• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Battery Advice

ferrarif50

Hi everyone, my problem is this...

i bought a new battery yesterday. they just gave it to me putting battery water and said i just have to plug it in. they DID NOT CHARGE it ... just remove the packing and put battery water. after i came home and plug it, vehicle wasnt starting well... i mean its hard to start. there wasnt any problem with starting earlier.

is this happening because the battery is not charged well ? or any idea whys this happeing ?

pls give some advice before i talk to the battery shop guys...

F50

well its in the old days that we had to charge a new battery before installing it on the car. Recently got a battery for car from Browns and the procedure was the same..they just put the battery water and gave me the battery but i didnt experience any problem at all.

If the problem continues i suggest you take the battery to the place where you got it from and get it checked..

Hi everyone, my problem is this...

i bought a new battery yesterday. they just gave it to me putting battery water and said i just have to plug it in. they DID NOT CHARGE it ... just remove the packing and put battery water. after i came home and plug it, vehicle wasnt starting well... i mean its hard to start. there wasnt any problem with starting earlier.

is this happening because the battery is not charged well ? or any idea whys this happeing ?

pls give some advice before i talk to the battery shop guys...

F50

yep... same story here when i bought ma battery but the guys at the battery joint asked me to run the car around a bit before "straining" the new battery...

So after the installation i drove around a bit and that was it :)

I think you shouldn't do short drives where you have fire the motor a few times before the battery gets a breather... after one decent drive it should be ok... at least it was for me :)

OH No, NO NO NO!!....dont let them start on this again!!!!........

if problem persists check the alternator

yep...regulator's plays up sometimes either not giving enough juice to the battery to charge up or give too much and dry the thing out...

Once on one of my bikes the bloody regulator was faulty and the battery was getting cooked... Didn't know until it was too late :(

and now i've invested on a digi multimeter to do routine checks on charging systems both on my car and bikes :)