• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Land Rover Lrx Concept

Gummybr

I like the desingn of the LXR & hope it will run into production.

Btw is the deal finalised to sell off LR??

Mot yet. Probably 1st quarter of 08. Front runner is TATA :o ! If Tata wins the bid Fiat Group will get involved as well. They want the LR US dealer network to launch Alfa Romeo in the States. They also want the Jaguar platforms to develop RWD Alfas and Lancias again.

• 2 months later...

Land Rover gives the LRX Concept a new look for the 2008 Geneva Motor Show!

landroverlrxconceptgeneqi4.th.jpg

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Length: 4351 mm / 171.3 in

Width (excluding mirrors): 1895 mm / 74.6 in

Width (including mirrors): 2083 mm / 82.0 in

Height: 1535 mm / 60.4 in

Wheelbase: 2660 mm / 104.7 in

Engine (proposed): 2.0-litre turbodiesel

Fuel economy (potential): 60 mpg, 4.7 l/100 km (on European combined drive cycle)

CO2 emissions (potential): 120 g/km (on European combined drive cycle)

landroverlrxconceptgenenf6.th.jpg

landroverlrxconceptgenevc4.th.jpg

landroverlrxconceptgenefc3.th.jpg

landroverlrxconceptgenevl4.th.jpg

Wow LRX is getting hotter.

BTW anyone watch the episode of street customs-DTL,West Coast Customs making a replica of Stomer concept? Great work by the WCC team.

West Coast Customs goes global when it transforms a standard Range Rover into a never-before-built concept car, the "Range Stormer," for a member of the royal family in Dubai

MINIACE

they've actually gone n done up a proper working version of the LRX

check out the video!

http://www.autocar.co.uk/VideosWallpapers/...231655&CT=V

very futuristic but yet manages to retain some of the inherant Land Rover styling cues

I WANT ONE ! :)

One cool car! I wonder if TATA will be capable of maintaining this great image and design :unsure: .

One cool car! I wonder if TATA will be capable of maintaining this great image and design :unsure: .

i doubt TATA would go mess with a winning formula

as long as they allow Land Rover to operate as an autonomous unit, i don't think there will be any issue

but one thing is for sure, in the same way that Volvo's new C70 has ripped off Land Rover's Hill Decent Control , TATA is sure to "borrow" some of LR's techological innovations...

but at the end of the day , no matter who owns the marque , a Land Rover is always a Land Rover at heart and i doubt that image and good name will ever be sullied!

:)

Edited by Devinda_Z

as long as they allow Land Rover to operate as an autonomous unit, i don't think there will be any issue

but one thing is for sure, in the same way that Volvo's new C70 has ripped off Land Rover's Hill Decent Control , TATA is sure to "borrow" some of LR's techological innovations...

but at the end of the day , no matter who owns the marque , a Land Rover is always a Land Rover at heart and i doubt that image and good name will ever be sullied!

I read in somewhere where Mr. Tata says that he'll not mess with Land Rover,

Ratan Tata

Not Indianising

Sure technology will go to Tata, why shudnt they do it if BMW and Ford did??

Sure technology will go to Tata, why shudnt they do it if BMW and Ford did??

you right Gummybr - both BMW & Ford had vehicles that were in direct competition with Land Rover as well at the time...

Tata's product line is in a compleltey different segment so it wouldn't be of great consequence

If at all it'll do is help develop the Indian automotive industry , which isn't a bad thing at all ,seeing as most things from this part of asia is what will wind up in even greater number in Sri Lanka

• 2 months later...

....there was a lot of attention on a particular Pimp my Ride (or similar) episode where they worked on a Range Rover to build some Arab Sheik a Range Stormer right?

well the WEst Coast Customs creation is apparently now up for sale!

west-coast-customs-range-stormer-101.jpg

Price is said to be a whopping $ 450,000 :o

• 3 weeks later...

I think the land rover's future is in vain. every past owners has got what they want and throw it away. eg: BMW.

