• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Auto Slalom 2006 On The 19th

Thought Mivec said there wasn't a class to take the Evo? But looks like DHL Dinesh J should be there. Dunno who else.

Preveen

Yes you are correct. There is no Super Car event. :D I was there at the venue last Sunday morning with the GT, and it is within a very small area with cones scattered all over and from start to finish it is in 1st gear. :lol: The corners are very tight and as Evos are full time 4WD the turning radius us rather wide. Hand brake turn…now that is rather difficult when you are in 1st gear all the time in max revs on tarmac….and also to avoid hitting the cones…

On the other hand I also took the Kelisa and for my surprise it was 3 seconds faster than the GT :D as it has no 4WD, weighs just 750kgs and with road tyres hand brake turns are so easy….more over it turns into sharp corners without any hassle. So there is one track in SL that 1000cc non turbo 3 cylinder car is faster than a 2000cc modified turbo car! :(

Down side of the Kelisa….AMRC is insisting roll cage :blink: ….and I don’t want to fix one to my road car… AMRC is helpless in this regard as they want the meet to be recognized by SLAS and in such case roll cage and racing licenses are compulsory.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Preveen

Yes you are correct. There is no Super Car event. :D I was there at the venue last Sunday morning with the GT, and it is within a very small area with cones scattered all over and from start to finish it is in 1st gear. :lol: The corners are very tight and as Evos are full time 4WD the turning radius us rather wide. Hand brake turn…now that is rather difficult when you are in 1st gear all the time in max revs on tarmac….and also to avoid hitting the cones…

On the other hand I also took the Kelisa and for my surprise it was 3 seconds faster than the GT :D as it has no 4WD, weighs just 750kgs and with road tyres hand brake turns are so easy….more over it turns into sharp corners without any hassle. So there is one track in SL that 1000cc non turbo 3 cylinder car is faster than a 2000cc modified turbo car! :(

Down side of the Kelisa….AMRC is insisting roll cage :blink: ….and I don’t want to fix one to my road car… AMRC is helpless in this regard as they want the meet to be recognized by SLAS and in such case roll cage and racing licenses are compulsory.

oh man... what a shame... and yeah sanjaya told me you were doing well last sunday...

Down side of the Kelisa….AMRC is insisting roll cage :( ….and I don’t want to fix one to my road car… AMRC is helpless in this regard as they want the meet to be recognized by SLAS and in such case roll cage and racing licenses are compulsory.

Ask UM if they are willing to give u a car with a cage for publicity, if the clubs plan on doing things like this in the future. If this thing is successful and they start a series, can never say. It will def be good publicity for UM to have the Kelisa with some competition wins. No one much seems to have realized that it won then...

oops forgot to reply to this...

i knw one stadium in battaramulla which i assume is the stadium in question but wat i dnt understand is the article says NEXT to the stadium...which is the f**king road!!

anyways directions to the stadium...

drive up parliament road

pass the parliament grounds n u end up at a roundabout

turn left at roundabout n go straight to another roundabout

turn right at roundabout and drive a few yards and u'll c the stadium on ur right

now i ASSUME this is where they'r havin it...

i knw one stadium in battaramulla which i assume is the stadium in question but wat i dnt understand is the article says NEXT to the stadium...which is the f**king road!!

drive up parliament road

turn right at roundabout and drive a few yards and u'll c the stadium on ur right

I just asked Sanjaya.. he said you gota take the road beside that stadium... till you come to the tarmac...

and hey shaks... it's not even 1 minute for you man....

I just asked Sanjaya.. he said you gota take the road beside that stadium... till you come to the tarmac...

and hey shaks... it's not even 1 minute for you man....

i hav no clue machan...im jus goin to look for a lot of parkd cars :(

ok I live 5 minutes away from Shak's.. so I'll be there in 7... hey where the hell is buddhadasa stadium?

:(:blink: fuzzo i guess that we don't have to worry about refreshments as the cherry baby's place is 5 mins drive..mmm what shall we get from shaq..(2 mins away)..water ..water.4 the racers ha ha..praveen what time should we meet up @ the venue.. ravi n shanil cnfremd..so i can join up with tyrell n come..(4 there)..with kris,shaq,fuzzo,i think we alredy got 10 easily.

wel i was wating to see mr dinesh .D driving the gt but even its nice to see u in the kelisa..hey just borrow a mini roller cage from some one n rock the show dinesh..

:(:blink: fuzzo i guess that we don't have to worry about refreshments as the cherry baby's place is 5 mins drive..mmm what shall we get from shaq..(2 mins away)..water ..water.4 the racers ha ha..praveen what time should we meet up @ the venue.. ravi n shanil cnfremd..so i can join up with tyrell n come..(4 there)..with kris,shaq,fuzzo,i think we alredy got 10 easily.

wel i was wating to see mr dinesh .D driving the gt but even its nice to see u in the kelisa..hey just borrow a mini roller cage from some one n rock the show dinesh..

I PLAN on getting there around 9-9:30. That plan depends on getting Mr. madmax's lazy ass out of his house and away from his wife.

Ok shall all those coming from slightly far away rendezvous at Mac's for breakfast at say 8.30ish?? Or is that too early?

Castiya sorry abt the forum title pc and other console thing..

I will be there wen u guys i could Disturb Mr cherry baba by texting him be4 i come..so no probzzz

give me the exact location there is a stadium where the sirasa cricket thing happened and even austasia is down there.

I never knew battaramulla had so much space 4 a circuit.... I could take part in my 0cc Mountain bike fully alloy,Central locking (witha a chain) , DOG security alarm,And non silencered But only problem is they say its too powerful to hit the circuits because once i hit i would be lapping the others at max speed 50 kmph.

:angry-smiley-048:

Ok shall all those coming from slightly far away rendezvous at Mac's for breakfast at say 8.30ish?? Or is that too early?

Sounds good to me. Hey Gaya ... what do you say ?

drive up parliament road

Alongside the stadium u find a road which leads to da track... easy 2 find:D

Sunday morning.... my sleeping day... But most probably I’ll be there... :angry-smiley-048:

ha ha this is why i like my friend kris a lot when hes near its always food..food n more food..( praveen any comments ha ha ) im in mac with tyrell..fuzzo ,dragster what abt u

ha ha this is why i like my friend kris a lot when hes near its always food..food n more food..( praveen any comments ha ha ) im in mac with tyrell..fuzzo ,dragster what abt u

west cost my mate..cant u arrenge up with dragster or meting up @ mac..

Yep I lurve them hash browns first thing in the morn :blush:

But the parking lot is the main reason I suggested it..