• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Show This Weekend

big Daddy

Yes very poor show - nothing much out of the ordinary... wat a waste of time money and fuel to there <_<

totally agree man...what a waste of time that i could've productively spent on some ps2 time...

Went there last evening and got wet in the damn rain too trying to get back to the car...

Over promised and pathetically under delivered...

Din't see no chicks even... a few not so good looking models wearing santa suits looking sorta stupid in them was there for cheap amusement :action-smiley-060:

I think i'm gonna stop buying that stupid magazine also now for getting involved with such a horrible show...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was foolish of them to promote this as the future on wheels and show us mazda3', cefiros etc..

atleast they should have pushed it as a normal car show instead of getting people's expectations up over the last 6 months by publicising about it being the greatest show ever.

having said that the golf GTI is so neat. would love to have one of them as a daily driver.

range rover sport if i could pick any SUV.

Yeap It was really Boring <_< !!! Well the only thing that I enjoyed was "Bullying the COP :angry-smiley-046: at the Traffic Police Stall" Well I really took the shit out of em :action-smiley-082: & you guy's don't wanna know!!! Oh & the other thing I enjoyed was the "Pro Cart Ride" :car-smiley-001: !!! Well It was my first time :action-smiley-028: & I tested the first Lap at about 5 KMP/h :ph34r: & after the first Lap WTF MAN :angry-smiley-048: I wacked the Track Like a Stunt Driver :bud: ...lol!!!

Yes very poor show - nothing much out of the ordinary... wat a waste of time money and fuel to there <_<

Agreed. To top it off there were traffic blocks coming into colombo.

The vendors selling stuff like nuts and all were saying that they have not made much.

Of course the organisers would have made money.

The exhibitors and general public were the losers. Its a shame that this year the motorshow was not properly done

Its a shame that this year the motorshow was not properly done

machan it's the first time that these guys have done it... they were screaming like mad about the whole "future on wheels" theme and ended up delivering what they did.

they'll have a tough time getting in participants next year after this years failed show...

So i suppose the best show for this year was the FP one...

Hope at least those guys will lead the way and get in newer models etc... Otherwise the rest will only showcase ordinary cars and call it a futuristic motor show :angry-smiley-048:

Went to meet up with a friend at the car show and was sad to see the low turnout. Didn't seem to have much advertising in the media ha????? Too bad.

Nice to have met a few of the Autolanka peeps too.

Went to meet up with a friend at the car show and was sad to see the low turnout. Didn't seem to have much advertising in the media ha????? Too bad.

People must have been afraid to come becuase of security. :mellow:

/bigDaddy

Likewise ;)

Don't think it would be considered a success, and there was a lack of exciting cars around, (We are waiting for that X, Mivec! ;) ) I really enjoyed being left in peace to take my photos without people jumping in front. Although annoyingly the stalls were so deserted that most places there was no one around to even open the cars up to get some interior shots.

So, anyone have any favorites? The Mirco stuff were good. Looks like the standard alloys on the Gen2 have changed. The RR Sports was nice but I went nuts with the Proper RR. V8 supercharged, that one. The Lancer 2.0 with the paddle shift was nice. Could do with some projector lights tho. The 407 coupe was swoon worthy. Especially since I got it opened up for interior shots. Very nice leather interior with old school dials. Leather on the dash. Def the star of the show for me, that tops even the "Styled by Guigaro" Esprit in the front :D I didn't get a properly appreciative look at the FP show, coz the crowd around that car was huge.

People must have been afraid to come becuase of security. :mellow:

Yup. Thats the comment I got from quite a few folk around the office when asking them if they were going.

Likewise ;)

Don't think it would be considered a success, and there was a lack of exciting cars around, (We are waiting for that X, Mivec! ;) ) I really enjoyed being left in peace to take my photos without people jumping in front. Although annoyingly the stalls were so deserted that most places there was no one around to even open the cars up to get some interior shots.

peri, why not a full blown autolanka car show? i'm sure you guys have the means and the contacts to pull it off...

Most of the members rides alone would be enough to create awe.

having said that the golf GTI is so neat. would love to have one of them as a daily driver.

range rover sport if i could pick any SUV.

I would love the GTI as my daily driver (if I had about 10m burning my pocket). But I'll pick the Range Rover and not the Sport!

peri, why not a full blown autolanka car show? i'm sure you guys have the means and the contacts to pull it off...

Most of the members rides alone would be enough to create awe.

Thats what the AL G2G, Honda meets, Nismo meets, etc are for. Check the galleries. If you expect a BMICH renting thing, I doubt AL has the manpower to organise something like that without substantial volunteer support. Not that its out of the realms of possibility, just not possible right now. The future tho ... Well, Madz will get to it when he gets to it.

• 2 weeks later...
I do belive so, seeing as to how the how the c******o show pics were posted in July :D Ohhh, Madzzzz....

err....can someone pls confirm the name of that car show? till then i'm taking off those pics from gallery.. :action-smiley-060:

hay Pericles what dose CMTA means? U have mentioned that on those files.

err....can someone pls confirm the name of that car show? till then i'm taking off those pics from gallery.. :action-smiley-060:

It's "CEYLON MOTOR SHOW" if we all are talking abt the show which happened on the 30th @ BMICH

It's "CEYLON MOTOR SHOW" if we all are talking abt the show which happened on the 30th @ BMICH

Thanks Ash for pointing it out :)

Ceylon Motor Traders Association.

According to the advertising, the Ceylon Motor Show organized by the CMTA.

Ok cool.