• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Senna- Its Been 14 Years

May 1st marked the 14th death anniversary of the Great Ayrton Senna. Still remember the day very well.. just watched the TV stunned. The death of a dream driver in a dream car. L Just found a few tributes to him on the net that have been posted over the years, thought a thread on AL would be nice, if anyone wants to day something of a tribute to the man.

http://www.ayrton-senna.com/s-files/mail07.html - check out the site its got some great info on the outcomes of the investigation into he's death

Ayrton Senna: His eyes and his smile are still in our hearts and will be there forever... All my love and respect for the driver and the MAN.

Cheyenne

Today is the 9th anniversary of Ayrton's death. It is a sad day for Brazilians like me and for all the fans of Formula 1. It took me 4 years to be able to watch a race again after Ayrton's accident and it was never the same. And I have been a Formula 1 fan since 1978.

I still remember how he drove in Monaco in the middle of a thunderstorm with his Toleman. He should have won the race, but officials decided to suspend it when he was about to pass Alain Prost. I remember his first victory driving a Lotus in Estoril... a perfect race. I remember when he won in Sao Paulo and the crowd literally carried him on their shoulders. I am sure that was the highest point of his career.

I still remember the way he conquered his four championships despite Jean-Marie Balestre deciding to hand one of them to Alain Prost. Our Sundays were never the same after his departure. I still remember when I turned on the TV on that Sunday morning and listened to the astonished TV announcer saying that Senna was injured. He could hardly control his tears, just as millions of people around the world. The image of Ayrton being assisted by the medical crew is still in my mind. I went to a soccer stadium one week later in Brazil and the crowd chanted "Senna, Senna..." for 15 minutes. Many were crying.

Ayrton was not just a great driver. He had passion. He was generous and knew exactly his role in this world: to bring joy to all racing fans... And to make many poor Brazilian families happier.

The purpose of this e-mail is not to compare Senna to any driver because he is beyond them all. But for those who think Schumacher is the greatest, I would say two things:

1) I still remember Schumacher celebrating his victory in San Marino after Senna's death. Strange behaviour, to say the least.

2) The fact that Schumacher won the last race in San Marino after his mother's death does not surprise me. That's what he learned to do: to drive well and to ignore emotions. Schumacher will never be close to what Senna was.

Glory days when Senna was still alive. Formula 1 will never be the same. Neither will many of us.

Ronaldo

It will be nearly nine years since the tragic passing of the best Formula 1 driver of our generation - Ayrton Senna da Silva! I have been watching F1 since I was nine years old and believe F1 hasn't been and never will be the same. The era and rivalries of Senna, Mansell, Prost, Piquet, etc. will be awfully difficult to replace, if at all. While times change and new, talented drivers emerge from all over the world, (as Juan Pablo Montoya, Kimi Raikkonen, etc.) we must not forget Ayrton Senna --- who not only was a true racing champion, but also THE ambassador to F1.

Ayrton Senna was to motor racing what Pele was to soccer. (It's just a coincidence that they are both Brazilian.) I, with probably many others around the world, would if we could, turn back the hands of time on that dreadful day on 1 May 1994. Unfortunately, nothing will bring Ayrton back. Nobody will top Senna's achievements, not even M Schumacher, who is a great driver, but does not come close to Senna's ability and dynamics.

Let us pay homage to the best of all time -- Ayrton Senna da Silva. There will never be anyone like him again.

Patrick

I was just thinking on the good/bad things that happened today and I remembered we're one day short of the worst 'anniversary' day ever. I still get the tears in my eyes, whenever I think of him - but I wouldn't want it any different. Time goes by ... but not the memory ... it's still everywhere inside. And it's also in my son's name ...

I felt like going on the Net, to distract, to relive, and entered the Web site. And I just felt like talking ...

Stephan

Thanks for a brilliant site - it is nice to know that in today's fast moving world some of us still stop and think for a while - we still remember ... I cannot believe that 9 years have passed since Ayrton died. I was sitting at work today making appointments in my manager's diary and just as my eye caught the date 1st May 2003 my heart skipped a beat or two and I instantly felt sad. My hero is no more and I miss him.

I sometimes ruefully smile to myself when I see the state F1 is in today - I am still a fan - Rubens Barrichello and Michael Schumacher at Ferrari are who I support nowadays - but I guess a little less fervently than I used to support Ayrton. I often catch myself during a race thinking I wonder what Ayrton would have to say about this or that! To all my fellow Ayrton Senna da Silva fans and to this administrators of this site - thanks for keeping his memory alive.

Ayrton: "I hope you are at peace with your God - we miss you".

Gillian

Life and death, energy and peace. If I stop today, it was still worth it. Even the terrible mistakes that I have made and would have unmade if I could. The pains that have burned me and scarred my soul, it was worth it, for having been allowed to walk where I walked. Which was to hell on earth, heaven on earth, back again, into, under, far in between, through it, in it, and above...

In memory of Ayrton Senna 1994-2003 Always in my heart.

Ivan from Croatia

My name is Mili I live in Montenegro ex Yugoslavia. Here I am today working in my office and remembering this day 9 years ago, it was the saddest day of my life. My hero was dead and never to be seen again waving his Brazilian flag, tragic, sad, a catastrophe!

Although years pass so fast that one can hardly keep up with the memories of the past time, my memory of Ayrton Senna is still here alive and real. So I would like today to pay him a tribute in remembrance of his life and all the joy that he gave to all of us, devoted fans.

