• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Land Rover

Avartar

Then they also say if a vehicle can carry more than 1000kgs its classified as a truck by SL Customs. So I presume its why this falls under the truck category.

hmmmm.... didn't know about the 1000Kg parameter.

The definition of truck in SL is very confusing, we bought down a single cab paid the single cab duty and then it was registered as a truck.

just out of curiosity what did you guys bring down?

i knew of an incident where a small truck was charged single cab duty. the importer actually sued the customs and got a refund but the court case took almost a year. it was worth is as the duty difference was almost a 0.5mill and that was back in early 2000

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just out of curiosity what did you guys bring down?

i knew of an incident where a small truck was charged single cab duty. the importer actually sued the customs and got a refund but the court case took almost a year. it was worth is as the duty difference was almost a 0.5mill and that was back in early 2000

It was a Chinese make, infact the only one in the country, now used by our workshop to do all the dirty work. Problem is you cant drive it on Galle Road cos trucks must get permits with the time and all.