• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which Car Is Better

sanjeev

Hondas are always expensive compare to other Japanese cars in the same segment. They tend to hold the second hand value too in other countries (NZ, Aussi). Nissans must be the least expensive japanese car compare to Toyota, Mazda(in the same segment). Korean cars sells more in Australian market compare to Nissans because of their competitive price. One of my freind had a imported Nissan sunny decided not to buy a Nissan again.

BUT, Nissan petrol is higly recommended as a good 4WD next to Land Cruiser. There is a great demand for Nissan Skyline as a cult car (Under 30 people)

Hondas are always expensive compare to other Japanese cars in the same segment. They tend to hold the second hand value too in other countries (NZ, Aussi). Nissans must be the least expensive japanese car compare to Toyota, Mazda(in the same segment). Korean cars sells more in Australian market compare to Nissans because of their competitive price. One of my freind had a imported Nissan sunny decided not to buy a Nissan again.

BUT, Nissan petrol is higly recommended as a good 4WD next to Land Cruiser. There is a great demand for Nissan Skyline as a cult car (Under 30 people)

Thank you for generalising and comparing brands on a question specifically asking to compare two models.

FYI, its Nissan Patrol. Nissan doesn't make petrol, AFAIK.

And there is a good number of Skylines owned by over 30s. Specially the Sedans and the post V35 models. The cult car is the GT-R coupe models.

Edited by Pericles

Thank you for generalising and comparing brands on a question specifically asking to compare two models.

FYI, its Nissan Patrol. Nissan doesn't make petrol, AFAIK.

And there is a good number of Skylines owned by over 30s. Specially the Sedans and the post V35 models. The cult car is the GT-R coupe models.

is it just me, or is everyone anti-Nissan????? Whats wrong with you people? Its as if all cars except Nissans don't break down, or don't give trouble or have don't have great fuel economy!!!! Long before Honda Civics were screaming in with their Vtecs or Toyotas started on VVTis or whatever, Nissan was making waves in the High performance circuit!! Only Mazda can equal Nissan when it comes to some heavy duty street legal performance cars. Even Today the 350Z is a headache even to the Germans! The Skylines and the Primeras were burning tracks all over the world long before Honda or anyone else started anything serious!

Edited by VVTi

is it just me, or is everyone anti-Nissan????? Whats wrong with you people? Its as if all cars except Nissans don't break down, or don't give trouble or have don't have great fuel economy!!!! Long before Honda Civics were screaming in with their Vtecs or Toyotas started on VVTis or whatever, Nissan was making waves in the High performance circuit!! Only Mazda can equal Nissan when it comes to some heavy duty street legal performance cars. Even Today the 350Z is a headache even to the Germans! The Skylines and the Primeras were burning tracks all over the world long before Honda or anyone else started anything serious!

Also Nissan is famed for doing one important thing in Britain, which is with the introduction of the Datsun B210 they proved to everybody, that cards didn't necessarily have to break down all the time and fall apart, and lifted the expectations of the ordinary car buying public, forcing other manufacturers to up their standards and other who couldn't (like Rover) to slowly fade away. Nissan is also testament to the fact that volume care manufacturing car be done profitably in Britain with their plant in Sunderland achieving same productivity standards as their plants in Japan.

Above is just some out of many of Nissan's achievements.

Also Nissan is famed for doing one important thing in Britain, which is with the introduction of the Datsun B210 they proved to everybody, that cards didn't necessarily have to break down all the time and fall apart, and lifted the expectations of the ordinary car buying public, forcing other manufacturers to up their standards and other who couldn't (like Rover) to slowly fade away. Nissan is also testament to the fact that volume care manufacturing car be done profitably in Britain with their plant in Sunderland achieving same productivity standards as their plants in Japan.

Above is just some out of many of Nissan's achievements.

And also the Primera GT's they built in 96 - 99 were amongst the very best when it comes to handling, driving feel and reliability. The equipment they provided with that car was un-matchable for european rivals at the time.

Back to the original topic if I was in ur shoes I would go for the honda; provided that it has auto CVT box. Try to do some research on how to maintain the CVT gear box if u r going for that.

Cheers.

Nissan's are great cars. But unfortunately most of the people in SL have become a victims of Marketing. For them Toyota and Honda is the world. They are so stupid that they can't understand that actually most of the stuff like shocks, CV joints, engine parts, electronics etc are produced by couple of companies which caters to all of those automobile manufactures. So there's no much difference interims of reliability, break downs etc.

But there are some characteristic differences based on the segment the manufacturer targeting. For an example Honda mainly targets youth and little bit sportier segment. So these features reflect on their products.

Why I know these things is I'm an Automobile engineer who worked 5 years in Japan. 2 years in Toyota and 3 in Mitsubishi.

