• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Advise-toyota Corsa

hornet

Hi All

I m very new to this forum but I was must say all of you ppl are doing a great job. Keep it up and congrades. :angry-smiley-048:

I m planning to purchase a car for my self but with the current prices I m finding it really difficult because my budget is around 1.3M.What I look in a car mainly is fuel consumption(because I need to use the vehicle on a daily basis) and the availability of spares.

There s a 1500cc 1998 full option auto Toyota Corsa VIT-X sedan for 1.3M.Do you guys think if it’s a good deal?

Since Toyota has discontinued this range do you guys think it s difficult to find spares?

are there any members who owns a corsa in this forum? Thanks in advance.

Edited by hornet

Thanks for the reply.

Engine:5E-FE

Model:EL 53

Corsa VIT-X

Power stering with tilt

Retractable power mirrors

power shutters

rear head rests

Crystal lights

But no security alarms/alloy wheels/cd player/fog lamps.Owner is saying it does over 12km in city with A/C.Milage is over 115,000km.

Hi All

I m very new to this forum but I was must say all of you ppl are doing a great job. Keep it up and congrades. :angry-smiley-048:

I m planning to purchase a car for my self but with the current prices I m finding it really difficult because my budget is around 1.3M.What I look in a car mainly is fuel consumption(because I need to use the vehicle on a daily basis) and the availability of spares.

There s a 1500cc 1998 full option auto Toyota Corsa VIT-X sedan for 1.3M.Do you guys think if it’s a good deal?

Since Toyota has discontinued this range do you guys think it s difficult to find spares?

are there any members who owns a corsa in this forum? Thanks in advance.

Since you're on a budget, fuel efficacy, spares...later on resale value etc... why not go for a AE110.

You get those within your budget...

I'm not sure of exact plus/minus points of a Corsa but the general perception IMHO is that it's not a very sought after model...

Just my 2 cents and i hope others will also chime in with their views :)

Welcome to AL :)

any comments/suggestions guys?

Good reliable cars. Quite economical. Parts are cheap and easy to find (Except the rubber moulding on the corners of the buffers).

I saw a GH Regd one full option auto similar to the one you mentioned for 12.45 and the owner refused to budge a few months back. But if the car is in absolute mint, 1.3 mil is not too much to spend on a decent car today. It doesn't hurt to bargain though.

Good Luck!

hornet

i personally thinks that 1.3 mil bux is too much for a 302- corsa.. if u can go for a FB14, you will have a better 2nd hand market than the corsa.. plus, if u search on the market u will be able to go for a ENG num plated fb14 for that price for sure.

regards,

Tnx for the advice raveen.Even I myself am thinking of that.But honestly i dont know anything about FB14.is fb14 good in fuel (i was told corsa can do over 12km/l even during city drive with A/C!!!)?Also is the ground clearence low as the fb15?are there any major issues(like the air flow sensor issue in fb15) in relation to the electronics and ECU?whats the current market value for a well maintained fb14 car?I saw a few advertised in here as well.

Tnx for the advice raveen.Even I myself am thinking of that.But honestly i dont know anything about FB14.is fb14 good in fuel (i was told corsa can do over 12km/l even during city drive with A/C!!!)?Also is the ground clearence low as the fb15?are there any major issues(like the air flow sensor issue in fb15) in relation to the electronics and ECU?whats the current market value for a well maintained fb14 car?I saw a few advertised in here as well.

I use a FB14. yep true the ground clearence is low. i think you are talking about a manual corsa right? even the manual fb14 can work upto 11-12 if it is well tuned and the sensor n all are perfect (as the company says) On my car, i dont find any major issue other than that ground clearence scenario.

You can find a well maintained FB14 for arnd 1.2 - 1.3mil bux. (remember manual works more on fuel)

If you take Corolla and Sunny, for sure corolla leads. But When it comes for a Corsa you should think twice.

:jumping-smiley-013: regards,

no machan this is an auto corsa.

Thanks for the info on the FB14 s.The ground clearence is a big issue for me as the entrance to my house has a high elevation from the road and many cars(especially FB15/N16 etc) can not enter without scratching the underside against the concrete.I m a bit worried about this because i have to face this on a daily basis.I know most cars nowadays dont have that much of ground clearence but i practically saw this issue this with Nissans.May be others can share theri comments on this as well.

Anyway i saw a 1995 F/O fb14 advertised in here for just 1.08M.do you think its a good price?

Edited by hornet

no machan this is an auto corsa.

Thanks for the info on the FB14 s.The ground clearence is a big issue for me as the entrance to my house has a high elevation from the road and many cars(especially FB15/N16 etc) can not enter without scratching the underside against the concrete.I m a bit worried about this because i have to face this on a daily basis.I know most cars nowadays dont have that much of ground clearence but i practically saw this issue this with Nissans.May be others can share theri comments on this as well.

Anyway i saw a 1995 F/O fb14 advertised in here for just 1.08M.do you think its a good price?

I think FB14 is worse than N16 in ground clearence issue so yeah i too think it will be a problem for you.

As the YOM is 1995, i think its the full light model you are talking about. better you can go for the seperate light model for around Rs 10.5-11 than going for tht 1995 model for that price...

separate light model got more demand on the market than the full light model. check the following links u will identify both models.

full light model - http://www.cars-directory.net/gallery/niss...22632_orig.html

sepeate light - http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/nissan...1/picture/4555/

this is a better fb14 - http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/nissan...1/picture/4552/

:jumping-smiley-013: guess you got a brief idea about FB14z

Edited by raveen

Thanks alot raveen for the info.I never knew about this full light/seperat light issue.Do you know whats the difference between the 02 models?Or is it just one of sri lankan myths?

Yes I gess according to the pictures the one i refer to is a full light model.

But as you say if the ground clearence is lower that N16 then i m in trouble :-(

Neverthe less thanks alot machan and may be i ll have a test run with a FB14 just to check the clearence :-)

Also from the wen I found out a F/O 1997 SB-14 Disel car for 1.3M.What are your thought s about this?there were no pics uploaded.

Since you are a owner machan what are the things that i should look into or pay my attention when inspecting a FB 14?Thanks

Edited by hornet

Thanks alot raveen for the info.I never knew about this full light/seperat light issue.Do you know whats the difference between the 02 models?Or is it just one of sri lankan myths?

Yes I gess according to the pictures the one i refer to is a full light model.

But as you say if the ground clearence is lower that N16 then i m in trouble :-(

Neverthe less thanks alot machan and may be i ll have a test run with a FB14 just to check the clearence :-)

Also from the wen I found out a F/O 1997 SB-14 Disel car for 1.3M.What are your thought s about this?there were no pics uploaded.

Since you are a owner machan what are the things that i should look into or pay my attention when inspecting a FB 14?Thanks

u are welcome machang.. actly its like this. full light model is bit older. if the YOM is 1997, it should be a seperate light model which is better. Now days diesel is much better for your pocket (though its bit noisy) and there is a Rs 1 / 1.5 lacks difference between same petrol and diesel models (only on SL market)

If you take a FB14, first thing you shoud check is whether its a Super saloon, Ex saloon or a FE.

FE is the basic model which you DONT have Power shutters, power mirrors, air bags, etc. u get only basic options such as A/C, P/S.

on Ex Saloon and super saloon u get some slight changes on dashboard, (eg: on supersaloon u GET the RPM meter) and the other major difference is, you get the power antena ONLY on super saloon. basically, super saloon is better than the ex saloon.

apart frm tht ground clearence problem, there is another comman problem in FB14... the headlights get yelloish. thts not a big deal yeah. other than that check the body condition.. whether its corrotion free. bodyshape should be neat and accident free. check whether it got alloywheels which will make a big difference on the car value. and other extras such as cd-players, security systems etc will be advantages. If u bought a used car, always remember to check the battery and tyres and make sure they are in good condition.

:angry-smiley-048: Cheers machang hope you will find a good car..

Edited by raveen

Tnx alot machan.

The main reason for me even to consider a diesel is the price of petrol.

You seem to know alot about FB14 s man thanks again for the great advice.I ll defineatly look for those if i decided to go for a FB14 but as i said previously the clearance is the main thing that i worry about.

Keep up the good work machan and i ll let you know the progress. :D

Edited by hornet

Tnx alot machan.

The main reason for me even to consider a diesel is the price of petrol.

You seem to know alot about FB14 s man thanks again for the great advice.I ll defineatly look for those if i decided to go for a FB14 but as i said previously the clearance is the main thing that i worry about.

Keep up the good work machan and i ll let you know the progress. :D

u r welcm mcho wish you all the best.. let me know what happened.

:angry-smiley-048: GOOD LUCK

One thing to point out, the doctor sunny (FB13) diesel versions aged very quickly to the point its difficult to find an example in good condition. This was a problem with that model, not really use, as diesel cars of other makes have held out reasonably well. So if you are buying a diesel be extra careful and get it checked out by the agents or somebody who knows what he or she is doing !

thanks don i ve also heard about this FB13 diesels ageing quickly issue but never thought it was a fact than fiction.But many thanks for the tip.Do you know if its true for the diesel FB14 as well?

Also guys anyone knows about the resale value of the market for the corsa?Is it hard to sell this vehicle?