• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Club

pradfred

I've been seeing a pretty nice looking FC in a car sale on the way to work. Black. Looks pretty good from a distance :D

unfortunately that's about all it looks good from.... car is definitely a project vehicle and needs quite a bit of work to get to decent state.

unfortunately that's about all it looks good from.... car is definitely a project vehicle and needs quite a bit of work to get to decent state.

If i recall the car correctly, the asking price was on the fairly low side.... noticed that the interior resembled the aftermath of a plane crash..... what else is wrong with it fuzzo?

it's running a non rotary engine... i think it's got a van engine for starters. i dont know if this "conversion" was a straight fit. so if you want to go rotary again, you will probably have some work there as well...ofcourse it doesn't start either :)

the interior definitely needs a ton of help and finding many of the little things that are missing will drive anyone nuts.

they were asking for 900k but the guy told me that someone had offered 500K and he didn't give it and asked me to offer. i told him that I really couldn't offer and walked away.

it's running a non rotary engine... i think it's got a van engine for starters. i dont know if this "conversion" was a straight fit. so if you want to go rotary again, you will probably have some work there as well...ofcourse it doesn't start either :)

the interior definitely needs a ton of help and finding many of the little things that are missing will drive anyone nuts.

they were asking for 900k but the guy told me that someone had offered 500K and he didn't give it and asked me to offer. i told him that I really couldn't offer and walked away.

This Van engine concept appears to be an epidemic among the RX-7's doesnt it? there was a Red FD with a rather nice veilside-alike Bodykit that was for sale some time back, and when i called the bloke, he said that it had a 1.8L 4 pot from a Mazda Bongo.... as that apparently was one of the few engines that would fit..

Very Sad, but i guess there are people who dont really care about the way cars should be, and simply want 'em to run.....

I went past that way this afternoon and did not even get off the car as from across the road I could see that the front end was not straight.

And anyway I prefer to get a Series 1 (FB?) if at all. Don't like this model that much.

Hi all,

So its a go then ?

At Alcatraz on Saturday the 16th, from 4 PM onwards . ?

ALL OK?

Mazdas and Fords of all ages and all models are welcome.

Can everyone wear their names and the Autolanka names on thier shirts?

So that us new guys can identify and greet.

someone needs to bring a Camera - probably Madz huh ? - his passion for pictures knows no bounds.....

cheers

Pradeep

Helloooo.... someone, anyone...

Can u pls give directions to the meeting place...?? (Alcatraz)

Thanks.

This Van engine concept appears to be an epidemic among the RX-7's doesnt it? there was a Red FD with a rather nice veilside-alike Bodykit that was for sale some time back, and when i called the bloke, he said that it had a 1.8L 4 pot from a Mazda Bongo.... as that apparently was one of the few engines that would fit..

Very Sad, but i guess there are people who dont really care about the way cars should be, and simply want 'em to run.....

well to be fair by the users, the rotary engine isn't the most reliable and the van swap seems to be the only way people can get their cars to run somewhat reliably.

Hey Bugatti,

Alcatraz is the Tarmac area opposite the Parliament grounds . Follow all the cops and you will find it :violent-smiley-030:

We need to evaluate this guys as the security around there is not funny anymore.....

Shall we take a rain check ( sic) and have it towards the end of de month? 24th ish? :unsure:

What say you all?

Hey GT Am: you mean there are vandals putting Van engines into Rx7s ?

what happens to the Rotary power plant? Lets grab one and do a dune buggy style number..... :rolleyes:

My Mx 3 is raining inside - sunroof is leaking :angry-smiley-048: oh well. love the little thingy anyway....

Thanks pradfred..!

I know where that is.. but what's with the name..? :blink:

Anyways, isn't it a bit dicey meeting there, considering the current security situ. These stupid cops are sure to show up and snoop around..

How about the location we had the Modifies fest last year, it's somewhat close to parliament grounds ne?

Edited by Bugatti

My Mx 3 is raining inside - sunroof is leaking :angry-smiley-048: oh well. love the little thingy anyway....

Same in my Interplay. The frakin sunroof has a mind of its own. It opens anytime when I want to but, closes only when it wants to. :action-smiley-060:

If water drips only when barkes r applied try cleaning the drain pipes with an iron wire. It sorted out mine.

I'm goin lil off topic here but what the hell.

Thanks pradfred..!

I know where that is.. but what's with the name..? :blink:

Anyways, isn't it a bit dicey meeting there, considering the current security situ. These stupid cops are sure to show up and snoop around..

How about the location we had the Modifies fest last year, it's somewhat close to parliament grounds ne?

He he.. that name came out of a fast food joint that was there some time back dude.. :)

The place that Modified fest was held, I think you have to book the place first and its not freely available as the car park (Alcatraz..)

I go there almost every weekend but security checks i dont think will be an issue coz there is quite a crowd there on weekends.. But if you are thinking about a security risk, yes, It can be an issue coz it is a very much public place.. :(

That ground I think is called Buddadasa Grounds.

Better for us as no issues with Coppers. :angry-smiley-024:

But apparently a Mud Hole now with the rains :unsure:

Can take my Landie :rolleyes:

Actually the Modfest was held at the AMRC dome, which is basically flat tarmac, It's located Behind the buddadasa stadium

Oh Jesus,

what a low down thing to do to such a nice car.

Why coudnt the sorry bas**** just sell it and buy a Van?

Is there any way the original engine survived? maybe we can do it up as Mazda Club car :rolleyes:

he he we all put cash and do a "Pimp my Ride " number - west coast style? :angry-smiley-048:

tell the seller to keep the Diesel engine and sell us only the shell ....... :mellow: and we'll drop the new RX 8 motor into her ......

We can even get sponsors ..... :action-smiley-033: