Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

  • 0

HONDA VEZEL 2014 WARNING LIGHTS. PLEASE HELP !!!


nmx58
 Share

Question

Hi All,

 

I'm a new member in here and greetings to everyone. We bought a Honda Vezel 2014 recently and it's just month ago. Today when I start the vehicle I got some warning messages and some warning lights as in the attached images. I'm very confused about what's happening and I'm afraid whether the previous owner has tricked us. We didn't have a inspection before we purchase the vehicle.

Can someone please explain me, what are these warning lights and what actions should I take. Many thanks in advance.

 

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME !!!

20200224_233703.jpg

20200224_233711.jpg

20200224_233714.jpg

20200224_233721.jpg

20200224_233759.jpg

20200224_234614.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0

From the warning symbols, the errors are in the following systems in order of the photos in your post:

1. VSA (Vehicle Stability Assist) system 

2. Hill Start Assist system 

3. (Electronic) Parking Brake

4. Braking system

The warnings are basically telling you to get the above checked out. Get a diagnostic scan done to reveal the exact error codes and proceed from there. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
5 minutes ago, NIMANTHA88 said:

@Davy Thank you very much for your response. Do you think this is something serious ? ? ?

Only a diagnostic scan will tell. On the plus side, the car "knows" that something is wrong with it and telling you. This is better than an error that is difficult to identify. 

You say that you bought the car recently. Did you import the car yourself or buy it from a car sale? If it's the latter, did you get some sort of warranty? If yes, you might want to take it to them for inspection. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

@Davy I bought this from a person who has used this vehicle as a second vehicle. I'm the third owner. In the worst case scenario can you please tell me how much I will have to spend if it's a brake system failure (Please note the last image attached. There's red indication for brake system and orange warning indication for parking brake) ? I'm so worried, it's only been a month. Can you also please tell me where I should put the vehicle for Scan  ?. Stafford, Sterling or any other better place ?

 

It's very kind of you to help me. Many thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 hours ago, NIMANTHA88 said:

@Davy I bought this from a person who has used this vehicle as a second vehicle. I'm the third owner. In the worst case scenario can you please tell me how much I will have to spend if it's a brake system failure (Please note the last image attached. There's red indication for brake system and orange warning indication for parking brake) ? I'm so worried, it's only been a month. Can you also please tell me where I should put the vehicle for Scan  ?. Stafford, Sterling or any other better place ?

 

It's very kind of you to help me. Many thanks.

The diagnostic scan shouldn't cost you much, so better take it to the agent if possible. As I said before, the cost of repair comes down to what the actual issue is, and will only be revealed from the errors that are found during diagnosis. 

Not sure of other garages, maybe another member can suggest one. I assume the agent would have Honda Specific equipment that enable them to scan and provide you an accurate report of what is wrong. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

What Davy said....

The Honda systems are pretty tightly integrated... and extremely sensitive. So even if there is one thing that is having an issue all the other systems connected to it will also get in to panic mode. Sometimes it can be something as simple as the Hybrid battery being worn out or loss of contact with the auxiliary (the 12v) battery. The warnings are telling you that the systems are not working so be careful and take it to the dealership. It does not say it is necessarily broken, so what is broken can be something completely unrelated.

When you drive does the Eco/EV light still come on (which is supposed to come on when the Hybrid system engages). Does the Hybrid system engage ? According to some Japanese forums a common issue for the above seems to be the Hybrid system battery having charging issues (and in a few cases the 12v battery having contact issues).....where the VSA is concerned the system is telling that the gasoline engine is always running to try keep the hybrid battery charging so the power might not cut off when taking bends, etc...Same with hill start...because the power from the Hybrid system is needed to stop the roll back..if the hybrid system is not working..it is warning that the car may roll back...with braking you are supposed to take care because..again...because the gasoline engine is constantly running and the HV system does not kick in to assist with slowing down, the braking effect might get reduced. The E-parking brake gives an error in case the brakes are not fully disengaged because of power issues. 

So DO NOT panic and think doom and gloom. Go get it scanned and take it a step at a time. I think it would quite helpful and benefit the community if you can let us know what the scans told you and what was done to fix it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

@nmx58  Honda Vezel and other Honda hybrids of that era are known to display those error messages when the 12V battery level is low. Get a scan done as @Davy mentioned but before doing that please check the status of the 12V battery from a battery shop. Most probably changing the 12V battery would solve this issue

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

This bears all the hallmarks of a low 12v battery. Do a load check on the 12V. 

Once you replace the battery, you need to connect this to a Honda Diagnostic Scanner (HDS) and clear all the logged error codes. If not, some systems may work in safe mode since the codes will be retained in memory.

If it's not the 12v battery, HDS report will indicate what is wrong with each system.