I think the land rover's future is in vain. every past owners has got what they want and throw it away. eg: BMW.

Very true. They've used her like a tart :D. But in Tata's case it's case of buying into the premium sector. So hopefully they'll treat her well and take this as a long term relationship ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

They're making it !

They're making it !

They're making it !

They're making it !

They're making it !

They're making it !

They're making it !

The Range Rover LRX is going into production – thanks to help of a £27million UK Government grant!

Range Rover LRX gets the green light

The Range Rover LRX is go, thanks to a £27 million grant from the UK Government. This will help go towards the £400million total cost of building Land Rover's hybrid-powered premium small off-roader first shown at last year’s Detroit Motor Show.

Work will start at the firm’s Halewood plant in Merseyside later this year with production starting in 2010. Our picture is the first official rendering of how the road going version will look. You can check out our drive of the LRX concept here.

The LRX will be Land Rover’s smallest, lightest and most efficient vehicle. Prices will start from around £30,000 and it will offer high levels of luxury plus full off-road capability thanks to Land Rover’s legendary all-wheel-drive technology.

As well as utilizing a range of lightweight materials to help boost economy the Range Rover LRX will also feature the firm’s new e-Terrain hybrid technology. This combines a highly efficient diesel engine with an electric motor, stop start technology and regenerative braking to deliver up to 60mpg and less than 120g/km of CO2.

Phil Popham, Managing Director of Land Rover, said: “Our engineering feasibility study has shown that we can very successfully deliver Range Rover levels of quality, drivability and breadth of performance in a more compact, more sustainable, package.”

He welcomed the UK Government's support for the project saying that it would form a key part of Land Rover’s future product plans.

“Despite the current economic challenges, we remain committed to investing for the future, to continue to deliver relevant vehicles for our customers, with the outstanding breadth of capability for which we are world-renowned," Popham said

Source : http://www.imotormag.co.uk/news/217326/ran...reen_light.html

They're making it !

They're making it !

They're making it !

They're making it !

They're making it !

They're making it !

They're making it !

The Range Rover LRX is going into production – thanks to help of a £27million UK Government grant!

Source : http://www.imotormag.co.uk/news/217326/ran...reen_light.html

im only interested in what the 2013 defender will look like :P

im only interested in what the 2013 defender will look like :P

i recall posting pictures of possible designs - some Blue & Red sketches of something which had similarieties to the Jeep Commander

this is an image of a Defender Concept that i hadn't noticed before newdefenderconcept.jpg

i recall posting pictures of possible designs - some Blue & Red sketches of something which had similarieties to the Jeep Commander

this is an image of a Defender Concept that i hadn't noticed before newdefenderconcept.jpg

thats not a defender concept. thats a ford bronco with range rover nose digitally grafted to it.

these were the old sketches...

112_0407_sketchpad02_z.jpg

112_0407_sketchpad01_L.jpg

the one in the post about looks rather more promising despite the fact that for some odd reason it seems to remind me of that Jeep concept which has 4 wheel steering.. :(

those drawings came out like a decade ago or something. i'm just worried they'll do something hideous to it :P

thats not a defender concept. thats a ford bronco with range rover nose digitally grafted to it.

those drawings came out like a decade ago or something. i'm just worried they'll do something hideous to it :P

more than likely - some "fan" must have come up with the idea back in the day not too long ago when the Blue oval owned the Green one... :mellow:

the sketched on the other hand are a tad old for sure - the Red drawing looks a smidge like the old Daihatsu Fourtrak/Rocky doesn't it?

more than likely - some "fan" must have come up with the idea back in the day not too long ago when the Blue oval owned the Green one... :mellow:

the sketched on the other hand are a tad old for sure - the Red drawing looks a smidge like the old Daihatsu Fourtrak/Rocky doesn't it?

it sure does. wasnt it on autocar that these sketches first appeared? they come up with awful sketches sometimes. either way the next defender wont look anything like these 2

machang thts a Ford Bronco concept with disco lights added.