And of cause you can't experience 100% about what I'm saying because most of us buy recon cars. But truth is, in Japan the max lift time of a car is 5 years. Very really they use a car for 5 years bcoz most of them use a car around for 1 year, sell(mostly crushed) it and buy another one (vehicles are that cheap). So the manufacturers targets the life tome of cars around 5 years (Japs are really keen on cost cutting). So we in SL don't feel the real quality of a car. Even if we replace part's trust me there are some notable differences in domestic models and export models. Some of you may have notice that when you are purchasing some parts the dealer might asked that whether your vehicle is a recon one or a brand new one (Most of time this solved by part ID's).

That's why I said there is no big difference other than good marketing. This every thing is created by local dealers and our people.

So don't be fools.

Good Luck.

On which car is better, I'll not say, coz I'm not a fan of either. Neither suit my style, so "better" is not something I'll say. Anyway, parameters for "better" is something that only the person who is thinking can define. What is "Better"? Performance? Economy? Holding Value? Durability? Driving Exp? Prestige? Chick Magnet factor?

If you want to know why the dressed up City is more expensive, its probably coz its a newer car.

I would think that the Sunny is larger, however.

But truth is, in Japan the max lift time of a car is 5 years. Very really they use a car for 5 years bcoz most of them use a car around for 1 year, sell(mostly crushed) it and buy another one (vehicles are that cheap). So the manufacturers targets the life tome of cars around 5 years (Japs are really keen on cost cutting). So we in SL don't feel the real quality of a car. Even if we replace part's trust me there are some notable differences in domestic models and export models. Some of you may have notice that when you are purchasing some parts the dealer might asked that whether your vehicle is a recon one or a brand new one (Most of time this solved by part ID's).

That's why I said there is no big difference other than good marketing. This every thing is created by local dealers and our people.

So don't be fools.

Good Luck.

I agree that nissans (specially the models mentioned above) are very, very good cars. I've got no problem with the rest of the nissans either.

but according to your post slviper, all toyotas hondas and nissans are in equally good (or in the case of your post, bad). So why are you calling anybody a fool?

I agree that nissans (specially the models mentioned above) are very, very good cars. I've got no problem with the rest of the nissans either.

but according to your post slviper, all toyotas hondas and nissans are in equally good (or in the case of your post, bad). So why are you calling anybody a fool?

Because in SL people have created their own dreamy world thinking that those 2 brands are only exist in the world. Take a look at the local market. You'll see.

Because in SL people have created their own dreamy world thinking that those 2 brands are only exist in the world. Take a look at the local market. You'll see.

Interestingly 6 7 years ago, Honda fever hadn't hit Sri Lanka yet, though Nissan fever was certainly on a high, and you could get an EG 8 for less than a doctor sunny FB13 !

These trends change with the time I think, I think early sensor issues did a lot of damage to the Nissan brand in SL which in some ways it didn't deserve.

My previous post contained a rhetorical question my friend. I was merely inquiring as to why, when others stated very valid reasons for liking nissans, did you claim that all brands were equally deteriorated when they come to sri lanka, and still say nissan is better?

I must say though the N16 and the FIT are not comparable cars.

The FIT is a small hatch back while the N16 is a saloon, much more spare, bigger boot, and thus not as fuel efficient

Fit, less space. less bells and whistles, better fuel consumption

I must say though the N16 and the FIT are not comparable cars.

The FIT is a small hatch back while the N16 is a saloon, much more spare, bigger boot, and thus not as fuel efficient

Fit, less space. less bells and whistles, better fuel consumption

Thats not a fit man. Its a City badged as a fitaria.

Strange to see that Honda is marketed for the youth in SL. Here they are almost always driven by Pensioners or elderly who had the market hype "Reliable" sold to them. So for us here a Honda is almost always driven erratically on a Sunday afternoon at around half the prevaling speed limit by a flat capped Gent and his ever nagging old lady trying to do the Knitting and telling him to slow down even more-so the rest of us have to follow or carry out slightly dodgy overtaking manouveres to get anywhere at all. The nissans have been taken over by Renault of france and the product quality is slightly lacking. Mazda's we see here are fine even though they are owned by Ford as Ford Usa style build quality is poor.

Of the 3 cars I like the Mazda best as it's less common and has more chrachter. The nissans-No No! I am not quiet old enough for the Honda's!

Maithri

sanjev,

I have driven both models. Currently I daily drive a new city.

As I know city/fit aria has been out from 2003, so you get different YOM's in these two cars.

N16 is more comfortable than city on a bumpy road, and more stable at corners. Fit aria should give a better FC than N16 because of the cvt tranny. Good N16 may give 8/9 km/l, while fit aria gives 10/11 km/l for urban rides, people claim more but I doubt.

I just guess maintenance cost of Fit aria could be little higher than N16.

It's really hard to compare more than this. finally all depends on your personal taste. I suggest you do a test drive about 5 kms then you'll understand.

