• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

I Have New Respect For Lewis Hamilton

xXx

yes the boy got some talent but i always thought he was very lucky and fortunate to have such a good car and this fact contributed massively him finishing as the runners up in the drivers championship.

But this made me think twice

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=B5SSLoYoOTU

You can watch the full episode here in high quality:

http://www.stage6.com/user/Holiace/video/1...45/Top-Bananat8

lots of other interesting stuff including Richard Hammond trying his hand at a Formula 1 car and a new contender for the BMW M5 in the form of vauxhall. Oh and not to forget a new BMW that drives itself round the track.

• 1 year later...

Great concept but I doubt it's real. Regardless of what's controlling it, you'll also need something physical to actuate the throttle, brakes and move the steering. As great as the on board ECU is, I don't think it is expandable to run actuators. Not to mention Ron Dennis will have someone's head.

That said, they do make them sing....

God save the queen

We are the champions. Must be after a football game <_<

For the frenchies

Edited by Mani

Great concept but I doubt it's real. Regardless of what's controlling it, you'll also need something physical to actuate the throttle, brakes and move the steering.

i was thinking along the same lines. remember the amount of external mechanical arms involved to control the cars 5th gear use for their crash testing? but then again i know jack about F1 mechanics so i really can`t make a firm statement

...i recall James May doing the Top Gear theme song back in Season 6 , but i can't seem to find it online :(

i got that episode on me. its ep11 if i'm not mistaken. his point is car noises are just noises. the thing with the f1 cars is they have such a wide rpm range you can pull this off.

i was thinking along the same lines. remember the amount of external mechanical arms involved to control the cars 5th gear use for their crash testing? but then again i know jack about F1 mechanics so i really can`t make a firm statement

i'm sure its an electronic throttle/fly by wire setup. so i'm sure it can be operated without actually having to mess with the throtte pedal. and remember f1 cars probably have a very light/no flywheel at all. and the engines themselves are hardly lazy so you can get them upto any speed instantly.