• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A Performance Filter Question (apexi Air Filter)

Daforce

Hello,

I would very much appreciate it if someone can tell me if there is a place to purchase a Apexi replacement Air filter in Sri Lanka. My car came with one installed and now the filter needs replacing. Have had no luck finding one so far and my gas mileage keeps slipping. Toyota company can only tell me to wait 4 months (order time) for a stock air filter system to replace the Apexi performance one. :unsure:

Hello,

I would very much appreciate it if someone can tell me if there is a place to purchase a Apexi replacement Air filter in Sri Lanka. My car came with one installed and now the filter needs replacing. Have had no luck finding one so far and my gas mileage keeps slipping. Toyota company can only tell me to wait 4 months (order time) for a stock air filter system to replace the Apexi performance one. :unsure:

and what might the car be?

Hello,

Try US Motors, Hill Street Dehiwala. they had.

The engine started sounding raw this Sunday and fuel economy was atrocious. Took the vehicle to Toyota today. They said the spark plugs needed to be changed and that the Apexi air filter was pulling in lot of dirt and they cleaned the air intake/valve. Don't know how true it is but Toyota service said that while increasing air flow the Apexi lets in more dust as well and not good for local conditions. Unlike the K&N you cannot clean it; it has to be replaced and they are by no means cheap filters. Toyota actually admitted that it would be more worthwhile for me to find a stock unit outside instead of charging me Rs. 40000-45000 and keeping me waiting for months for it to come...lol. Decided to do away with the Apexi and go stock (if I can find a stock unit) :rolleyes: .

Edited by Daforce

The engine started sounding raw this Sunday and fuel economy was atrocious. Took the vehicle to Toyota today. They said the spark plugs needed to be changed and that the Apexi air filter was pulling in lot of dirt and they cleaned the air intake/valve. Don't know how true it is but Toyota service said that while increasing air flow the Apexi lets in more dust as well and not good for local conditions. Unlike the K&N you cannot clean it; it has to be replaced and they are by no means cheap filters. Toyota actually admitted that it would be more worthwhile for me to find one outside instead of charging me Rs. 40000-45000 and keeping me waiting for months for it to come...lol. Decided to do away with the Apexi and go stock (if I can find a stock unit) :rolleyes: .

you might well be better off going for a K&N as a compromise..

Yeah K&N, Apexi, HKS, no different

machang isn't the HKS one different to the others? :unsure:

i'ven noticed that its got a much softer sponge like filter and it doesn't perform at all well in local conditions as it lets in a lot of sand and dust :mellow:

i'd say a K&N BOX TYPE filter will be the ideal compromise as it would directly into the stock air filter bay

i'ven noticed that its got a much softer sponge like filter and it doesn't perform at all well in local conditions as it lets in a lot of sand and dust :mellow:

i'd say a K&N BOX TYPE filter will be the ideal compromise as it would directly into the stock air filter bay

Well I decided to do away with the custom Apexi system and go with the stock filter box. The problem is I dont have the original filter box that came with the car :mellow: . In the process of searching for one.

I mean power wise, and yes HKS not suitabe for Sri lanka at all, My Subaru came with HKS box type filter but i noticed it dosent do the job well, after removing the filter box saw dust inside, so i got K&N Box Filter, its awesome for Sri lanka

darforce...do u hav an outside intake filter( a cone) whts the wideth of it3 inch or 4??? can gv u a temp huricane till u get a 1 or a bit used apexi...

darforce...do u hav an outside intake filter( a cone) whts the wideth of it3 inch or 4??? can gv u a temp huricane till u get a 1 or a bit used apexi...

Sory for the delay in getting back to you. Did not log in for a few days. Anyways this is what the filter looks like. When you talk about inches would that be measured from the front end or the back end of the unit?

http://www.apexi-usa.com/graphics/products/166_t.jpg

Gracia's

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Special thanks goes out to Nuwan, RACERSEDGE. Got an K&N filter that fits on the mount the Apexi was on from Eranda. This way I did not have to change much with exception to the actual filter. The K&N is washable so thats a consolation since the Apexi is disposable. In my search for filters I have found that there are Pre Filters for the performance type filters. The pre filter is a bag that goes over the actual filter protecting it from moisture and micro dust particles. So far have not found them here so I am going to try and get someone coming from the U.S to bring it down, Here is the link below.

http://www.autoanything.com/air-filters/65A2582A-1A1.aspx