• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Brunei Sultan's Automotive Empire

dihan

• 2 years later...
This is a $1,000,000 highly modded 1995 Rolls-Royce Silver Spirit MKIV recently spotted in London. It was customized by Indian firm DC Designs and is rumored to belong to the Sultan of Brunei's family.

rolsdfglssp4.jpg

rolsdfglssp4.th.jpg

Looks like a 350Z with a custom front & back to me...

Looks like a 350Z with a custom front & back to me...

i know...seemed to me like 350z too..particularly regarding the fact that the silver spirit was a four door sedan

but a lot of websites published these pics some months ago saying this was a modded rolls....migt be a glorious hoax

http://www.automotto.org/entry/1995-rolls-...a-bad-facelift/

http://www.geekologie.com/2008/07/sickly_m...royce_spott.php

http://blog.cardomain.com/blog/rollsroyce/

http://www.ballerride.com/2008/07/18/milli...or-monstrosity/

Edited by HelRazor

i know...seemed to me like 350z too..particularly regarding the fact that the silver spirit was a four door sedan

but a lot of websites published these pics some months ago saying this was a modded rolls....migt be a glorious hoax

then again the company that designed it seems very genuine

www.dcdesign.co.in

DC Design

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

DC Design is an Indian design firm from Mumbai which is noted for their concept cars and prototypes. The firm, founded in 1993, is headed by designer Dilip Chhabria, and under a contract with Ford Motor Company built the first Aston Martin AMV8 Vantage prototype featured at the 2003 Detroit Auto Show.[1]

The company also builds custom special order vehicles,[2] such as a modified Porsche Cayenne coupe,[3] and a modified Rolls Royce coupe.[4] In August 2006, the company announced a partnership with Eximstar, an ETA Group company, to build a 500,000-square-foot (46,000 m2) production facility in Dubai.[5] The facility, scheduled to open in 2007, will produce custom luxury cars.

the guys are fairly big in India - they were giving away some one-off he'd desgined as part of some special promo (can't remeber what the company was :unsure: ) - the car looked a smidge like an R8 if i recall right

but in general his designs i find to be rather repulsive!

i'm sorry! i'm sorry! but i just have to blow your bubble here. first of all this so called rolls. its truly vulgar. i dont know how long that car was left parked there but the photos must have been taken before it was covered with eggs and tomatos. no other car in the world can wear such a pompous radiator grille cos its just too vulgar and osentatious. and im suprised whoever dressed up their datsun in a rolls suit was say, "modest" enough to paint it in black without having a garish colour like gold.

ok now i'll explain why the owner needs to get his head sorted out. u got a 350z n u need to improve the looks. but why? the 350z is already a rather handsome car so why change its looks at all. but then he decides to commit sacrilege and install a mock rolls grille up front. there's absolutely no way a car could wear such an in your face grille in modern times. if it was the 60s or the 70s people would worship it. in fact someone famous mounted a rolls grille in front of his beetle back then. he got away with it. but this the 21st century. people hate showoffs and wannabes. the only reason we dont mind this grille on an actual rolls is because its a rolls. and a rolls wouldnt look proper with the upright chrome grille and the spirit of ecstasy on top. and it doesnt work on any other car. i mean who else has the pedigree and the history to wear such a flambouyant bonnet mascot? then he puts it on a car that has the profile view of, again, a beetle. rollers are upright wedges. they have been and always will be. they've never built an aerodynamic shape even as a concept. if he wanted to fool us he might have well put it up on a london bus. and then look at those wheels. seems like he's nicked them from a Jay-Zed film set.

as for the company. i'll trust indians to design my sarong. but not my car. have you ever seen a indian built car thats seriously good looking? scorpio??? i dont think so. look at the cars they've built, the ones they've built with no input from major manufacturers. they are just a random selection of common aftermarket parts. if they think this datsun roller would serve as a company demo car i'll have pic of my own bottom as a showcase of my company's excellence.

what bothers me is they could have seriously fooled us had they passed it as a maybach (remember the excelero). but instead they went for the most established marque in the history motoring. dumb tw*ts