• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bmw E30

on the Topic of BMW 3 series, but slightly OT...

I was going through the AL clasified and saw that the yom-2000+ 320Ds now sell at 4.0mil to 4.7mil... wherent they seeling in the 6.0mil range couple of months ago???? anyone know as to why the suden 35% drop in price?

on the Topic of BMW 3 series, but slightly OT...

I was going through the AL clasified and saw that the yom-2000+ 320Ds now sell at 4.0mil to 4.7mil... wherent they seeling in the 6.0mil range couple of months ago???? anyone know as to why the suden 35% drop in price?

This is the first generation E46 320d, the 2nd generation (after 2002 with a facelift) came with a common rail diesel and that one sell in the range of 5.5- 6 mil.

This is the first generation E46 320d, the 2nd generation (after 2002 with a facelift) came with a common rail diesel and that one sell in the range of 5.5- 6 mil.

ohh.. i was under the impression that it was only an actual 'face-lift' that the newer car had.. didnt know about the newer engine. thanks!

but do you think the 1.0+ million premium (besides the actual 'newer' car) is worth it for the new face and engine upgrade? having experience with both, what do you say? :) Looks-wise, I DO like the newer face but not a million bucks worth )

Edited by Dilesh

ohh.. i was under the impression that it was only an actual 'face-lift' that the newer car had.. didnt know about the newer engine. thanks!

but do you think the 1.0+ million premium (besides the actual 'newer' car) is worth it for the new face and engine upgrade? having experience with both, what do you say? :) Looks-wise, I DO like the newer face but not a million bucks worth )

In abstract, no, but in SL reality, yes. The engine difference is really noticeable. Its worth a significant difference in price. However, in terms of the actual premium, guess the buyer has to decide for themselves.

• 4 years later...

Once again I find myself in a position where an E30 might be an option... But now the problem is finding them! Where have all the good cars gone?

And Miniace, any idea where the 7878 316i is now? I Dont remember ever seeing it anywhere.....

Once again I find myself in a position where an E30 might be an option... But now the problem is finding them! Where have all the good cars gone?

And Miniace, any idea where the 7878 316i is now? I Dont remember ever seeing it anywhere.....

Mate I saw her last month parked in front of Bishops College Boyds place gate. Took a picture.

img00067201202101315.jpg

MINIACE

Had a E30 a few years back for 10 years and enjoyed every moment in it ! (16 - 8484)

Fully restored it (sold it in 2009) and now its in good hands. Through experience these cars have a high chance of rust specially in the fire wall area. Have seen many go through the same and even more surgery if neglected and not addressed immediately. Solidly built and may have initial costs as soon as you take ownership, just to ensure that everything has been attended according to taste and preference.

Things you might want to look out for :

1. Radiator leaks and everything relating to the the engine cooling system

2. AC related issues (switches, compressor, leaks, etc.)

3. Window regulators and the power window switches

4. Some had a big analog clock instead of the RPM meter in the dash

5. Wiper motors

6. Suspension bushes, arms, etc.

7. Alternator as the bearings if not replaced would have worn out due to age....

All in all good ride and much easier to maintain and run than new ones!

Good luck with your search !