• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Why Do The Cops Hate Modified Cars???

Marlons

Somebody said about bikers overtaking cars when they are making a turn....

Maybe you had nut case biker to do that

once a Subaru Wagon overtook a bike when the bike making a turn, actually the subaru was driven by a lady and fortunatly not big damage to the bike and little injuries to the 2 on the bike,

yes some Bikers make mistakes and some vehicle drivers make mistakes too, but we cant point and say only these make mistakes, like peri said its depend on the people who drive the vehicle, several times newly registerd marutis tryed to race with me on the road, its maybe thats his or her first car and they think their vehicle is faster than a blue color subaru lol, some QQ's and Corolas also try to race with me , and i just let them go cus its gud for my helth, but once when i gave the room to a Toyota Corolla he try to cut me and overtake then i teached him a v gud lession but most of the time i let them go

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a bad experience with one of the Motor Bike guys;

I was driving towards Rajagiriya and this biker guy was in my behind and wanted to over take me not from right side but from the left. so i was in my track and this biker guy suddenly over took me from my left side and hit on a bump and fell off top of my bonnet.

That time me and my wife were in the car and he started throwing "@#$%^&*(" at me said that i did not allow him space to overtake. I just don’t wanted to get involve any since my wife was there.

So, who is WRONG here? Can they overtake in left and if something happen will the Police or the LAW will work for us?

---

From the legal point of view, the guy was in the wrong, and was trying to intimidate you into not going formal with the cops on that. Met with that attitude a few times myself. Difficult to say a course of action, coz you need to be there and take various factors in to account. However, even if you take no action on the scene, always note down the number and make a statement at the cop shed. I believe the term is "Mathu arakshawa pilibandawa". Means ur covered just in case guy tries to pull a fast one by going to the cops and claiming you cut him off or summin.

BTW, you could also say you don't care about his hurry, that you are obeying the speed limit and he was speeding to overtake, and if he wants to travel on the road faster then he would be speeding. That depends on how brave you feel at the time.

Well guys thanks for all the comments.I did speak to one of ma father friends who is a ASP in the fort police. He said according to the correct law there is a standard font that should be used in vehicles (BS!!!). So basically there is a law on that.

I have no clue about the exhaust thing as yet and i think thats crap too, we spend our life savings on upgrading our cars and after going through garage KATU and stuff, they want us to remove them. NO WAY IN HELL.

Well to be honest there are certain times where i do drive a lyl crazy, mostly to do withwhen there are motorist who have enough of space in front but goes on the middle of the road and lets no one over take them which is very annoying. Yes i have cut accross on those people. (like i said its very annoying)

If they are nt willing to let us overtake well we dont have anyother option.

A lyl advice to all the guys who do have modified cars PLS TRY TO AVOIDE THE DUPLICATION ROAD SPECIALLY DA JUNTION AND NEAR STONE N STRING. (THIS IS WHEN YOU ARE GOING TOWARDS BAMBA) I HAVE BEEN CAUGHT BY THE SAME COPS EVERYTIME I PASS THAT AREA COZ I WORK IN KOLLPITTY)

THEY WILL FINE YOU FOR SOMETHING OR THE OTHER. IF THEY DNT FIND ANYTHING EASILY THEY'LL WALK AROUND THE CAR AND FIND FOR SOMETHING OR THE OTHER.

How true. IMHO we should stop these ads where they show motorbike doin sum crazy stuff. Its effecting the riders as it does to our women who watches "Mahagedara".

Some riders even blody overtakes when ur about 2 turn to a side road. Ohhh at such times the amount of filth that fills in my mouth. :action-smiley-088:

Main problem is that there no discipline, no respect, no guidance, no self control among our drivers n not to mention pedestrians.

There is a positive side though. That is 99% of our drivers have lightning reactions. If you use the same techniques in another country it’ll end up in a pileup.

Anyways rnt we going off theTopic.

IMO police luv fining mod cars cus they might b under de influence that if ur spending so much for ur car whts wrong in payin a small fine.

o/t, but I couldn't help notice you little pic on the sig guru :D

how rude :P

(just kidding mate)

wrong bro...there's is a law and one cop was quite friendly enough show it to me from the rule book and not give me a ticker for riding on the right hand side. Mind you i was doing over 100 with my headlights on :lol:

according to this law... on a two lane road, in my case it was near toyota lanka wattala, you can't drive/ride on the right hand side of the lane if the left hand side of the lane is vacant. basically you can only use the right hand side lane to overtake a slower moving vehicle...

