• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Service Options

jehan80

Question

Hi guys,

I bought a Toyota vios about 6 months ago, and i'm planning on going for a full service next week.

Can you advice me on exactly what needs to be done in a regular service, cause this is my first vehicle and i've got no clue, other than the oil change :action-smiley-060: . I mean I dont wanna ask the service guy what he recommends.

Thanks, appreciate any help!

13 answers to this question

Hi guys,

I bought a Toyota vios about 6 months ago, and i'm planning on going for a full service next week.

Can you advice me on exactly what needs to be done in a regular service, cause this is my first vehicle and i've got no clue, other than the oil change :action-smiley-060: . I mean I dont wanna ask the service guy what he recommends.

Thanks, appreciate any help!

General service,

1.Change engine oil + Engine oil filter

2. Clean/Change Air Filter

3. Check the battery water level and top up

4. Check the power steering oil level

5. Check the brake/ Clutch oil level.

6. Check the brake pads

7. Check tyre pressure .

8. Check all the lights.

Special services,

1. Timing belt to be changed according to the manufactures recomandation,(Normally in every 100000km)

2. If the transmission is Auto, Gear box oil to be changed in every 30000 km.(see vehicle manual)

3. Spark plugs to be changed in every 20000 km.

If the Spark Plugs are conventional type only they must be changed in every 20,000 km if they are platinum tipped type then change in every 100,000km.

Engine Tune Up 20,000km

Replace Radiator Coolant 75,000km

Replace intank fuel filter 40,000km

Aircon Service 20,000km

If the Spark Plugs are conventional type only they must be changed in every 20,000 km if they are platinum tipped type then change in every 100,000km.

Engine Tune Up 20,000km

Replace Radiator Coolant 75,000km

Replace intank fuel filter 40,000km

Aircon Service 20,000km

do u really have to change spark plugs every 20k?????? i've never owned a petrol to say this,but 20k seems way underestimating a spark-plug's lifetime...

Same question abut the Engine Tune-Up and the AC service...... cos those arent very cheap things to do....

General service,

1.Change engine oil + Engine oil filter

2. Clean/Change Air Filter

3. Check the battery water level and top up

4. Check the power steering oil level

5. Check the brake/ Clutch oil level.

6. Check the brake pads

7. Check tyre pressure .

8. Check all the lights.

Special services,

1. Timing belt to be changed according to the manufactures recomandation,(Normally in every 100000km)

2. If the transmission is Auto, Gear box oil to be changed in every 30000 km.(see vehicle manual)

3. Spark plugs to be changed in every 20000 km.

Thanks for your info jaga & bharath! Really appreciate it.

Thanks for your info jaga & bharath! Really appreciate it.

AFAIK, There's No Timing Belt To changed in Vios. It Driven By A Timing Chain. If you have a Auto box, make sure you Only fill with Toyota Type T-IV Oil or Mobil ATF 3309 (Equivalent to Type T - IV). Dexron III types can Harm your Gearbox. For The Steering Fluid, Use Normal Dexron III Type Transmission Fluid. (I know That Sounds bit weird but thats what Manual says) About Spark plugs, Normally Those Engines (In Your Case 1NZ-FE) comes with Iridium Plugs which Lasts long for at least 100,000 K's. but Removing them and checking will do no harm. :angry-smiley-048:

Edited by Ruslan

do u really have to change spark plugs every 20k?????? i've never owned a petrol to say this,but 20k seems way underestimating a spark-plug's lifetime...

Same question abut the Engine Tune-Up and the AC service...... cos those arent very cheap things to do....

I normally do an aircon service and an engine tune up in every 20000km. Which makes lot of difference in the car. Normally the companies recommand to change the conventional type plugs in every 20000km but no one does. It's not possible to maintain a car according to the manufacturer's recommandation cos which will cost you a 100k in every 3 months. According to themanufacturer you also have to do these in every 20,000km.

1)Replace Brake Fluid

2)Check wheel alignment & camber

Replace auto transmission gear oil in every 40,000km

I know there was a topic called Engine oil in the old forum, I tried so much but couldn't find it.

Any way I need a help,

What is the best engine oil grade for the 2003 Vios E Automatic? Also mind the service interval is 4000km.

I use mobil super XHP Plus which is 15-40 for my 1999 FB15. Is it ok for the 2003 vios too?

Please let me know guys...(service interval is 4000km so I don't want any synthetics)

Thanks in advance...

Please Help Me Guys....

Finally I took my car to Pitstop for oil change as you all know Pitstop does only BP and Castrol they suggest me BP visco 3000 which is 20w-50. They have the minimum viscosity of 20w in mineral oil. So I did the service with BP Visco 3000. My question is, Isn't 50 too thicker for a 2003 engine cos obviously thicker oil will increase the oil preassure. I don't have the Toyota user manual with me. Which is the best mineral multigrade oil for a 2003 Vios? I don't mind changing the oil again if 50 is too thicker for it. Thanks guys.

(There was a long thread regarding Engine Oils but I can't find it. Any Mods can find it make a link here please...)

found several topics in old forum..is this what you lookn?

http://www.autolanka.com/DiscView.asp?mid=...forum_id=5&

use google search which is in the AL main page..it search old/new forum much better.

Thank you for the prompt reply madz...much appreciate.. :)

The 'Search' on the home page is much better than the 'Search' on the Forum, to find threads.

Edited by Bharath

I used to change the plugs in my Civic every service :P Honda used to charge around 1600 bucks for the OEM copper set... Then again I was running a rich fuel mix & advanced timing :) Platinums though can be used for over 20k easily as the others have said

Please Help Me Guys....

Finally I took my car to Pitstop for oil change as you all know Pitstop does only BP and Castrol they suggest me BP visco 3000 which is 20w-50. They have the minimum viscosity of 20w in mineral oil. So I did the service with BP Visco 3000. My question is, Isn't 50 too thicker for a 2003 engine cos obviously thicker oil will increase the oil preassure. I don't have the Toyota user manual with me. Which is the best mineral multigrade oil for a 2003 Vios? I don't mind changing the oil again if 50 is too thicker for it. Thanks guys.

(There was a long thread regarding Engine Oils but I can't find it. Any Mods can find it make a link here please...)

I didn't get the manual for my vios either. Anybody got any idea what type of oil I should be using for it? I've been told to avoid synthetic oils for the vios though...

I didn't get the manual for my vios either. Anybody got any idea what type of oil I should be using for it? I've been told to avoid synthetic oils for the vios though...

Mobil Super XHP Plus (15W-40) , 4L Can will cost you Rs2100.