• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Gt-r

Watchman

hey,

i was in the bus one day, stuck at a traffic light when i saw a car i had never seen before...(to be honest the first thought that hit me was "Knight Rider" :D).. so yeah it was a GT-R.. i must say it looked really nice compared to the concept models i remember seeing...

Being the Nissan fan, i passed the pics to peri who suggested i share them with you guys too :)

So, for those who are interested :).. here goes...

dsc0637er5.th.jpg dsc0641da9.th.jpg dsc0642ng1.th.jpg dsc0643um9.th.jpg

Edited by Dilesh

Thanks machan,

It will hit the UK market in few months and cost around £50k (i guess?), on some car reviews it says better than Porsche 911 turbo. Big fan of GT-Rs only driven R32 GT-R but not pushed to the limits :(.

Soon it will be on SL roads, Watch out!! :violent-smiley-030::violent-smiley-099::violent-smiley-099:

...the story back in 2006 was that the AM DB9 made its way in from Singapore as well right? :unsure:

....is anyone thinking what i'm thinking ;)

yeah as i read the DB9 was brought through a singapore agent who had undervalued the car quite a fair deal to slip the SL taxation...

but if i'm not mistaken it was a chinese guy driving the GT-R... hehehhee! and i doubt it he was a doctor named "namal" :D

Thanks machan,

It will hit the UK market in few months and cost around £50k (i guess?), on some car reviews it says better than Porsche 911 turbo. Big fan of GT-Rs only driven R32 GT-R but not pushed to the limits :(.

Soon it will be on SL roads, Watch out!! :violent-smiley-030::violent-smiley-099::violent-smiley-099:

Hey di any of you guys check the Autocar or Topgear mags. They give a good pic of the GTR. Autocar man chris harris says that it beats the Porsche 911 turbo. That coming from a european journalist means that its something.

Just wondering whether Nissan has got things right, the GTR is better than anticipated and then the ugly looking Quashqai selling in numbers and having to increase production in UK.

Gohsen must be having terrific time in office

Hey di any of you guys check the Autocar or Topgear mags. They give a good pic of the GTR. Autocar man chris harris says that it beats the Porsche 911 turbo. That coming from a european journalist means that its something.

Just wondering whether Nissan has got things right, the GTR is better than anticipated and then the ugly looking Quashqai selling in numbers and having to increase production in UK.

Check on below link, it has the video of the battle between the Porsche GT3, M3 & the GT-R.

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/02/video...-r-aganist.html

unfortunately I did not have the pleasure to check it out... :(

Plato just test drove the GT-R on Fifth Gear. Breath-taking. On torrents if anyone wants it.

http://www.newtorrents.info/torrent/37369/...XviD-RiVER.html

On the topic of torrents- lots of people probably already know this, but this is a pretty nifty site with links to torrents of a lot of fifth gear and top gear episodes...well organized, gives a little intro to the torrents, and also has a countdown to the next episode!:)

http://www.finalgear.com/

Cheers,

S

Many were ready to burn Carlos Ghosn at the stake when he pulled the plug on the Skyline & decided to resurrect the "Z" cars - but it must be said the 350z turned out really well - both in terms of image & sales for Nissan

now he's gone even further to 'right a wrong' , so to speak, and revived the GTR as well - true true, the Skyline name plate is missing...but still this could well be the beginning...

yeah as i read the DB9 was brought through a singapore agent who had undervalued the car quite a fair deal to slip the SL taxation...

but if i'm not mistaken it was a chinese guy driving the GT-R... hehehhee! and i doubt it he was a doctor named "namal" :D

i thought the vehicles are re-valued by the perspective agent once it lands in our shores and the tax is based on that valuation.

Many were ready to burn Carlos Ghosn at the stake when he pulled the plug on the Skyline & decided to resurrect the "Z" cars - but it must be said the 350z turned out really well - both in terms of image & sales for Nissan

now he's gone even further to 'right a wrong' , so to speak, and revived the GTR as well - true true, the Skyline name plate is missing...but still this could well be the beginning...

Very true Devinda. I think he understands what it means to lift up brand image and how the light filters down to the lesser models. Pity he's taking so long to make his mark at Renault.

I actually now think it is a great idea that they dropped the Skyline name, even though I quite like the name "Skyline". A car with this kind of capability deserves to have its own name - GTR. It sounds more mysterious and serious IMHO.

i thought the vehicles are re-valued by the perspective agent once it lands in our shores and the tax is based on that valuation.

DB9 is far more expensive than GT-Rs in UK. I think when import from Japan it will be treated as lux. Jap car, for DB9 it should be a massive tax. (Machan I do not know any stories about DB9 tax - reduction story - only seen some pictures).

In UK Nissan wanted to stop "grey importers" for skylines to keep up the value of the car, shame!! :angry-smiley-024:

Do we have any 911 Turbos in SL roads? :rolleyes: