• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Difference Between Indian And Japanese Swift

Kulunu

xXx I was talking about an Indian Tax not Sri Lankan. Since Sri Lankan exports are tax free (to a large extent) we take it for granted that every country's exports are tax exempt. Not so. I know for a fact that some exports from India are taxed. In fact when goods trade between different states they are taxed.

Yes the D*MO sales r down. MB because of prices. Tata because of the quality of the product?

very good point GTAm. i simply overlooked that factor.

unimo had a similar story to D*MO with their figures.

Guys,

What's the difference between indian and japanese swift?

Can some one post some images of r marut swift as well.

Tranny

The Major difference is All Indian Swifts variants are manual and Japanese Swifts are auto.

Models

The Indian Swift has two models which are VXI and ZXI. The VXI is the non ABS (Only the Vacuum Assisted brakes) version and ZXI has ABS brakes. This ZXI model is arnd 2.8 million if Im correct.

Engine

And the engine of Indian Maruti Swift is a 1.3L non VVT engine and japanese swift has a 1.5L VVT engine.

Suspension

The Indian swift has 14inch steel or alloy rims and it has a higher ground clearance than the Japanese swift. (I think in Indian model, they have lifted the car to facilitate driving in bad indian roads) The japanese one has a more comfortable ride. And Jap version has 15inch alloys.

mmm... Thats all I can remeber upto now. If I remeber more. I will inform you guys. bye :alc:

• 2 years later...

Remember seeing in an A*W ad recently, stating the price of the Indian Swift at Rs. 3.2 million (approx.) and the price of the Japanese Swift at Rs. 4.5 million (approx.).

(Shocked to see such a price tag for a Hatchback)

well srilanka is a funny country..........where cars which are more then 13 years old going for over 1 million.......so this is nothing... :D

• 2 months later...

hey im planning to buy a Indian swift vxi..YOM 2006. owner says 1.65m.

i try da google, autolanka forums..etc.. bt couldn't find what are the differences Between Indian And Japanese Swift other than engine, gear box and the price. do they have the same body and chassis. i mean suspension, steering mechanism, body parts, etc

im nt bothered about comfort, major things that i concern are resale market, fuel efficiency, availability of spare parts and easy maintaining.

cn someone advice me on this....

thankz.. :)

Edited by arun-online

• 2 months later...

I have Japanese swift - 2009 YOM.

1.3 (1244cc)

There are many differences with this version of the swift.

Transmission – Auto / Manual

Engine

Interior

Overall Finishing

Suspensions

Wheel base – 15”

Factory fitted security system

Options –

Keyless entry(intelligent key)

Climate control,

AVG fuel consumption meter,

Retractable Mirrors

Outside temperature indicator

Multifunction

Japanese swift is very much efficient in terms of fuel consumption.

AVG 20+/L can be achieved in

RPM - 1k – 1.5 k @ 60 – 70 KMPH range

RPM - 1.5k-2k - @ 100-110 KPMH range

In my experience city limits 11-12 km/l.

Outside of city limits– 15+km/l

• 11 years later...