• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Details!

noaim

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7.8 mil as per andrews earlier post

Fuzzo ,

WoW, 7.8 mill… :D .If we are compare with Sti8 price…The price is Ok….For my understanding….What do u think… :D ..(Recon Right)

WoW, 7.8 mill…i hate sri lankan government…. this shitty tax ripping sri lankans all over….they are charging high tax and the poor country is still the same….F*****…. Over here we can buy WRX Sti 9 220 or 230 Hp can’t remember…. CN$ 33000 brand new and the WRX Sti 9 Spec C 300Hp CN$ 48000 Brand new fully loaded ……i feel really sorry for our poor sri lankans and the funniest part is in the sates price is cheaper than here….. for $78000 I can buy a brand new doge viper….in us….

WoW, 7.8 mill…i hate sri lankan government…. this shitty tax ripping sri lankans all over….they are charging high tax and the poor country is still the same….F*****…. Over here we can buy WRX Sti 9 220 or 230 Hp can’t remember…. CN$ 33000 brand new and the WRX Sti 9 Spec C 300Hp CN$ 48000 Brand new fully loaded ……i feel really sorry for our poor sri lankans and the funniest part is in the sates price is cheaper than here….. for $78000 I can buy a brand new doge viper….in us….

the real issue is that the govt know that there are people who can afford such cars. thats why they have such high taxes.

the real issue is that the govt know that there are people who can afford such cars. thats why they have such high taxes.

:rolleyes: no machan, i don’t think so… look at here…. if somebody wants to buy a car or suv they have various verities cording to the pocket….so in that way most of the people can buy a car over here…. i mean poor to middle class….but look at our country…..don’t you feel sorry for our people…..we do have tax too…but the country is take them from us and they are spending every single penny to develop the country….& at the end of the year they are paying us back some amount of the tax we paid for the government…..like our country… ha…ha.. kidding …no guy …seriously i feel really sorry for our people …. and the beauty of this country is every bodies equal to the government over here…….. it’s ok S/L government hit high volume of tax against Japanese or other supper cars …but where is that money going? ….once you go out from the Colombo look at the way people suffering….i think this is not fair at all…….who’s responsible for this? i don’t think any body care….NO BODY!..........

Look at these brand new vehicle prices …… in sri lanka we need 7.8 mil “that means 78 thousand freaking US$” for a second hand WRX…..if you have that much money over here look what u can buy……

17xf4.jpg

22qs1.jpg

37iw.jpg

43sf.jpg

56kx.jpg

62uu2.jpg

77yj.jpg

89ml1.jpg

92cb.jpg

101os.jpg

Well one main reason for high taxes on vehicles is that, it is one of the main sources of revenue

to the government , apart from tourism and other export revenues. In developed countries infact all

or most businessmens pay the correct amount of income tax and the law is very strict on this. In Sri lanka, does anyone or everyone pay the correct amount of income tax?? i don;t think so. Therefore it is an indirect way by the government to collect these taxes, but however i do not know in whose pockets does this money end up in but it has been the only possible way for the govt. to do so since most businessmen's in sri lanka are very clever in hiding their actual profits and losses leaving no traces for the income tax officers to find.

Well one main reason for high taxes on vehicles is that, it is one of the main sources of revenue

to the government , apart from tourism and other export revenues. In developed countries infact all

or most businessmens pay the correct amount of income tax and the law is very strict on this. In Sri lanka, does anyone or everyone pay the correct amount of income tax?? i don;t think so. Therefore it is an indirect way by the government to collect these taxes, but however i do not know in whose pockets does this money end up in but it has been the only possible way for the govt. to do so since most businessmen's in sri lanka are very clever in hiding their actual profits and losses leaving no traces for the income tax officers to find.

Incompetence among govt employees (ie income tax officers) is no excuse to take it out on the rest of us.

oh man!

Dilon, those cars in the us seem so dam cheap! and considering the income of people here and in the US, even the Viper isnt too far out of reach for a person... and that mustang! i'm like come on!!!!! you cant buy a decent re-con toyoto corolla for that price!!

ya taxation is quite a debatable issue, i remember went into this with the H2s and the new S-Classes.. as much as i would hate it when it comes to me buying a nice fancy car someday, i think taxation is necessary. else sri lanka would be sending out a whole lot of currency no items that depreciate its value easily.. i remember when we were buying out jeep. i once went to the habour, and when you see all those vehicles there, you say to yourself "thats one expensice parking lot" and they have this notice board with the names of the transport ships and the number of vehicles that come in on those, and everything is in their hundreds..

thats where the permits come on... when a average person wants to buy a vehicle (at least government workers) they get a permit every 5 years or so...

still, i do agree with dillon too.... why tax people so much.. or then again the gvmnt can bring in a restriction saying one person/family can own only 1 car... now isnt that even more unfair...

This kind of extreme taxation leads to further long term problems. Even a basic sedan like Civic/Corolla costs so much there and this tax jacked up price has to be recovered from the buyer when those are sold down the line after some years of usage. Eventually poor buyer reaches out with everything he has to buy an age old car which is considered junk in these countries.

By the time it reaches this level all emmission controls, ocupant safety systems has died down and bypassed etc. Those become enviromentaly disasterous and unsafe to passengers and pedestrians.

So this itself leads to huge levels of pollution, serious occupant injuries and traffic jams too.

