• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula 1 -2008

miniace

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come come KLM.. we both know that LH could not get into Q2 cause of the rain! And that Kimi's quali's was also hit by rain! and that an inexperienced pole sitter would have stood little chance going into turn one in the dry and that the others would have creamed him if it was dry normal conditions! Given he drove superbly considering- but yes he was indeed lucky as well- it was he's day!

On the qualifying matter- have a look at the notes- clearly shows that the big names had the worst of the conditions.

http://www.grandprix.com/race/r799q1report.html

Doesn't matter how good you are unless you have some luck too :) Witness Kobe in this years NBA Finals. His luck ran out short of the goal.

Kobe's Lakers were not unlucky - they were completely outplayed by the Celtics in every department, but I digress.....

Come come KLM.. we both know that LH could not get into Q2 cause of the rain! And that Kimi's quali's was also hit by rain! and that an inexperienced pole sitter would have stood little chance going into turn one in the dry and that the others would have creamed him if it was dry normal conditions! Given he drove superbly considering- but yes he was indeed lucky as well- it was he's day!

On the qualifying matter- have a look at the notes- clearly shows that the big names had the worst of the conditions.

http://www.grandprix.com/race/r799q1report.html

How can you say he was lucky that it rained? Like I said, rain is part and parcel of F1 qualifying and racing, so in my book he completely earned the win.

Well its one thing to race head to head and win the rain 'ala Senna. Its another thing to have several key incidents in race go in your favor cause of it :) He was lucky. But like I said fortune- favors the brave and he did not put a wrong foot in the race & credit to him for that

I must say the arguments the two of you have is rather interesting, but Elvis_Pil i gotta go with KLM on this, there was no advantage that aided vettel and even the pit stops/race strategy was perfect..

By the way, who do ull think will take this yr's crown ?, I reckon its massa, its a bout time another brazilian won :)..

Edited by sundown

How come I missed Boudais' incident? Did they actually show it on STAR? I thought I saw the whole thing. Anyway Lewis and Massa both deserved the penalties. Ron is winging as usual.....

Well about Vettel..I think yes he was a bit lucky but he's a brilliant driver and did not miss a beat during the whole race. Deserves the win! I'm sure he'll become a more frequent visitor to the podium soon.

Yawn. Got some much more interesting F1 news. Well, not F1 news per say, but related to F1

http://jalopnik.com/5061609/f1-boss-bernie...i+nude-for-peta

Like this?

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4441541/Fo...NFO.WS.PDTV-433

ooh thanks peri!!! just saw this.... is this "legal" cos our Uni tracks piracy through torrent clients... so cant download torrent movies etcs here... but anyway, will ask someone in SL to do it.. thanks again!

ooh thanks peri!!! just saw this.... is this "legal" cos our Uni tracks piracy through torrent clients... so cant download torrent movies etcs here... but anyway, will ask someone in SL to do it.. thanks again!

Actually, I dunno. Its not a movie so I don't think the Movie Industry will be upset. I dunno if there are copyright holders on the content. Since its a once time broadcast, having it on demand on the web .... Well, I dunno. Guess you'll have to ask a lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...
it would have been poor LH if he'd come 2nd again!

that would have been heatbreaking!

...but must be a rubbish feeling for Massa to Win but not WIN :mellow:

Rs.10 says he never ever buys a Toyota! :lol: ROTFL

But to Massa win and wait to hear where LH finish? *sigh*

Lol... I'd probably won't buy a Toyota after this! Lets see whats the post-race interview is like...

But to Massa win and wait to hear where LH finish? *sigh*

Lol... I'd probably won't buy a Toyota after this! Lets see whats the post-race interview is like...

um uh yeah...you chaps watch it and tell me how it goes... - the live standings don't quite cover that! :(

:lol: