• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2001 March Fuel Consuption High!!

dimdim

Question

4 answers to this question

Am a new owner and my car is in good condition... maintained with the agent etc etc...

Doesnt do good on fuel!!! I have put 'valvoline injector cleaner and system enhancer' also ...

Any thoughts to get this to do more????? :

Welcome aboard.... sometimes it takes a little while for a new topic to get replied to, as the AL community is online at all different times of the day... so there isnt much need to create two versions of the same topic mate :)

anyway, in order to answer your question better, kindly tell us whether your car has a Manual or Auto Gearbox, and also the current fuel consumption..... as March's are not always as economical as people sometimes imagine.

Im not 100% sure, but I think this topic has been discussed before, Try doing a Search for it as well....

Cheers

Nissan March is NOT good on fuel. Some cars does low as 8 kmpl. Specielly 1000cc auto models.

This is rather unfortunate but there is nothing much you can do about it dude. I advice you to stop wasting money

trying to improve fuel consumption ... if you are too much worried, better to replace your car.

1300cc version seems to do better.

I own a 2001 march 1000cc auto ... does only about 9 - 9.5 kmpl. Hope this helps.

Some tips to improve Fuel efficiency. This worked for me.

1. Replace your old AirFilter with Genunine Nissan March Air Filter (Don't put fake parts which put by Service stations)

2. Properly inflate tyres

3. Alloy wheels consume more fuel

4. Service your A/C system

5. Use better brand of Engine Oil (Mobil or Castrol)

Darshana