I would strongly suggest you get this done via agents or someone reputable who has a Honda diagnostic scanner. Generic ODB scanners in most of the garages would not detect or show all the error codes. Either way if you purchased the vehicle without an inspection, a full scan using HDS is strongly recommended. Please note that some of the errors that may show up in HDS scan are nominal and does not require addressing. But these can sound scary when you read the report and if you mechanic is a scammer they can exaggerate the issues that are logged and try to exploit you with it. So when you get the report do some research on the internet about the errors codes logged there. Or go to a mechanic you can fully trust. Or go to the agents.

 

Edited by ramishkad
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 hours ago, Cband said:

I had a similar indication a few years back in my GP5. Diagnosed with agent and problem was ABS system of the car.  I could not remember the cost but it was less than 2000/= 

Happened to our vezel too. This same problem. A 2000/= diagnostic scan fixed it tho like you mentioned. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
9 hours ago, NIMANTHA88 said:

@Davy Thank you very much for your response. Do you think this is something serious ? ? ?

unlikely. The more errors means the less critical, because one part that provides information to all these different systems has to be faulty.

Most possible starting point, did you get the wheel speed sensors checked for damage to wires or mud?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

@Davy @iRage @Dee Jay @gayanath @Cband @anjulau78 @ramishkad @AVANTE @ajm @Thushama and Everyone here in the forum. Guys, Thank you very much for your kindness of supporting me ! It's very kind of you guys ! Now this is the update.

I have experienced some break issue after several days posting the issue in here. It was middle in the traffic, suddenly the indications came back and I was very confused and I had to push the break pedal all the way down to not to hit the front vehicle. It was a horrible experience in my life :( . The same issue came back several times and we have decided to go to the Stafford Motors, Ja-ela branch. They did a scan and said it is the master brake servo pump which is not functioning properly. After contacting the previous owner he said he had the same issue while ago and he replaced the master brake servo pump with a reconditioned as company said 5 Lakhs to replace with a brand new part. That was again very sad to hear :( . We didn't have proper answers from Ja-ela branch so we decided to go to the Stafford Motors Maradana Branch. They were very proactive and 4, 5 technicians looked at the issue and after around 1 and half hours we saw they were going for a test drive. They came back and said the issue is gone. The reason they said was, one of the wires connecting to the master brake servo pump had a loose connection or something. They also said if the issue persists, we need to give attention to the master brake servo pump.

After that we had several trips but the issue came back. The issue is not consistent. It comes and go away it self. Yesterday the issue was there and I was taking the vehicle on uphill and the gear was on D. When I was getting the foot out of the break pedal it was going backwards. Can you guys feel how I felt at that time :( Is this possible ?. I have no idea what's going on. I'm thinking of taking the vehicle to Stafford Motors (Maradana) again. I'm very much disappointed now and so many things going on my head. 

1) Is it the master brake servo pump ? (Then for a brand new part 5 lakhs)
2) Is it the wire harness ? (Then for a brand new part 3 lakhs)
3) Is it a malfunction in the system ? (Then I don't know what to do)
4) Is this a serious issue ???? :(


Do you guys have any idea what to do ? it feels like I have burned 45 lakhs and I don't know what to do / where to go. Even the company says, since it's a Japan domestic vehicle, the manual is in Japanese, so it's hard to diagnose issue in Honda Vezel.

Any thoughts guys ?

Edited by NIMANTHA88
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, NIMANTHA88 said:

@Davy @iRage @Dee Jay @gayanath @Cband @anjulau78 @ramishkad @AVANTE @ajm @Thushama and Everyone here in the forum. Guys, Thank you very much for your kindness of supporting me ! It's very kind of you guys ! Now this is the update.

I have experienced some break issue after several days posting the issue in here. It was middle in the traffic, suddenly the indications came back and I was very confused and I had to push the break pedal all the way down to not to hit the front vehicle. It was a horrible experience in my life :( . The same issue came back several times and we have decided to go to the Stafford Motors, Ja-ela branch. They did a scan and said it is the master brake servo pump which is not functioning properly. After contacting the previous owner he said he had the same issue while ago and he replaced the master brake servo pump with a reconditioned as company said 5 Lakhs to replace with a brand new part. That was again very sad to hear :( . We didn't have proper answers from Ja-ela branch so we decided to go to the Stafford Motors Maradana Branch. They were very proactive and 4, 5 technicians looked at the issue and after around 1 and half hours we saw they were going for a test drive. They came back and said the issue is gone. The reason they said was, one of the wires connecting to the master brake servo pump had a loose connection or something. They also said if the issue persists, we need to give attention to the master brake servo pump.

After that we had several trips but the issue came back. The issue is not consistent. It comes and go away it self. Yesterday the issue was there and I was taking the vehicle on uphill and the gear was on D. When I was getting the foot out of the break pedal it was going backwards. Can you guys feel how I felt at that time :( Is this possible ?. I have no idea what's going on. I'm thinking of taking the vehicle to Stafford Motors (Maradana) again. I'm very much disappointed now and so many things going on my head. 

1) Is it the master brake servo pump ? (Then for a brand new part 5 lakhs)
2) Is it the wire harness ? (Then for a brand new part 3 lakhs)
3) Is it a malfunction in the system ? (Then I don't know what to do)
4) Is this a serious issue ???? :(


Do you guys have any idea what to do ? it feels like I have burned 45 lakhs and I don't know what to do / where to go. Even the company says, since it's a Japan domestic vehicle, the manual is in Japanese, so it's hard to diagnose issue in Honda Vezel.

Any thoughts guys ?

I understand what you must be feeling now. It can't be that big of an issue. There's no way the wiring harness can give issues at this age unless it has had a horrible accident in its history. Did you inspect the vehicle professionally before purchase? 

Whats the situation with the gearbox? Are you sure it's in good shape? Because rolling back in a hill sounds like the gearbox slipping. Whatever it is, it's fixable. Dont lose your cool. If it is gearbox, I know a guy who is trustworthy to do repairs on it. But let's hope it's not the gearbox. 

@fiat fan what say you? Is ShiMotor a good call for the servo pump connection repair? 

Edited by AVANTE
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
5 hours ago, NIMANTHA88 said:

@Davy @iRage @Dee Jay @gayanath @Cband @anjulau78 @ramishkad @AVANTE @ajm @Thushama and Everyone here in the forum. Guys, Thank you very much for your kindness of supporting me ! It's very kind of you guys ! Now this is the update.

I have experienced some break issue after several days posting the issue in here. It was middle in the traffic, suddenly the indications came back and I was very confused and I had to push the break pedal all the way down to not to hit the front vehicle. It was a horrible experience in my life :( . The same issue came back several times and we have decided to go to the Stafford Motors, Ja-ela branch. They did a scan and said it is the master brake servo pump which is not functioning properly. After contacting the previous owner he said he had the same issue while ago and he replaced the master brake servo pump with a reconditioned as company said 5 Lakhs to replace with a brand new part. That was again very sad to hear :( . We didn't have proper answers from Ja-ela branch so we decided to go to the Stafford Motors Maradana Branch. They were very proactive and 4, 5 technicians looked at the issue and after around 1 and half hours we saw they were going for a test drive. They came back and said the issue is gone. The reason they said was, one of the wires connecting to the master brake servo pump had a loose connection or something. They also said if the issue persists, we need to give attention to the master brake servo pump.

After that we had several trips but the issue came back. The issue is not consistent. It comes and go away it self. Yesterday the issue was there and I was taking the vehicle on uphill and the gear was on D. When I was getting the foot out of the break pedal it was going backwards. Can you guys feel how I felt at that time :( Is this possible ?. I have no idea what's going on. I'm thinking of taking the vehicle to Stafford Motors (Maradana) again. I'm very much disappointed now and so many things going on my head. 

1) Is it the master brake servo pump ? (Then for a brand new part 5 lakhs)
2) Is it the wire harness ? (Then for a brand new part 3 lakhs)
3) Is it a malfunction in the system ? (Then I don't know what to do)
4) Is this a serious issue ???? :(


Do you guys have any idea what to do ? it feels like I have burned 45 lakhs and I don't know what to do / where to go. Even the company says, since it's a Japan domestic vehicle, the manual is in Japanese, so it's hard to diagnose issue in Honda Vezel.

Any thoughts guys ?

 

I can understand what you are going through. But keep in mind that all of these parts are replaceable and can be repaired - even though its a JDM, there is no magic in the Vezel that isn't incomprehensible to a good technician.  If Stafford gives you the diagnosis to replace the master break pump, I would strongly recommend you get a second opinion from another non-agent vendor who is specialized in Honda repairs. Stafford from my experience is trigger happy to replace parts and do trial and error repairs which can end up being a waste of money. 

Do you have the diagnostic report they did when the scanner was connected? Usually HDS errors are very specific and point in the general direction of a solution.

Edited by ramishkad
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Well...this is rather sad and truly would be scary. Anything to do with the effectiveness of brakes is quite unnerving. 

I think I mentioned this before as well...does the car's Hybrid system work properly (does it run on the gasoline engine a lot more than it used to or compared to other Vezels) ? If memory serves me right  (I read on some Japanese tech forums) the Honda VSA, CBTA,Hill Start assists go bonkers when the Hybrid system is not working properly and the engine is constantly running (the system apparently gets in to panic mode because it is not entirely certain the constant running engine will be fast to react). So this can be why your hill assist does not work...and since the Hybrid system uses braking to regenerate itself....it could be that your weak braking is messing up the full charging process.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

AutoLanka Cars For Sale

Post Your Ad Free [Click Here]



×
×
  • Create New...