• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Do High Priced Car Care Products Worth The Price?

Rajeev_j

There are car care products such as polish, wax, leather treatment, cleaners, some of them are 5 times or more expensive than the others.

Ex: natural Carnauba wax products costs 500/=, but some wax products come with prestigious brand name cost 2500/=

Is it worth paying more? Do they have extra something?

Not a real expert to comment on this but must express that a recently marketed product ( an internationally reputed brand) really caught me and returns money worth results.Expensive but amazing.I recall a thread we talked about this.Please find that.I mentioned the brand name there.

MINIACE

Not a real expert to comment on this but must express that a recently marketed product ( an internationally reputed brand) really caught me and returns money worth results.Expensive but amazing.I recall a thread we talked about this.Please find that.I mentioned the brand name there.

MINIACE

carwaxyk5.jpg

Like a Mirror :)

We can probably argue this case till the cows come home...

Some products where the general market leader is more than adequate...for eg. Tu*tle W*x.

but there is something to be said about the more expensive items as well. One of the true tests of a good wax (aside from a mirror finish, in my opinion) is the absence of the 'dry white' once the polish is done. So far, only 2 brands have met my expectation. Both are on the higher end of the price spectrum.

Apart from wax, there are tyre shines, alloy wheel cleaners i've found on supermarket shelves do a great job. I can't comment on the leather treatment products as yet...but i've seen some work done using "Three-Em" and it looks good to me...

Nothing beats researching on the internet to see whats out there...a lot of pistonhead forums have product reviews that can make or break a product...

Anyway I think some products are worth the price- specially the wax's- for instance the difference between Turtle and 3M is is just crazy with one getting caked up, dusty and being a general bitch to apply while lasting only a short time with the other being a joy to use with no ugly powder coming off with no marks and just a brilliant shine that lasts for months. Plus if your doing the waxing your self like me- you might as well spend on the best, if you like your car enough :)

But I dont believe is spending a premium on tire gloss, washing liquid or dash cleaner- just stick to the basic STP SunOGun

When it comes leather or interior fabric- I'd consider spending a bit more for safety sake.

mmmmm cool.... love the shine.....

I think I know the brand -

ahhhh was it the paste or liquid used ? Wats the best option in your view

Thanks in advance

Scratch X to Eliminate all the Swirl Marks and then Two Coats of Gold Class Liquid Wax. On any Black or Really Dark Surface It gives amazing Results.

I hope i am not going against a The Rules of the Forum Madz.

Scratch X to Eliminate all the Swirl Marks and then Two Coats of Gold Class Liquid Wax. On any Black or Really Dark Surface It gives amazing Results.

Hi Velocity,

Do you mind dropping me a mail with some info on the prices of the stuff you mentioned and where I can get my hands on some? [email protected]

thanks in advance.

Hi Velocity,

Do you mind dropping me a mail with some info on the prices of the stuff you mentioned and where I can get my hands on some? [email protected]

thanks in advance.

Yep i too whould like to know where you can buy those products! So i would really appreciate if you could drop me an e-mail as well :)

[email protected]

Thanks in advance! ;)

I'm sure madz will give you a discount on the advertisements. So why not advertise on AL? I'm sure there will be a lot of interested folks on AL apart from the crowd that already knows your product.

Thanks Velocity

what about a light color car ? metallic Silver

Does the Scratch X remove stains from tree sap as I got a few of those :angry: from the blasted tree which does not seem to go off no matter how hard I scrub it with the sponge.

I use turtle wash & wax to wash.

Edited by mazdaspeed