• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Did I Pay Too Much ?

Rajeev_j

Recently I bought a Corolla Car AE110 XE Saloon Limited 1998,

Which is 110K on the meter, 2 nd owner, GN number (2001), auto and no accident marks visible, well maintained.

Car is in mint condition both interior and exterior as well as mechanical parts. Last owner has done all the services including auto gear oil, new tyres, timing chain, new battery, etc very recently.

It cost me 1.750 million , but some people say I have paid too much and only Toyota AE110 SE Saloon G or Revera model car may worth this much.

Is this true ?

Thanks

Which is 110K on the meter, 2 nd owner, GN number (2001), auto and no accident marks visible, well maintained.

Car is in mint condition both interior and exterior as well as mechanical parts. Last owner has done all the services including auto gear oil, new tyres, timing chain, new battery, etc very recently.

It cost me 1.750 million , but some people say I have paid too much and only Toyota AE110 SE Saloon G or Revera model car may worth this much.

Is this true ?

Thanks

i think so u have pied bit more. But now business has been finished. But don’t worry if the car is in good condition. Yes you had to buy G Grade one on this price.

Edited by Nilantha

Is this true ?

Thanks

let it go Rajeev, I know how u feel..... all in all u got a good car and that's all that matters....

Enjoy driving now..... :D

Is this true ?

Thanks

You've miss the opportunity of buying a better car than you have bought for that price. The best thing is not to blindly follow the local market conditions. In SL Toyota and Honda are everything for most of people.

Out there, there are so many good vehicles like Mazda, Mitsubishi Nissan. But the pathetic situation is most of the people can't recognize that they have being a victim of a marketing propaganda. Most of the mechanical components in Jap vehicles are made by same company although they are put together by companies like Toyota ,Nissan ,etc. (I don't think anyone would say that Toyota corolla is 100% build by Toyota from scratch). So mechanically there can't be big difference between them. Reliability, durability, etc are depends of how you use it.

And now you've paid for it. So the best thing is enjoy your ride and be wise in the next time when you’re buying a car.

Is this true ?

Thanks

You've miss the opportunity of buying a better car than you have bought for that price. The best thing is not to blindly follow the local market conditions. In SL Toyota and Honda are everything for most of people.

Out there, there are so many good vehicles like Mazda, Mitsubishi Nissan. But the pathetic situation is most of the people can't recognize that they have being a victim of a marketing propaganda. Most of the mechanical components in Jap vehicles are made by same company although they are put together by companies like Toyota ,Nissan ,etc. (I don't think anyone would say that Toyota corolla is 100% build by Toyota from scratch). So mechanically there can't be big difference between them. Reliability, durability, etc are depends of how you use it.

And now you've paid for it. So the best thing is enjoy your ride and be wise in the next time when you’re buying a car.

The market illution is the same all over the world !! Even here in dubai, an accident corolla will fetch the same price of a mint sunny.

Don't worry about what you payed, just enjoy the ride ! Just think that you will save on repairs on thsi good car. Maybe if you got another cheaper car you might have spent more on repairs.

I don’t know what to feel for SL motorists because in most countries there is a wide choice of new cars available for around $15K. Honestly I don’t know if there would be any adverse consequences to the society by letting SL people also buy cars at these prices. But I feel it is really unfair for SL to have such unrealistically high prices. I am sure most manufacturers wouldn’t be making the kind of profit SL traders or the government would be making by selling cars at those prices. If SL can do some thing to reflect the prices of cars in the rest of the world and sell fuel without any subsidies, I think it would be a fair deal. Without subsidies, fuel prices will go up to international rates. May be a special subsidiary can be given for vehicles in the transport sector. But rest of the motorists get cars at a more reasonable price and fuel at a higher price like in most other countries.

Honestly I feel subsidies and concessions are for either poor people and for disabled people whose disability prevents them from reaching their full economic potential to lead a normal life and for the older/senior generation who are no longer part of the economic work force of a country. Since every body is doing a dignified or undignified job of what ever sort to support themselves and their families/dependants etc, it is only fair if every body is treated equally unless some body is doing a special kind of a service without any financial gain to qualify for a concession etc.

I strongly believe in SL the entire population is paying taxes. There is no one who doesn’t pay taxes. Some people may be paying more taxes than the rest of the people, but every body including the homeless paupers pay taxes in every goods and services on a daily basis. So if there are any concessions given, it should be given to each and every person in the country or no body gets such discounts.

But unfortunately for people who live in SL, they will have to put up with this unfair system.