Just the oil leaks from those dinosours is enough to poison drinking water supply.

But still nobody wants to junk their cars because they have that initial tax loaded on the car and 15yr old car still has a big price tag.

Good luck finding a solution to this.

oh man!

thats where the permits come on... when a average person wants to buy a vehicle (at least government workers) they get a permit every 5 years or so...

still, i do agree with dillon too.... why tax people so much.. or then again the gvmnt can bring in a restriction saying one person/family can own only 1 car... now isnt that even more unfair...

Public sector employees get all the percs for NOT doing their jobs properly (way to go morons :D ), while we at the private sector have to put up with taxes for even the meagre bonuses we get once in a while apart from the tax on salaries, ATM withdrwals, mobile phone bills etc, etc, etc...

Trust me I'm a capitalist and believe in Taxation, but everyone has to contribute and those who pay their taxes honestly need to be rewarded whenever possible for their contribution to the economy. How about car permits to the private sector employees who pay above Rs. X,XXX/= amount in taxes per month ??? Dammit, we are also monthly wage earners, not a bunch of rich businessmen, for crying out loud :D

The businessemen who cheat on taxes are nothing more than common criminals, who should get their assets ceased and put in jail next to a bigass thug, to be his girlfriend for the next 5 to 10 years :D !!!!

Public sector employees get all the percs for NOT doing their jobs properly (way to go morons :D ), while we at the private sector have to put up with taxes for even the meagre bonuses we get once in a while apart from the tax on salaries, ATM withdrwals, mobile phone bills etc, etc, etc...

Trust me I'm a capitalist and believe in Taxation, but everyone has to contribute and those who pay their taxes honestly need to be rewarded whenever possible for their contribution to the economy. How about car permits to the private sector employees who pay above Rs. X,XXX/= amount in taxes per month ??? Dammit, we are also monthly wage earners, not a bunch of rich businessmen, for crying out loud :D

The businessemen who cheat on taxes are nothing more than common criminals, who should get their assets ceased and put in jail next to a bigass thug, to be his girlfriend for the next 5 to 10 years :D !!!!

At the risk of postwhoreing....

Amen!

but then u get the occasional common criminal who dsnt necessarily deserv to go to jail...like farzan :D

but then u get the occasional common criminal who dsnt necessarily deserv to go to jail...like farzan :D

i dont how legal it is to fix a 1500cc engine in japan to Sti 8 and bring down over here and ship the engine later,

what do you think guys.

:D just a idea.

WoW, 7.8 mill…i hate sri lankan government…. this shitty tax ripping sri lankans all over….they are charging high tax and the poor country is still the same….F*****…. Over here we can buy WRX Sti 9 220 or 230 Hp can't remember…. CN$ 33000 brand new and the WRX Sti 9 Spec C 300Hp CN$ 48000 Brand new fully loaded ……i feel really sorry for our poor sri lankans and the funniest part is in the sates price is cheaper than here….. for $78000 I can buy a brand new doge viper….in us….

Cant we come there ??????? He He He !!!!! >> :D

i dont how legal it is to fix a 1500cc engine in japan to Sti 8 and bring down over here and ship the engine later,

what do you think guys.

:action-smiley-060: just a idea.

as far as i know agent have to give a valuation of the vehicle according to that only they calculate the tax. so the agent will be able to spot the swap. best option is to bring down a impreza and then convert it into a wrx just like what nirosh did.

monamonu whats with the 119?

as far as i know agent have to give a valuation of the vehicle according to that only they calculate the tax. so the agent will be able to spot the swap. best option is to bring down a impreza and then convert it into a wrx just like what nirosh did.

do the agents individually check each vehicle you bring in? i dont hink so right... so cant u just bring in an STi as a standard impreza (maybe even with a normal imprezza bumper and change it back later) and get taxed at the impreza rate?

it always sounded like a good idea... but how is it practically?

do the agents individually check each vehicle you bring in? i dont hink so right... so cant u just bring in an STi as a standard impreza (maybe even with a normal imprezza bumper and change it back later) and get taxed at the impreza rate?

it always sounded like a good idea... but how is it practically?

Its not by appearence, the customs charge tax on cars.. its according to the Chassis code.

For e.g. Subaru WRX has the chassis code GDA-XXXXXX and STI is GDB-XXXXXX

therefore the duty values are different to the different chassis codes. So appearence doesn;t effect the duty..

Its not by appearence, the customs charge tax on cars.. its according to the Chassis code.

therefore the duty values are different to the different chassis codes. So appearence doesn;t effect the duty..

wow!

i didnt know that!! gee! thanks for the info!

but there are ways to get around this chassis issue as well.. there are some evo's that have been imported as cedia.. very low taxes etc... :wacko:

thanks machan :music-smiley-012:

don't put it past anyone machan.. i'm sure it has already been done :blink:

but there are ways to get around this chassis issue as well.. there are some evo's that have been imported as cedia.. very low taxes etc... :D

Hmm.. are u talking abt the one they had in Speed Auto Traders in Kohuwela... If it is that then

that car was externally modified as an evo and also the interior dash board was changed..

but the engine and chassis's are the same of the cedia.. since the Japanese vehicle registration card also says cedia with the cedia chassis no. CS2A - XXXXX, the customs would charge the duty for a cedia even though it luks like an evo..