Nissan's are great cars. But unfortunately most of the people in SL have become a victims of Marketing. For them Toyota and Honda is the world. They are so stupid that they can't understand that actually most of the stuff like shocks, CV joints, engine parts, electronics etc are produced by couple of companies which caters to all of those automobile manufactures. So there's no much difference interims of reliability, break downs etc.

But there are some characteristic differences based on the segment the manufacturer targeting. For an example Honda mainly targets youth and little bit sportier segment. So these features reflect on their products.

Why I know these things is I'm an Automobile engineer who worked 5 years in Japan. 2 years in Toyota and 3 in Mitsubishi.

And of cause you can't experience 100% about what I'm saying because most of us buy recon cars. But truth is, in Japan the max lift time of a car is 5 years. Very really they use a car for 5 years bcoz most of them use a car around for 1 year, sell(mostly crushed) it and buy another one (vehicles are that cheap). So the manufacturers targets the life tome of cars around 5 years (Japs are really keen on cost cutting). So we in SL don't feel the real quality of a car. Even if we replace part's trust me there are some notable differences in domestic models and export models. Some of you may have notice that when you are purchasing some parts the dealer might asked that whether your vehicle is a recon one or a brand new one (Most of time this solved by part ID's).

So don't be fools.

Good Luck.

Are you saying lifespan of a jap car is only 5 years and its us conservative Sri Lankans who manage to make them run longer???

I’m not that much of an expert when it comes to car mechanics but I do believe functionality of parts like breaks and shocks depend on the chassis and how other bits and bobs are put together. So even though all the manufactures use OEM parts the overall design of the car determining how good the vehicle is as a whole. More knowledgeable members will be able to explain this a lot better.

Strange to see that Honda is marketed for the youth in SL.

maithri, who ever said this got it wrong. None of the agents in sri lanka cater to just a specific segment in the market. They’ll try to sell what ever they got to who ever come through their doors as long as they have enough dosh with them.

Just like Don said 6-7 years ago Hondas were only brought brand new by big company’s to be used by their executive. It’s these rice boys fueled by the fast n' the furious culture that catapult Honda to where they are now.

i think all car manufacturers are really trying to make thier cars more reliable. i daily drive a nissan patrol & i race hondas. i have owned mitsubishi's & toyota's & driven so mnay cars in my lifetime .... ups & downs in all of them. since im outside SL soils, i would even buy a mazda or even a skoda if i wanted to ... but in SL, ive seen a market that exists only in SL !!!

for example, my mum's 18th bday gift was a 11sri lancer wagon bought at a cost of 78,000rs ... the same car after 27+ years is being asked for 125,000rs in its rusted state. in which other country would this happen in?

if your not worried about resale, go with what you like. rather than what your neighbours/relations/community would like bro !!!

• 2 years later...
If your asking which is better? Depends on what your looking for really. the Fit would be the newer car for starters and there are several models available i.e. 1.5 vtec and 1.3 IDSI- which one are we talking about

Isn't there a model with 1.5 I-DSI, non CVT? How is the secondhand market of a 1.5 manual Fit Area? any suggestions please....

Are you saying lifespan of a jap car is only 5 years and its us conservative Sri Lankans who manage to make them run longer???

I’m not that much of an expert when it comes to car mechanics but I do believe functionality of parts like breaks and shocks depend on the chassis and how other bits and bobs are put together. So even though all the manufactures use OEM parts the overall design of the car determining how good the vehicle is as a whole. More knowledgeable members will be able to explain this a lot better.

think 5 years in japan is like only one year of driving here.. so its like brand new.. I drive a car that is 20 years old now... bought to SL as recon after 3 years of running in SL.. guess its how u maintain ur rides...

i like to know members opinion about comparing nissan sunny N16 2001 model with honda fitaria. i heard honda fitaria much expensive than a nissan sunny unregistered

pulsar-lx-plus.jpg

Vs

760334_2.jpg

fit area VS n16..i have driven both of them and currently own a fit area(1.3 idsi)..the main advantage you have in area is its fuel efficiency.my one does 12-13 in city and 15 above outstation.i should mention it all depends on the way you drive.usually i keep rpm @ 1.5. always under 2. n16's fuel consumption will be about 9 in city limits..by the way fit area's maintainance is little more costly than n16..but if you think you can cover it with less fuel cost,it wont be that an issue.but 1.3 area is kinda under powered. i have not driven V tec areas..anyways i also have heard that n16's which equipped with 1.3 engines are also underpowered(correct me if am wrong)..as one of our mate has mentioned n16 is more comfy on bumpy roads than area.after all N16 is a japanese ride mean while areas been assembled in thailand. reselling wont be a big issue for areas nowadays because i noticed many of them are disappearing from car sales withing 2/3 days..

Edited by Hiran690