I managed to butter up the cop and bugger off without a ticket but they cant give you ticket for not sticking to this rule.

oh..wow....didn't know that....

but i guess with the number of bicycles (unmotored), tractors, lorries etc that are frequent in the left lane, one can always get-away-with an "i was over taking" theory.... :alc:

oh..wow....didn't know that....

but i guess with the number of bicycles (unmotored), tractors, lorries etc that are frequent in the left lane, one can always get-away-with an "i was over taking" theory.... :alc:

had encountered with bikers on yesterday and day before. Day before a biker knocked from behind and ran away. somehow managed to catch the bugger after chasing abt just 100 meters from the incident and blasted. I didn't want any damage claim and I don't have a practice of claiming the damage from the other driver but I expect the courtesy to accept the fault or apologize. That these bikers don't have. Not all of them but most I encountered with.

and on yesterday another one didn't want to give way when I was overtaking. I honked, signaled and then overtook this one but when trying to shift back to the left lane after overtaking this bugger didn't allow me to do so and was riding par with the car and i had the fear of him get knocked down and at last i had to shift back to 2nd and rev some few thousand RPM's and with tire screeching pickup over take him. :violent-smiley-030:

Edited by harshansenadhir

hi machang,

i was just follwoing the thread.. this usually happens in the night, and on weekends.. its a usual thing for these no good low down SOB's to do that.. i have this filter which i got made from the guy at pamakanda bridge.. it fits into your tail and muffles the sound quite a bit.. its a good idea to fix this on friday nights and saturday nights... but it wont muffel the sound if u go over 4000 RPM.. but on low stuff it will.. i have a straight through HKS tail.. which i payed heavily to fix.. and as u said i aint gonna take it off to idiots.. and its tested below the DB level for australia and other countries.. especiall the US...

have this filter which i got made from the guy at pamakanda bridge.. it fits into your tail and muffles the sound quite a bit

machan this sounds like a very interesting contraption - how does it work ?

would it be possible to post a picture of it - and how do you go about installing it??

you can remove it when you please is it?

i've been looking for a way to tame the noise on the Z for sometime now, without having to actually replace the mufflers

would really appreciate more info , picture and if possible how much you had to spend on this device

thanx

well the guy that did is the guy near pamakada bridge.. its small filter that fits in the back for your muffler... but the downside is that they have to measire the area of your exhaust tip... yes it can be removed.. and put back easily... i will post some pics of it when i get home... i think it costs me around 2000 bucks at that time...

sorry thats not a downside.. what i meant was they sometimes need to take ur exhaust off your vehicle..

Even i heard something like this. but, will it block the gas coming out of your exhaust? some people say its not good to fit in. what is your experience about it?

I think this is the one am i right??

3306-RA071-2T.jpg

not tokyo drift... cant drift with our FWD's u know... anyway.. i posted my one.. as u can see its very home made.. but it works... its not good for long rides... u can just use it when u need it.. u just need to push it into you exhaust... it wont trap the smoke.. it just muffles the sound...

08052008358ss4.th.jpg

08052008359ev6.th.jpg

08052008360xv7.th.jpg

08052008361uv5.th.jpg

hmmm looks rather rudimentary , but hey if it does the job i guess its fine :)

well its locally made.. i think DJ shan's one is a proffesioanlly made one.. the problem is we have different tip sizes.. and its hard to get an off the shelf one.. and i dont think u can find.. to be fair to my filter.. its over three years old now.. it was quite shinny when i got it..

but it does the job pretty well...

well its locally made.. i think DJ shan's one is a proffesioanlly made one.. the problem is we have different tip sizes.. and its hard to get an off the shelf one.. and i dont think u can find.. to be fair to my filter.. its over three years old now.. it was quite shinny when i got it..

but it does the job pretty well...

i'm just wondering how feasible it would be to four of those made for each tip... :unsure:

i'm just wondering how feasible it would be to four of those made for each tip... :unsure:

well i dont think u need to get four.. why not get two and see.. because this is not something permanant,. and its doest need to get completly silenced..

Good shit guys. Most of us who are having this problem should get something of the sort. i also heard another opption where we can cover the exhaust with a tin part and make small holes in it for the smoke to go out and cuts the sound down.

Will get ur'll no more about it. Thanks for all the replies too.