• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Black Evo 6

cayman

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

it's on the classifieds, so this looks like a blatant plugging going on here.... much like we regularly do for the Z! :D

brings back memories of a certain "beat" :)

Personally I feel the price is a bit steep for a conversion considering the base car goes at about 1.1 million and it would have been that + parts + labour

The most interesting and tricky part of the conversion is the rear differential mount because the spare wheel bay of stock guys gets in the way and how well this has been done kind of defines the quality of the conversion I guess.

Edited by The Don

brings back memories of a certain "beat" :)

Personally I feel the price is a bit steep for a conversion considering the base car goes at about 1.1 million and it would have been that + parts + labour

The most interesting and tricky part of the conversion is the rear differential mount because the spare wheel bay of stock guys gets in the way and how well this has been done kind of defines the quality of the conversion I guess.

Very true about the fitment of the diff mount, NOT something that you'd want bodged up!

I believe Gtam might have driven this particular car... not entirely sure though. Have seen it around a few times, can definitely say that it is quick.

Yup this is a conversion done by Nadeera...nearly bought it last summer but price could not be agreed upon...the car hadnt been fully finished either when i wanted to get it so i let it go....its good but what i noticed when test driving it were that the 18'' OZ rims were slowing the car down badly it also was running standard boost at the time at around 0.6 bar boost and when given a hard run against my friends black STi 9 it got left pretty bad... the body is in overall good condition as everything is a compelete evo swap..however i was told that the car did have some issues once it was sold..and it was left or was in a garage again...if i remember right it was offered to me for around 3.4 mill last summer so a 2 lakh mark up now i guess is ok...laying it all on the line here since the person who started this thread WANTS to know about the car...so there u have it...

Very true about the fitment of the diff mount, NOT something that you'd want bodged up!

I believe Gtam might have driven this particular car... not entirely sure though. Have seen it around a few times, can definitely say that it is quick.

Yep that's the one. I believe the conversion was carried out very accurately and I actually saw some of it being done. Very quick as someone said it had non standard (comp) pistons at that time.... But Andrew could be very correct, the 18" OZs might be eating into initial acceleration.

It was offered to me at a very much lower price at that time and I was very very tempted after a hairy scary drive to Muskeliya in the pouring rain :D ! Unforgettable!

But in the end I could not live with the hard ride, heavy clutch and cheap interior on a daily basis. As I've also heard maintainence for such a high performance machine can't be cheap.

So maybe as a weekend car or track day car (We don't have track days in SL :( ). Any idea how much a non convert of similar vitage will cost? Or the equallent STi?

WRX's go for around 2.0 i guess. Depends very much on the condition of the car. Genuine STI's are probably a little more expensive.

BTW, there are a whole bunch of subaru WRX conversions hitting the market- so if you're looking at a car, make sure you validate authenticity if you want the real thing.

The term 'STI' is being used as a misnomer these days to sell any Subaru has an STI badge stuck on it.

Potential Buyers should note that an authentic STI has engine/ECU/gearbox/suspension/Drivetrain that is STI blueprinted.

The VIC (Vehicle Identitiy Code) should map correctly.

Best to check with the agents before you plonk your money down...

That said, Impreza Conversions are less complicated as the chassis is already pre-configured to take the AWD drivetrain- so there's no cutting/welding needed. Only thing missing are the correct structural re-inforcements.

Edited by gunat

laying it all on the line here since the person who started this thread WANTS to know about the car...so there u have it...

I'm all for it if you insist on guerrilla marketing. Devinda is different case, coz he clearly identifies that he is the owner and that its a plug. There is no problem being the owner and talking about the car on the forums.

The thing is, if its really someone who wants to know, he gets the proper picture. If its GM, it can blow up. We can't be sure in this case. So we shall assume its a genuine query for now.

In the off, I've seen the car while Nadeera was doing it too. Have pics of those first public outings. I like it. However, I do wish that it was properly advertised as a convert, rather than having an ad making it look like the genuine article. Specially if its to raise the price to some uninformed sucker. But thats just marketing, and that is no business of the marketplace, just between buyer and seller. This aint an exchange with strict trading requirements.

