• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Starlet Over The March

carnuwan1

hi you all

happy new year to you all

my cousin who is a junior doctor is looking in to buy his first car :jumping-smiley-013:

with the 35,000 per month salary what will be the best car for him in the price range of 10to 13 with high fuel efficacy out of the starlet and the march :unsure:

what about a corolla 110 or 100 :blink:

thanks guys :rolleyes:

Hi ,

I'm not a expert about vehicles :action-smiley-060: but I knw bit about March since I used to drove one.

March- Maximum 8-9KM/L in City limits. Out station I haven't really checked.Very comfortable comparing to Starlet,Cheaper than the starlet , have lower resell value comparing to Starlet since it's Nissan.

This is just my perception, March will be ideal for a Doctor comparing to Starlet coz it's give you a sort of a professional look.(But if you can go for Starlet reflect, it also good option for a Doctor)

Rgds,

DCL

The March 1300cc manual does about 12km/L but the 1000cc is very bad on fuel. The only starlet I've driven is a GT which has a bit of a stiff ride, no idea to comment on fuel economy of the GT.

Both Starlet & March will not give the comfort of a sedan since they light weight & have a short wheel base. The AE100 is decent car overall, I like the design of it more than the 110. You should be able to get a AE100 G-grade for 1.1m or less.

Even the Marino is a good buy.

Starlet has a better resell value over March. March is more comfortable than starlet and you can get fairly new better looking March for that price. Starlet is more fuel efficient car than March. (Assuming car is in good condition). Apart from that most other things including maintain cost are the same.

About AE100 & AE 110

It is difficult to compare sedan with a hatchback. Both AE110 and 100 are very good cars. Fuel efficient, Low maintains cost, comfortable.

The price of AE110 is around 1.5 – 1.7. There are cars less than that but be careful about the condition.

AE100 is within your price range.

One other thing you have to remember when we buy a pre owned car sometimes you have to replace timing belt, engine oil, gear oil, tires etc.. and do wheel alignment etc .So calculate your total spending with that.

Selection from Starlet and March obviously Starlet is a reliable car on every aspect of it.

If he is a Nissan lover FB 14 or a Pulser would do a decent job.(can buy within the given budget)

Since he is a junior Doctor why not start with a Doctor Sunny Anv model. A good car :rolleyes:

The March 1300cc manual does about 12km/L but the 1000cc is very bad on fuel. The only starlet I've driven is a GT which has a bit of a stiff ride, no idea to comment on fuel economy of the GT.

Both Starlet & March will not give the comfort of a sedan since they light weight & have a short wheel base. The AE100 is decent car overall, I like the design of it more than the 110. You should be able to get a AE100 G-grade for 1.1m or less.

Even the Marino is a good buy.

Agreed

Having used both the March and Starlet on a regular basis, I can say that the March is a lot better to drive. The ride comfort and handling was better than the Starlet. The March engine sounded a lot better when revved up too. The March was a 1.3 Auto and the Starlet was a 2 door manual. The Starlet was slightly better on fuel but then again it was a manual.

Well I don't see that Many Starlets on the streets nowadays and its a stopped product as far as I know. Well the March Continues. Why not go for a vitz if the buget allows

For the budget of 1 to 1.3mil the best Jap hatches I can think are the March & the Starlet, the Vitz will be more.

HI !

Buying a car is easy, running and maintaining it is no easy job.That needs $$$$.A person of a 35K salary needs to run and maintain the car without hampering his or her routine expenditures.This simple point is forgotton by many,

I have friends bought hard to reach/maintain cars ,way off their budget ,ended up with many serious impediments.

Advice your friend about this.I guess Toyotas are easy to maintain and good on fuel as well.

MINIACE

HI !

Buying a car is easy, running and maintaining it is no easy job.That needs $$$$.A person of a 35K salary needs to run and maintain the car without hampering his or her routine expenditures.This simple point is forgotton by many,

I have friends bought hard to reach/maintain cars ,way off their budget ,ended up with many serious impediments.

Advice your friend about this.I guess Toyotas are easy to maintain and good on fuel as well.

MINIACE

Best comment on the thread IMHO :)

properly maintaining a car and attending to routine repairs is gonna be tough with that monthly budget since this guy do need to have some moolah to spend on other important things in life as well

Best comment on the thread IMHO :)

properly maintaining a car and attending to routine repairs is gonna be tough with that monthly budget since this guy do need to have some moolah to spend on other important things in life as well

Agree, Further my advice for the Doctor fellow to stick to an Indian made model untill he start his own successful private practice.

MINIACE

thanks for the advices guys :jumping-smiley-013:

specially with the economy things he has his eye for a corolla ae100 thats going for 10.85 million from a neighbour

however he says that his total income per moth comes to about 50k

so i guess he will manage the budget on buying and maintaining

but roughly how much will it cost with about 30 km per day running on a manual petrol

any comments on that will be valued :rolleyes:?

Well considering the marvelous economy of our dear country and how petrol cost skyrocket the frank choice for anybody is good consumption. No point going in a car showboating if it only does 8kmpl and you cant afford it. The older models and the newest VVTis are good. Earlier I had a mazda bha3p it did 9kmpl 1997 model 1.3 auto with 85hp. Now I am cruising on a Starlet GT. Awesome car. Bit of a rough ride though. But if you r willing to sacrifice a little on comfort u get hell of a lot. Like more power, more accelaration..and to tell you superb brakes and finally very efficient. Mine does 12kmpl in city. and 15kmpl out. Take that...

• 3 weeks later...
Well considering the marvelous economy of our dear country and how petrol cost skyrocket the frank choice for anybody is good consumption. No point going in a car showboating if it only does 8kmpl and you cant afford it. The older models and the newest VVTis are good. Earlier I had a mazda bha3p it did 9kmpl 1997 model 1.3 auto with 85hp. Now I am cruising on a Starlet GT. Awesome car. Bit of a rough ride though. But if you r willing to sacrifice a little on comfort u get hell of a lot. Like more power, more accelaration..and to tell you superb brakes and finally very efficient. Mine does 12kmpl in city. and 15kmpl out. Take that...

thanks priya for the infor

was sick couldnt even get out of bed

what about a soluna or a tercel or even a plats

any ideas on the maintaince economy and fuel

thanks bro

mmm. hav any one noticed abt the sensor failiors in nissan marchs..to me its a competition car..cos now they run an one make event on it too..i cant feel much differeance on comfort on march over starlet..but fuel is really cool on starlet n even ae100,marino,ceres ext ..hav used all that models n however cynos do more fuel. 14kml easyly cos much liter body n good looks too

i also agree with what miniace has commented..also honda city is a good car ith good fuel

well no big issue on stopping starlet model they hav intrdused vitz n now passo so it goes on.. even thrs lot of diff in marche's k10, k11 n k12

Edited by RACERSEDGE