procedure?? :rolleyes:

Don, Can you tell us the procedure?? :rolleyes:

The procedure is different for different cars and for different alarm systems, but generally what you have to do is

1. Find the remote receiver in your car. This is often behind the upholstry in the driver side door, but it could be somewhere else

2. There you will find a switch on the receiver which will have a learn or program position and an on or normal position, or something to this effect

3. You will move the switch to the learn position and press the button on your remote (you sometimes have to press it a pre defined number of times, so its best to follow the manual of your alarm system or of your car)

4. The remote receiver will acknowledge the key code by flashing its lights or something similar (usually flashing the lights that is activated by the alarm, mostly the hazar lights)

5. put the switch back to the normal position and you are good to go

what i described is the remote programming procedure for my car, which is a Mitsubishi, the system is slightly different in each car but seems to follow the same pattern

The procedure is different for different cars and for different alarm systems, but generally what you have to do is

1. Find the remote receiver in your car. This is often behind the upholstry in the driver side door, but it could be somewhere else

2. There you will find a switch on the receiver which will have a learn or program position and an on or normal position, or something to this effect

3. You will move the switch to the learn position and press the button on your remote (you sometimes have to press it a pre defined number of times, so its best to follow the manual of your alarm system or of your car)

4. The remote receiver will acknowledge the key code by flashing its lights or something similar (usually flashing the lights that is activated by the alarm, mostly the hazar lights)

5. put the switch back to the normal position and you are good to go

what i described is the remote programming procedure for my car, which is a Mitsubishi, the system is slightly different in each car but seems to follow the same pattern

i just did a Google search for my car, which is Corolla Luxel (122) so far i found this,

1. Start with the key out of the ignition. Open the driver door (all other doors are closed). Driver door is unlocked (other doors don’t matter).

2. Perform these steps within 5 seconds

1. Insert the key into the ignition (don’t turn it) Pull key out

2. Insert the key into the ignition (don’t turn it) Pull key out

3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds

1. Close, then open the drivers door.

2. Close, then open the drivers door.

3. Insert the key into the ignition (don’t turn it) and pull it out.

4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds

1. Close, then open the drivers door.

2. Close, then open the drivers door.

3. Insert the key into the ignition and leave in the ignition.

4. Close the drivers door

Turn the ignition to ON (as far as you can go without cranking the engine), then back to off .

5. Remove the key from the ignition.

5. Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should lock then unlock automatically indicating successful entry into programming mode. Return to step 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point.

6. Perform these steps within 40 seconds

1. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter simultaneously for 1.5 seconds

2. Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, press the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds, the door locks should lock then unlock once indicating successful programming. If the door locks cycle twice, repeat steps 6a and 6b as the remote was not accepted.

7. Open drivers door

problem is mine has only one button on key :unsure: so i'm not sure how to perform the 6th step!! anyone who has done with it welcome!

Sounds quite lengthy :) but worse case scenario toyota lanka will do it for you. also its quite possible the remote receive has a small battery back up which will hold the settings even if the battery terminal is pulled out, as a security precaution, so you might not need to worry about reprogramming

Try this

http://www.geocities.com/toyota_speed2003/keyless_entry.html

Edited by The Don

Sounds quite lengthy :) but worse case scenario toyota lanka will do it for you. also its quite possible the remote receive has a small battery back up which will hold the settings even if the battery terminal is pulled out, as a security precaution, so you might not need to worry about reprogramming

Try this

You wont believe how much they (Toyota La**) charged for the new key and programmed it for my car, (I lost my key) it was 21,***/- :blink: i don't want to go after them for another reprogramming session. :ninja: Thanks For Link Don. i will let you know the Results ;)

Edited by Ruslan

Try this

You're right Don, it remembers the key less remote settings. i removed the Battery terminals in the mornings and fitted back in the evening (Wants to reset the ECU) and checked the key less system. it works like charm :jumping-smiley-013:

Edited by Ruslan

You're right Don, it remembers the key less remote settings. i removed the Battery terminals in the mornings and fitted back in the evening (Wants to reset the ECU) and checked the key less system. it works like charm :jumping-smiley-013:

Good to hear !