• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Info - Power Windows

lasa

Question

Guys,

My wagon is a basic model(Toyota DX wagon- ce 106) without any power options(central locking & power windows). So can i know whether there's a way to fix power windows funtions without replacing doors to existing doors? If so how much will it cost?

Thx

Edited by lasa

10 answers to this question

Guys,

My wagon is a basic model(Toyota DX wagon- ce 106) without any power options(central locking & power windows). So can i know whether there's a way to fix power windows funtions without replacing doors to existing doors? If so how much will it cost?

Thx

Best way is replacing with power doors. Your car value also will go down because of your modification is not original. Also power doors cheaper than modification of existing doors.

Guys,

Thx

don't think you can fix that without replacing the doors since the mechanisms and their placements etc are different.

no idea about the costs for your model

Guys,

Thx

I heard that sun lanka dose power window s to non power door s but don t know whether it will fit you car or not!! like the other guys said putting the complete power door is best option!!

Best way is replacing with power doors. Your car value also will go down because of your modification is not original. Also power doors cheaper than modification of existing doors.

Thx for info. My worrying factor is when we replace doors even though doors are cheaper, it'll cost more since they need to be painted with car color(some one told me that i have to paint whole car :unsure: ).

Edited by lasa

don't think you can fix that without replacing the doors since the mechanisms and their placements etc are different.

no idea about the costs for your model

Actually you can... We had a Lancer box (20+ yrs back) and my farther fixed a power unit without replacing the whole door. At that time there were not so many power windows around, other than luxury cars.

Actually the power window unit can be inserted without much trouble if your doors provide those slots to fix the unit in.. I mean most of the models has a full option version with power windows so the doors comes with the facility to install the unit..

Try calling this number.. 0714245873.. Cant remember his name but this guy lives in Thalwathugoda and he is a window winder expert.. Once i took my car there and he was telling me the power window unit won`t cost much and that it can be installed easily if the slots are there in the window.. :)

Actually the power window unit can be inserted without much trouble if your doors provide those slots to fix the unit in.. I mean most of the models has a full option version with power windows so the doors comes with the facility to install the unit..

Try calling this number.. 0714245873.. Cant remember his name but this guy lives in Thalwathugoda and he is a window winder expert.. Once i took my car there and he was telling me the power window unit won`t cost much and that it can be installed easily if the slots are there in the window.. :)

Thx machang, but when i try it says no. is not connected. You have any other infor on the guy?

Edited by lasa

Thx for info. My worrying factor is when we replace doors even though doors are cheaper, it'll cost more since they need to be painted with car color(some one told me that i have to paint whole car :unsure: ).

I have an idea lasa which might work.

Now this will be quite labour intensive but it will save you having to repaint the doors. You should be able to purchase 4 power doors and swap the manual mechanism and upholstry from the power door to your manual door and the other way round as well. This way you will end up with 2 sets of usable doors, one set power and the other set manual, and provided you came to some agreement with the seller to repurchase the manuals at a lesser price then you won't even have the problem of being left with 4 doors you do not need.

Power doors and manual doors are exactly the same as far as I know just with different mechanisms fitted in. they both have all the screw holes etc necessary to accept either mechanisms.

You might also have to swap over the glasses if they are different, but this will still be cheaper than painting.

OR if you are lucky you will find a set of power doors in the same colour.

The story of power mirrors is the same except you might have to find the switch too, if the switch is not in one of the power doors. The wires should be present ready for connecting and the holes where the wires go simply blanked out.

I have an idea lasa which might work.

Now this will be quite labour intensive but it will save you having to repaint the doors. You should be able to purchase 4 power doors and swap the manual mechanism and upholstry from the power door to your manual door and the other way round as well. This way you will end up with 2 sets of usable doors, one set power and the other set manual, and provided you came to some agreement with the seller to repurchase the manuals at a lesser price then you won't even have the problem of being left with 4 doors you do not need.

Power doors and manual doors are exactly the same as far as I know just with different mechanisms fitted in. they both have all the screw holes etc necessary to accept either mechanisms.

You might also have to swap over the glasses if they are different, but this will still be cheaper than painting.

OR if you are lucky you will find a set of power doors in the same colour.

The story of power mirrors is the same except you might have to find the switch too, if the switch is not in one of the power doors. The wires should be present ready for connecting and the holes where the wires go simply blanked out.

Hmm…….Good idea.

Thx machang, but when i try it says no. is not connected. You have any other infor on the guy?

shit, i got this about a year ago so guy must have changed the number now mahcan..

I can give you directions,

* when u r cmin towards Thalawathugoda junction from palawatta, u have to turn right from the round about.

* there`ll be a shopping mall called "Capital Mall" about 200m ahead from the round about.

* Pass the shopping mall and as i can remember its the first road to the left.

* go straight ahead in this by road (about 400m) and u`ll be able to find the place.

* There are some three wheelers parked at the start of the by-road, ask them about the "winder" place they`ll be able to help you out with directions..

This guy actually makes winders and provide them to shops at Darly road..

He was telling me that it`s really simple to install the power shutter unit and all you need to do is to get the wiring done properly..

Ps: I`ve heard that Sun Lanka at Darly road also do power window conversions (without replacing the door).. about an year back they have quoted 25k for all 4 doors..