• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Samsumg S series mobile - green line issue and display replacement

carboy2011

Any idea where I can get a display replaced for a Samsung S22 with a green line issue (randomly green line appeared after an update) apparently its a an issue that has hit the S series phones

Unfortunately this phone is out of warranty as its now 2 years old so the dealer wont do anything, I can get down the display off ebay but would like to know a good place to fix it and how much it will cost me approximately ,thanks in advance

IMG-20240902-WA0004.jpg

3 hours ago, carboy2011 said:

Any idea where I can get a display replaced for a Samsung S22 with a green line issue (randomly green line appeared after an update) apparently its a an issue that has hit the S series phones

Unfortunately this phone is out of warranty as its now 2 years old so the dealer wont do anything, I can get down the display off ebay but would like to know a good place to fix it and how much it will cost me approximately ,thanks in advance

IMG-20240902-WA0004.jpg

For the prices quoted for the new replacement screens its better off to buy new or to get a LCD screen. This is what I did on my OnePlus. Globally atleast OnePlus is doing the screen replacement on warranty FOC, unfortunately Sri Lanka doesnt have an agent.

On 9/19/2024 at 3:28 AM, carboy2011 said:

IMG-20240902-WA0004.jpg

I had a similar issue on 2 my S21+ phones, and both of them were 2 years old and out of warranty. After contacting Samsung authorized service center, learnt that they were doing screen replacements free of charge. There was some deadline as I remember. Just contact them and see if yours can be replaced free of charge as well.

Otherwise it would cost around 100k to replace the display and the water seal (if the display is replaced the water seal too would have to be replaced according to them as I remember).

2 hours ago, Dee Jay said:

I had a similar issue on 2 my S21+ phones, and both of them were 2 years old and out of warranty. After contacting Samsung authorized service center, learnt that they were doing screen replacements free of charge. There was some deadline as I remember. Just contact them and see if yours can be replaced free of charge as well.

Otherwise it would cost around 100k to replace the display and the water seal (if the display is replaced the water seal too would have to be replaced according to them as I remember).

I'd say change to a Pixel 😜, I fell out with OnePlus due to the green and pink lines. Although I replaced with a LCD I have been searching for a phone that doesnt have the greenline issue. Pay a bit extra and you can get a Pixel 7 Pro / 8 Pro

17 hours ago, Dee Jay said:

Hi,can you pls give me the Samsung Sri Lanka office contact no to check if they can do a replacement

• 4 weeks later...