• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bmw Owners Clubs In Sri Lanka ?

pathola 1

well, how many km have you run in the past year? My running is quite low so I can't imagine doing a clean up 3 times a year :)

Actually leaving the car in one place also contribute to the fouling of the injectors.. The petrol quality in SL is questionable and hence a lot of impurities settle down when the fuel is static. It will help to keep the car moving as much as you can.

Actually leaving the car in one place also contribute to the fouling of the injectors.. The petrol quality in SL is questionable and hence a lot of impurities settle down when the fuel is static. It will help to keep the car moving as much as you can.

well, it would run every day (at least, work days) just not for big distances. maybe ~8000 km/year.

well, it would run every day (at least, work days) just not for big distances. maybe ~8000 km/year.

That's not that bad. Not ideal, but not bad. But once in a while at least every 2 months you need to give it a good run, mate. I ensure I take mine out of Colombo at least once a month for a good 250Km+ round trip.

I was thinking it now high time for me to do next tune up and clean with Wurth fuel system cleaner. Is it bad thing to do compare to not doing any thing at all?

It depends, what prompted me to do it was the fluttering RPM needle and the slight hesitation. Also MadMMX heads-up about a place to do the cleanup properly more or less cemented the decision.

Edited by VVTi

That's not that bad. Not ideal, but not bad. But once in a while at least every 2 months you need to give it a good run, mate. I ensure I take mine out of Colombo at least once a month for a good 250Km+ round trip.

I can see this going down well with my wife... "let's go to galle next month"

"why?"

"the car needs it" :violent-smiley-099:

(And I don't think the alternative of going without the wife is going to be any better!!!)

I can see this going down well with my wife... "let's go to galle next month"

"why?"

"the car needs it" :violent-smiley-099:

(And I don't think the alternative of going without the wife is going to be any better!!!)

Ah... I am blessed with a Petrol-head as a wife, mate. Worse than me. :rolleyes:

Hey thanx Rukster - you did it at Pre***e ?

Not a bad price and the results sound pretty impressive.

Yeah I did it at Pres**** yesterday and it was just a half day job. Went there at 8.30 was done by around noon. Its well worth it and the service was great ! Best part was that I was able to stay near the car and see them attend to the whole cleanup.... just like at the experts place.

Cheers

QUOTE (Rukster @ Aug 17 2010, 11:08 AM) *

I started a club on FB sometime back and there are ~100 odd members now. Feel free to join everyone !

Nope. He is on the BMW group on FB though.

yeah...since he and the other guy are the co creators of that page i thought you'd be one of them

Went for a couple of runs around town with the 'unofficial' club.

Just can't keep up with the E34s ;)

What are they running inside? Can't be the stock engines? I hear a whine whenever the black one goes past, makes me think if he Supercharged it.

What are they running inside? Can't be the stock engines? I hear a whine whenever the black one goes past, makes me think if he Supercharged it.

Both are running 2.5 Liter Vanos Equipped sixes AFAIK. With a few upgrades.