• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Auto Diesel Vs. Super Diesel

GMI

Question

Hi,

LR experts, please recommend me what diesel to use in my 200 TDi? According the Defender 90 manual, I could use diesel which has Sulphur Content of less than 1%. Both Auto Diesel and Super diesel has less than 1%,according to Cyepetco specs.

Please share some thoughts on the advantages of Super Diesel over Auto Diesel.

You cannot mix 90 octane petrol with 95 – like that are there any restrictions of mixing Auto Diesel and Super Diesel?

Thanks and regards,

GMI

6 answers to this question

Super Diesel is a tad bit hard to come by...

so being able to consistently run it on super diesel might be a smidge difficult

I don't think there will be much of an issue as fuel quality rarely affects older Land Rovers

I haven't used Super Diesel much, just the odd occasion where Auto Diesel was unavailable,so i'm not qualified to comment much

You should be just fine running plain ole Auto Diesel :)

but i too would be very interested to know if there is anyone who has noticed any substantial differences between the two Diesel variants, even if it hasn't been on Land Rovers

:unsure:

Hi,

LR experts, please recommend me what diesel to use in my 200 TDi? According the Defender 90 manual, I could use diesel which has Sulphur Content of less than 1%. Both Auto Diesel and Super diesel has less than 1%,according to Cyepetco specs.

Please share some thoughts on the advantages of Super Diesel over Auto Diesel.

You cannot mix 90 octane petrol with 95 – like that are there any restrictions of mixing Auto Diesel and Super Diesel?

Thanks and regards,

GMI

Hey bit off topic. Can u explain why its not good to mix 90 octane and 95 octane? I'm using 95octane in my bike. But some times i'm using even 90octane when 95 is not available. Is it not good for the engine? :blink:

Hey bit off topic. Can u explain why its not good to mix 90 octane and 95 octane? I'm using 95octane in my bike. But some times i'm using even 90octane when 95 is not available. Is it not good for the engine? :blink:

Not sure whether your bike is EFI, if so and if you mix 95 and 90 with higher percentages, you should experience uneven idle revolutions (based on my experiences with EFI cars).

It is only the flash point difference. My car manual says that 90 (un leaded) can be used if the engine does not knock. My es 1 DOHC engine was designed for 95 but i have been using 90 instead of and no hassels so far.

I have noticed that when i used 95 once it did only 9 km/lt but it does 10 km/lt when 90 is used. :rolleyes:

Not sure whether your bike is EFI, if so and if you mix 95 and 90 with higher percentages, you should experience uneven idle revolutions (based on my experiences with EFI cars).

I also used to mix 90 with 95 in situations where I cannot find 95.

Theoretically there cannot be a problem of mixing these two. Simply they will mix and make a mixture with 91% to 94% Octane depending on the quantities used.

Experts please drop your ideas on practical situation