• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Top 5 Best Looking Japanese Cars

GTAm

Subaru SVX

1992subarusvx9798eco0.jpg

1992subarusvx9798eco0.4a1613f095.jpg

(i will admit the Giorgetto Giugiaro connection ;) )

I thought about it too. It still looks futuristic. And will look at home with the Euro Civic hatch by its side!! BTw a lot of the cars here are European designed.....

The Luce Coupe - Bertone

240Z and 2000GT - Count Albreicht Goertz (or something like that :D )

Isuzu Coupe - Bertone

RX 7 FD - IAD - Now defunct Brit Design house

Honda EG and NSX - Pinninfarina is rumoured to have worked on them but it was never officially admiddted.

Anyone know who did the Supras and the TA22 Celica?

Subaru SVX

1992subarusvx9798eco0.jpg

1992subarusvx9798eco0.4a1613f095.jpg

(i will admit the Giorgetto Giugiaro connection ;) )

I thought about it too. It still looks futuristic. And will look at home with the Euro Civic hatch by its side!! BTw a lot of the cars here are European designed.....

The Luce Coupe - Bertone

240Z and 2000GT - Count Albreicht Goertz (or something like that :D )

Isuzu Coupe - Bertone

RX 7 FD - IAD - Now defunct Brit Design house

Honda EG and NSX - Pinninfarina is rumoured to have worked on them but it was never officially admiddted.

Anyone know who did the Supras and the TA22 Celica?

Is it true that there is a Mazda Luce is in SL (imported by Sumitomo Company in 1975 or 76 for their chief Sl engineer) ? Heard Mr Upali wijewardane used this car to promote his Mazda orders.

MINIACE

Really!!! What an intersting piece of news! Sumitomo did import some uncommon cars I know. It could still be with the Wijewardenes. I'll investigate!!!

Btw did you know that the Luce was originally a Bertone proposal for the replacement of the Alfa Giulia? Alfa rejected it in one of their regular wierd fits and gave the world that boxy, un-pretty 1750 and 2000 Berlinas.

Really!!! What an intersting piece of news! Sumitomo did import some uncommon cars I know. It could still be with the Wijewardenes. I'll investigate!!!

Btw did you know that the Luce was originally a Bertone proposal for the replacement of the Alfa Giulia? Alfa rejected it in one of their regular wierd fits and gave the world that boxy, un-pretty 1750 and 2000 Berlinas.

Nice info about the Luce history.

The Sumitomo Mazda was borrowed by Upali to demonstrate the potential customers how upali-Mazda is going to be like..

MINIACE

There is an Orange TA22 is poor shape near the P. SARA stadium (The Oval) in the cheapside of Col 08. I see it almost everyday when driving to work or going there for squash. I was mildly interested when I saw it from afar but on closer inspection realized it's too big a project for me to think of right now. But for someone with more time on their hands it might be a car worth saving.

The guy says that it's not for sale - "mama hadhala ganna inne" etc. But I can sense that he's half hearted about it and I'm quite sure he'll sell if you "show him the money".

Not great to drive (nearly bought one when in Oz but a fast roundabout changed my mind instantly :o - And the seller was actually a HAIRDRESSER :lol: ) but it is a good looking coupe. And you probably can do some mods on the sus to make it handle and grip better.

Btw he has a Fiat 127 for sale there, but that one looks quite decent.

Interesting info.. was TA22 in running condition?

This thread is revealing that either ppl are confused as to "good looking" cars vs "Cars I'd like to have if it looks good or not", OR that beauty REALLY IS in the eye of the beholder. Coz some of these examples .... (IMHO of course).

5.supra (3rd gen? late 80s to early 90s)

4882_82267181.jpg

sadly most of the early Japanese beauties were blatant ripoffs of European models

is it just me,or is there a very slight aesthetic similarity between the 8 Series & the Mk III Supra..

dawned upon me whilst on the other thread... .......the placement of the headlamps perhaps...

Edited by Devinda_Z

This thread is revealing that either ppl are confused as to "good looking" cars vs "Cars I'd like to have if it looks good or not", OR that beauty REALLY IS in the eye of the beholder. Coz some of these examples .... (IMHO of course).

Very True :lol: but what's to be done!?

is it just me,or is there a very slight aesthetic similarity between the 8 Series & the Mk III Supra..

dawned upon me whilst on the other thread... .......the placement of the headlamps perhaps...

I guess there is a slight similarity with the small opening between hood and the vertical-bump face. The 8 series has the opening going all the way..

Hey thanks for the Pic GTAm.. appreciate it.

Sure looks like its just outside the gates to the big 'ol garage in the sky :P way to much work & money for it to be any fun..

No worries, Today I got a shot of the rear which looks slightly better.

dsc00112kw8.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
No worries, Today I got a shot of the rear which looks slightly better.

dsc00112kw8.jpg

Machang GTAm, I happen to notice on our way to Giritale last month a certain Celica (red) with a body kit after the turn off and towards Kurunegala, I couldnt help but think it was the one on Kandy road but it was not. wanted to get a pic on the way back.

Machang GTAm, I happen to notice on our way to Giritale last month a certain Celica (red) with a body kit after the turn off and towards Kurunegala, I couldnt help but think it was the one on Kandy road but it was not. wanted to get a pic on the way back.

Did it still have a petrol number? I've seen a couple with 32 and 64 numbers :( .