• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Eg8

2F2F

go for a dual carb setup bro..thats the best way you can improve the performance and a well tuned dual carb would get you a bit more than 10KMLP in fuel consumtion but tuning it is a bit hard. Some of the people here may disagree but a stock dual carb EG would be faster than a stock VTEC...

Yeh.............Everythng is still in standard conditon.....I did a basic tune up recently........

the problem that i have experienced with single carb is that its a lil bit lazy at high end...if you have driven your car above 5000rpm then you'll understand what i am on about. I have experienced the similar problem with many single carb hondas..beyond 5000rpm the revs build up at a very slower speed compaired to a dual carb or a VTEC.

There are people who carryout various mods on single carb but whether they give satisfactory return is somewhat questionabe.. Well ofcourse you'll get a bit more power but you'll also be visiting fuel station more often..

Well according to my knowledge you have 3 options..

1. Go for a dual carb setup- for this finding parts would be a lil bit difficult.youll have to find a dual carb setup with the inlet manifold,Housing which holds the air filter element, the control box which has vacuum valves, the computer and some wire harnesses---this wouldnt cost as much as a VTEC swap

2. Go for a VTEC engine - this would cost you above RS.125,000

3. Collect some money, sell the car and buy a EG VTEC---this is the best option

Edited by GearHead

the problem that i have experienced with single carb is that its a lil bit lazy at high end...if you have driven your car above 5000rpm then you'll understand what i am on about. I have experienced the similar problem with many single carb hondas..beyond 5000rpm the revs build up at a very slower speed compaired to a dual carb or a VTEC.

There are people who carryout various mods on single carb but whether they give satisfactory return is somewhat questionabe.. Well ofcourse you'll get a bit more power but you'll also be visiting fuel station more often..

1. Go for a dual carb setup- for this finding parts would be a lil bit difficult.youll have to find a dual carb setup with the inlet manifold,Housing which holds the air filter element, the control box which has vacuum valves, the computer and some wire harnesses---this wouldnt cost as much as a VTEC swap

Did EG's came with genuine V TEC engines..........I guess most of EG's r converted locally right???

Thats why i said I GUESS MOST EG8'S.....

If you knew that, then why would you ask if eg's came with original vtec engines?

"MOST EG8's" implies that the majority of vtecs on the road have beEn subjected to conversion, which I highly doubt is the case, brother.

DUDE!!! where on earth would you get an idea like that? there are plenty of eg8's with original vtec layouts.

just clarify me one thing do these people no the basic 4 eg8 versions.....EX... MX..VTI & ETI... after that...i will explin the rest...jappa put these versions to make the identification clearly mates... :action-smiley-060:

hey guys lets not start an argument here over a small matter...

@2F2...well racersedge has given you info regarding the versions that are available in the market..

what you own now(the single carb) falls into the catergory of Ex..

MX is the dual carb version of the EG8

VTi is the VTEC and machang there are many genuine VTEC s available in the SL..well if you have any doubt you can always refer to the vehicle registration papers and check the whether the engine number on the engine block is same as the one on the documents.

ETi is the version that you should always avoid if you expect performance..ETi is the one with economy VTEC engine. The market value of this car is a less compaired to other and its somewhat harder to get rid of. There are several methods that you can identify this model. One is from the top engine cover which has VTEC-E written on it and second is from the gauges. Always be carefull bc some people change the engine top cover to a VTEC one and try to sell the car at a higher prices. If you go with someone who is really familiar with the model he would easily recognise whether its a VTEC-E or not without even looking at any of those that i have mentioned above.

If you are buying any honda model always go with someone who knows about them really well.

just clarify me one thing do these people no the basic 4 eg8 versions.....EX... MX..VTI & ETI... after that...i will explin the rest...jappa put these versions to make the identification clearly mates... :action-smiley-060:

Agreed. Think gearhead has given a pretty good description of the variants. And no worries g.h, no arguments in here :). 2f2f, i wasn't dising you bro. Don't get me wrong.

yeap i agree with gearhead....well looking at the eg8 v tec movement now...people search for eg8's (carb models) with 300 or plus numbers n do the trick of converitng to v tec cos its not profitable to change 18 or 19 models now..dont ever go 4 a vtec e cos..man that is shit...yep people change tappet cover,they change the small size throtle in it,n the single air bag n the rpm only up2 8 ext...but just by pulling power u can get the differance

If you knew that, then why would you ask if eg's came with original vtec engines?

"MOST EG8's" implies that the majority of vtecs on the road have beEn subjected to conversion, which I highly doubt is the case, brother.

Hey Arc...Thanks for givin me da info......... B) B) B)