• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Corolla Won 1st And 2nd Places In Australian Rc

Parak

Hi all

It is interesting to see TRD Toyota corrolla won the 1st and 2nd places in the Australian Rally championship and won the best manufactureres award too. There were some WRXs, Ford Fiesta, Lancers. I so that some petrol heads says driving a Toyota is like eating flour. I think the meaning of that is even in the toughest road conditions Toyota gives comfortability and reliability.

If you want more info follow the link below.

Cheers

http://www.trd.com.au/TRD/#main/motorsport...llyEvansvictory

Hi all

It is interesting to see TRD Toyota corrolla won the 1st and 2nd places in the Australian Rally championship and won the best manufactureres award too. There were some WRXs, Ford Fiesta, Lancers. I so that some petrol heads says driving a Toyota is like eating flour. I think the meaning of that is even in the toughest road conditions Toyota gives comfortability and reliability.

Cheers

Nice to see toyota doing well. I think they will come up with few good sports cars in near future. I read an article on a local news paper about the Lexus IS-F recently and the author have rated the lexus higher than the new M3. He mentioned that the feel of rush is almost the same in both cars and its gonna be a tight contest between the M3 and the IS-F. IS-F being 4 door saloon is another plus point. Hopefully toyota will manufacture more cars like the Supras, Corolla GTIs, and AE86s.

Hi all

Cheers

Touche' my friend..... Toyota has always had a good rep in racing and rallying, stuff like the old Celica GT-Four which was dominant in world rallying in the mid 90's and the later WRC corollas were always well respected, and who can forget the Awesome JGTC Supras and the Le Mans cars...

for the record, i was just quoting Jeremy Clarkson, and unfortunately when it comes to the majority of Toyota vehicles.... hes quite right. Mind you im not disputing the Reliability/Comfort aspect at all, I just believe that there is so much more to enjoying a car than that!

Hi all

Cheers

about bloody time :)

i always wondered why a manufacturer who can make cars like Supras and Celica's couldn't transfer some of those genes to the rest of the line up... at least a few flagship models...

For those who think that toyota is some puss-un-performance oriented brand... just wait and see what they do with Williams F1 next year!

GoodOnU

I think some people forget Toyota in the Corolla WRC won the WRC championship even on the last year they competed before they exited the WRC to try to set up their F1 team.

Interestingly I was reading the comments of some F1 drivers comments about Toyota and their unique philosophy which they call "the Toyota way" which puts emphasis on the team and not the individual. As a result a lot of them seem to feel Toyota will not be able to do that well in Formula 1, perhaps they are right, traditionally F1 was based on individuals (and yes quite a number of over paid drama queens amongst them) and often individual interests rising over team interests highlighted by the McLaren issues of this year, but I personally think though things are as they are perhaps they should not be.

On a side point 4 straight wins for Sebastien Loeb and Citroen WRT ! I was sure a Ford and Gronholm will take it this year but the Frenchman keeps delivering, though BP Ford actually won the constructors championship.

I think some people forget Toyota in the Corolla WRC won the WRC championship even on the last year they competed before they exited the WRC to try to set up their F1 team.

I thought they chose to leave coz they were accused of cheating over some innovation they came up with and that was banned for the next year? Some kinda scene like what happened to the M3 GTR, actually.

I thought they chose to leave coz they were accused of cheating over some innovation they came up with and that was banned for the next year? Some kinda scene like what happened to the M3 GTR, actually.

Hmm, the story I read and I think it was in Wikepedia gave their ambitions on Formula 1 the reasons for their exit the WRC. Interesting ........

For those who think that toyota is some puss-un-performance oriented brand... just wait and see what they do with Williams F1 next year!

Well Toyota fans should hope to see what Williams will do for Toyota and not the other way round. ;).

M3 GTR? BMW?

Schinitzer (spelling) powered.. no machan they pulled out due to the 'production car' rule where a certain number of cars need to be made in order to take part in a GT series. I think it was the Le Mans series. Toyota were banned from the WRC for using incorrect spec turbo's and the team finally decided to move its efforts to F1. KLM relates the story very well after a couple of cups on the steps :)

M3 GTR? BMW?

Yup.

Schinitzer (spelling) powered.. no machan they pulled out due to the 'production car' rule where a certain number of cars need to be made in order to take part in a GT series. I think it was the Le Mans series. Toyota were banned from the WRC for using incorrect spec turbo's and the team finally decided to move its efforts to F1. KLM relates the story very well after a couple of cups on the steps :)

The number of cars for the term 'production car' was changed due to Porsche's whinging. The original rule when BM first ran the GTR said 10 cars or 20 cars or summin. So BM made 10 cars which were snapped up by private collectors at a premium. They changed that to 100, I think, and BM just didn't wanna do it and pulled out.

As to the WRC, I'm not sure they were banned but it was something to do with the turbo. More accurately, the restrictors. Found a way to bypass it or summin, tho I think it was never proved.

Yup.

The number of cars for the term 'production car' was changed due to Porsche's whinging. The original rule when BM first ran the GTR said 10 cars or 20 cars or summin. So BM made 10 cars which were snapped up by private collectors at a premium. They changed that to 100, I think, and BM just didn't wanna do it and pulled out.

As to the WRC, I'm not sure they were banned but it was something to do with the turbo. More accurately, the restrictors. Found a way to bypass it or summin, tho I think it was never proved.

Forgive my ignorance on this one, but when did this issue happen? the toyota one i mean..... I remember toyota got into some sort of major issue in the WRC in 95 or 96 when it was found that their Celica WRC's had something odd with the turbos...... wonder if it was something similar.

Forgive my ignorance on this one, but when did this issue happen? the toyota one i mean..... I remember toyota got into some sort of major issue in the WRC in 95 or 96 when it was found that their Celica WRC's had something odd with the turbos...... wonder if it was something similar.

I think we are talking about the same thing.