• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Gear Box Hum

chams_mini

Question

7 answers to this question

Well its manual and just want to know a bit on this.. Lets say ithe hum is dare for all gears (worse scenario i guess )..

so wat will happen??

Hey bro,

I experienced this in my recently bought Corolla Wagon (KE72). The hum was in 2nd and 3rd gears. I checked this with 3 mechanics. One of them told that the gear box wheels are worn out. Others told the hum is comming due to worn out razers. The humming noize increased and I removed the gear box with one of the mechanics. He inspect and decided to replace all the razers. And the bush was also worn out and had to remake the bush. But unfortunately I had to remove the gearbox for the second time after running very few km's, bcoz arm got stucked in second gear :angry: . Then I took the vehicle to the same mechanic, he replaced some small stick like parts. I had to spent around 11,000/= for all of this.

Important: Choose an expert for Gear Boxes :action-smiley-060:

Thanx

Well bro do u have to go throuh all this trouble???? Cant we run with the hum?? Whats the worse case??? I mean will the gears get stuck and wont be in a position to change gears?? what did the mechanic say?? Is it ok to run for some time with the hum???

Share ur views guys...

Well bro do u have to go throuh all this trouble???? Cant we run with the hum?? Whats the worse case??? I mean will the gears get stuck and wont be in a position to change gears?? what did the mechanic say?? Is it ok to run for some time with the hum???

Share ur views guys...

Yes, problem got fixed. Now its running smoothly. After the repair only the gears got stucked, but now its ok. Mechanic said its now ok but he is not an expert !!. Before the repair another mechanic said 'you can run more'. But that humming was very noisy.

However my advice is to meet an expert