.... much like we regularly do for the Z! :D

:lol: no more of that since its staying

Peri , might require your services for a proper photoshoot,if you care to oblige, once the new rims come on and the interior is retrimmed toward the end of the month :)

Or the equallent STi?

Sti4's change hands for anywhere between 2~ 2.5 Million

and the 3's a tad south of that...

but since there aren't that many 5's or 6's here to begin with so its hard to speculate, but 3 million ought to buy something from the top end of the spectrum

Peri , might require your services for a proper photoshoot,if you care to oblige, once the new rims come on and the interior is retrimmed toward the end of the month :)

Absolutely. But think of a location. I doubt you'd want to bring that thirsty beast to Malabe and Indy Sq is shot to death.

Also, I should have my SLR later this month, so I'll use that. Hopefully get my hands on it before the start of next month, but that depends on factors.

If not, I'll try and borrow the 40D one of my friends got :D We need to evaluate that cam.

I believe its in the AL classifieds already.

If i'm not mistaken, its a conversion- however you can't tell, looking at the pics!

Infact its one of the Few Conversions which share a Front CK2A Front Chassis and a Evo 6 Rear Chassis.

WRX's go for around 2.0 i guess. Depends very much on the condition of the car. Genuine STI's are probably a little more expensive.

BTW, there are a whole bunch of subaru WRX conversions hitting the market- so if you're looking at a car, make sure you validate authenticity if you want the real thing.

The term 'STI' is being used as a misnomer these days to sell any Subaru has an STI badge stuck on it.

Potential Buyers should note that an authentic STI has engine/ECU/gearbox/suspension/Drivetrain that is STI blueprinted.

That said, Impreza Conversions are less complicated as the chassis is already pre-configured to take the AWD drivetrain- so there's no cutting/welding needed. Only thing missing are the correct structural re-inforcements.

Very True. I narrowly escaped a WRX 8 purchase when i saw that it had GC Chassis,

It should have been a GD

Hey Devinda- whats the car you're working on?

same ole machine machan - the 300zx :)

decided to hang onto it, so just got my self a set of stock GTR32 rims to replace the gaudy current set and i'm planning on a few minor improvements over the course of the next few weeks...

Absolutely. But think of a location. I doubt you'd want to bring that thirsty beast to Malabe and Indy Sq is shot to death.

Also, I should have my SLR later this month, so I'll use that. Hopefully get my hands on it before the start of next month, but that depends on factors.

If not, I'll try and borrow the 40D one of my friends got :D We need to evaluate that cam.

Excellent :D

i actually wouldn't mind driving upto Malabe on a sunday or something - i've never been on that road and wouldn't mind a leisurely drive :)

i'll drop u msg once everything is in order - the rims should be on by the ned of the week - i have a feeling you (and most others) will quite approve! :D

hey Peri,

is this the same vehicle that was at the Waters edge races in 2006... (remember?) cos the rims look pretty similar though.

Yup, I think thats it. Should be in the gallery somewhere. Colombo Supercross, if memory serves.

same ole machine machan - the 300zx :)

decided to hang onto it, so just got my self a set of stock GTR32 rims to replace the gaudy current set and i'm planning on a few minor improvements over the course of the next few weeks...

Sounds good! looking forward to seeing the new pics.

Machan,

How much will be genuine Evo VII/ VIII cost in SL? what sort of market STi going for? thanks.

Most of the Drag cars are conversions, even mine is a conversion but i dnt see any different between conversions and original cars, conversions are fast as original cars , and they Handle like originals,

If the conversion is done 100% to original spec...suppose there is nothing to worry about then. Only if a buyer wants the real thing, should they be diligent.

I totally agree, u need to use Propere Engine Oil, Diff oils, and gear box oils, and the conversion need to be done in a perfect way, not a cheep way, some people do conversions only swaping the Diff, G Box and Engine, but to do a propere conversion u need to get the original Dash board, seats, even the pedels, some comes with Aluminum guards for Diff and Sump

BTW gunat i like to see a pic of ur STi, btw is ur car parked at Nadimala ?

Edited by GihanFX