• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda 323

welcome

Hi Friends,

I was offred a 323 Manual one (YOM 2000) for 14.3 Mn. Its silver and has few extras like Alloys/Fog lamps & is in very good condition.

As per the owner it does 12kmpl and its really good compared to other sedans in this range.

But, I want to clarify

1.whether this a good deal ??? and :unsure:

2.Does this car actually do such milege ?????? :unsure:

Dear Mazda owners/ expers here .... yr input is highly appreciated to make a decision.

Tks in advance,

That's a good price... provided it;s in good shape..

whats the engine capacity..? is it 1600cc..?? if so, yes you could get bout 12 km/l on condition you don't drive aggressively.. If you are confident of the current user and his maintenance go for it, else have it check at the Mazda garage @ pepiliyana.

Mazda's are really good cars, I;ve been using one for the past 2 years.. no issues what so ever..

Good luck.

whats the engine capacity..? is it 1600cc..?? if so, yes you could get bout 12 km/l on condition you don't drive aggressively.. If you are confident of the current user and his maintenance go for it, else have it check at the Mazda garage @ pepiliyana.

Mazda's are really good cars, I;ve been using one for the past 2 years.. no issues what so ever..

Good luck.

Hi,

One of my friends bought a 323 1999 model for 11.5mn. Though it is a 1300CC it does about 10-11km/L in Colombo. I think a 1600 should do 12km/L.

Good luck.

Agree the deal is good provided that all is in good condition. Bugatti - I too use a Mazda 1.6CC Manual but fuel is low - in the process of checking it out - as I recently met a person with a auto1.6 doing around 10 in Colombo. I don't need 10 as I kind of have sudden urges to really trash her when I'm in a good mood :rolleyes:

To Bugatti :

I've been told of a guy called Rasika - somewhere in Rajagiriya (IDH) - he supposed to have all the gadgets and all and has fixed one of my friends car which was doing 6 - to 10 with out power loss....

Have you come across such a person - Any one.??????

Sorry mods not trying to promote - just trying to get some info as I've not had a chance to get some info.

Overall MAzda is a great car (Going on my 3rd Mazda ) - the deal is great as I paid some what more 1 year back - BUT if the owner does not have records- HIGHLY recommend U get it checked - If over 100K check on timing belts replacements- follow Bugatti's advice

Cheers - & welcome to the family :D

Mazdaspeed,

Yes I know Rasika, he basically fixed a problem that Ca* Mar* screwed up.... this guy specializes in electronic diagnostics..

I have a 1500cc manual (hatch) I get over 9km/l in Colombo if gracefully driven. But that hardly happens... moment I see an Open road, I put my foot down :rolleyes:

but the 1600cc should do more than 10... if u have done any changes to the engine recently, try re-setting the ECU. or if u are happy with what u get, then drive with a smile..!

Any thought of upgrading to the Mazda 3..??

Yes I do :rolleyes: (or to an Axela - but only a handful available at car sales. Anyone know any reason?)

about the fuel issue : I drive a year 2000 BJ5P 1.5L VVT. It does about 8.5-9Km/L in Colombo.

Hi friends,

First of all, sorry for the delay to responce...... Yes,its 1.6 cc and second owner.

I really apprciate yr valuable inputs /advices which have several times guided me in the correct direction.Also, my honest thank go to all adminsters and experts who decicate their valuable time to share their knowlede with all members .

Considering yr pros comments ,feel like buying the car and update you all if I could get it (part of finance from my wife ....errrr .......have to convince & teach her manual is better)

Tks,

Mazdaspeed,

Yes I know Rasika, he basically fixed a problem that Ca* Mar* screwed up.... this guy specializes in electronic diagnostics..

I have a 1500cc manual (hatch) I get over 9km/l in Colombo if gracefully driven. But that hardly happens... moment I see an Open road, I put my foot down :rolleyes:

but the 1600cc should do more than 10... if u have done any changes to the engine recently, try re-setting the ECU. or if u are happy with what u get, then drive with a smile..!

Thanks a Mill for the assurance as that was what I was told. I haven’t done anything with the engine yet other than replace the plugs with platinum tips and I use 95 octane too. hence I m sure as U said may need a adjusting the ECu or something...

ohhhh I desperately looked for a hatch but didn’t get anything whilst i was searching.... YA I know the feeling when you just want to rip on a open road........ just as I'm enjoying it some dumb 3 wheeler kind of butt's in every time :violent-smiley-099:

On the Mazda 3

Yess I have a big dream and love to got go for a M 3….. it’s just that my wallet & bank account/pay doesn’t seem to keep up with my dream….. let’s me down big time :lol:;)

Cheers

Yes I do :rolleyes: (or to an Axela - but only a handful available at car sales. Anyone know any reason?)

about the fuel issue : I drive a year 2000 BJ5P 1.5L VVT. It does about 8.5-9Km/L in Colombo.

Ya well compared to the 121 and the Allion, Axela and 3's are lesser in numbers.. but there are quite a few.

Ya, i was lucky to get a hatch.... bought it off a friend, paid a bit more than the mkt price as it was in good shape, and a manual. But I missed a chance to buy the VVt version of a hatch which sold for 1.7 mill in 2006. It had all round disks too..

On the Mazda 3

There's a original kitted 3 with 16" wheels, triptronic.. selling price 3.7...!! :blink: awesome car..

Edited by Bugatti

machan pardon my ignorance, but what the diff between the axela and mazda3?

Axela is the successor of Familia... 3 is of 323. Agents import the 3, while Axela is available recon. The 3 has bit more options.. like all-round disk brakes and also comes with 1.8 & 2.0 liter engines..

you can get more info from the Mazda web site..

I don't need 10 as I kind of have sudden urges to really trash her when I'm in a good mood :rolleyes:

moment I see an Open road, I put my foot down :rolleyes:

YA I know the feeling when you just want to rip on a open road........ just as I'm enjoying it some dumb 3 wheeler kind of butt's in every time :violent-smiley-099:

are you sure it's not you who butt in......

Our company has two Mazdas one a 323 - Singapore import sedan and the other a Jap import Familia Hatch. Both are auto. The hatch does 9-10 km/l while the Sedan does 12! - Strange!!! The Hatch is newer and feels slightly quicker for me.

On the Mazda 3

There's a original kitted 3 with 16" wheels, triptronic.. selling price 3.7...!! :blink: awesome car..

if you're referring to the one at the car sale in nugegoda with the MPS stickers, its been sitting there for almost a year! don't know why no one has purchased it, but the side skirtings are extremely low so its not very practical for our roads.