"I know that you are resting now in God's arms away from the pain and sufferance's of this world, may your soul be surrounded by the peace and harmony of heaven." Always in my heart!

Mili

I just wanted to say that as a Brazilian citizen I still wait for another super-hero. Unfortunately my country has never shown another magical sportsman to the world as Ayrton Senna da Silva, o BECO". As a F1 fan I feel that a pilot, a driver like Senna only appears once. This means that we will never again see someone like him in motor racing.

In nine days time it will complete nine years of his death and still I look for a hero. Senna was not only Brazilian, like me. Senna was not only born in the same town, as me. Senna was a citizen of the world. Senna was the only citizen of the world. There will be nobody like him in any sports.

Senna, espero que você descanse em paz onde estiver. Você sempre será lembrado como um grande brasileiro, um grande paulistano e um grande corinthiano.

Alisson

2003/05/01

Hi, I am from Brasil, and I'm surprised with this Ayrton Senna site as it is full of Senna archives. To see this, make me sad but happy at the same time, because Ayrton Senna left us too soon. And this lost is irreplaceable to Brasil and to all the world. We, with good hearts, are more alone in the earth, day-by-day.

Thanks for the tribute to Senna

Bye my friends.

Quinho

I still miss Ayrton Senna! I ALWAYS will... I hope to come to Brasil some day and sit and visit with him. The face, the hair, he will be 34 years old forever. TIMELESS!

One thing I hope for. People seem to want to avoid the photos of his brief "Williams" era. They the love Lotus and McLaren photos. But to me, I will FOREVER see him in that Blue and White Williams driver suit. Those colors went BEST with the color of his helmet. And his Williams-era helmet design was my all-time FAVORITE! SOMEDAY, I HOPE there will be a book, that collects as MANY of his Williams-era photos as can be found. I KNOW there MUST be a LOT! I KNOW there are all "out there", we just never see them. Put them ALL in a book and call it: "Ayrton Senna....A Brief Moment in Time". He's gone now. We MUST cherish EVERY moment of his F1 life, and his WHOLE life.....PERIOD!

Ivan

I had the pleasure of having a personalised autograph from Ayrton Senna himself right after he won his first World Championship in 1988. At that time he was in Melbourne waiting to catch a flight back to Brazil from Adelaide but it was my cousin and my sister who got his autograph for me. They recognised him and bought a F1 magazine for him to autograph which he carefully turned the page until he saw his own photo and signed on it. I went to my first GP in Adelaide 1990 and was very excited because Senna's car was the first I saw passing me while I walked onto the track. The man has touched our lives in different ways.

About the accident, I say that a driver of Senna's skill and experience make no mistakes (Not driver error). For me the truth about what happened on 1st May 1994 is not important. The accident has claimed the life of the greatest driver Formula One has ever seen and we should just remember that he died doing what he does best... being first/leading the race.

I don't care how many races Schumacher has won or how many championships he has, if Senna was around he would whip his ass. Formula One has not been interesting for me anymore since that day. I really miss not seeing the famous Yellow Helmet. I guess if Senna were alive today, he would have been retired by now but nevertheless it would have stopped Schumacher from winning so many races.

Ayrton Senna will live long in our memories and I will tell my children and grandchildren about the greatest Formula One driver of all time.

Aylwin

Ayrton - Simply the Best forever! F1 was much different because HE was the difference. Ayrton we never forget you...

Angelo from Italy.

Ayrton is still the fastest formula 1 driver ever. He realised 63 pole positions in 10 years time. With the heavy concurrence of Prost, Mansell, Piquet and at the end Schumacher!!! This is a really amazing record and I don't think it will be broken. It's a shame that Ayrton is dead.

Pedro

I just wanted to thank you for providing this fantastic Senna site. I'm sure Ayrton is looking down on you thanking you. ;)

I live in Australia and was 10 years old when the accident occurred. I grew up with Senna and never missed a race. He really was in a league of his own. I saw the accident live on TV and my heart stopped... Murray Walker screaming "SENNA, I don't know what happened there!" will stay in my mind forever. Seeing Senna slumped to the side in the car was one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen. Racing will never be the same again.

Thanks again for the great site!!

SENNA FOREVER!!

Will

I rememeber seeing this on TV... at 14 years ago, that'd make me pretty darn young :) it was the 6.00 or 6.30pm tamil news on Rupawahini... i didnt understand a word, but i was so SO shocked myself.... kinda the time i lost interest in F1...

I rememeber seeing this on TV... at 14 years ago, that'd make me pretty darn young :) it was the 6.00 or 6.30pm tamil news on Rupawahini... i didnt understand a word, but i was so SO shocked myself.... kinda the time i lost interest in F1...

Yeah I remember it too. The greatest F1 driver ever!!!

@ Dilesh- You were 9 years old when you lost interest in F1? :) Anyway remember seeing it live during the early days of ETV I think..

@ Memphis- a bit of trivia, that quote in your signature, do you know in what context he made that comment? It was at Monaco I belive

i can still remember how i found out....

...i had to read out the weeks news highlights for assembly at school and i turned on the TV to find out about the crash... i was never really heavily into F1 & still am not , but Senna was someone special - not just on the track as good driver , but off it in the real world , where he was a great human being...

even as a 10 year old reading out arbitary snippets of news to his peers, i was quite upset that this world had lost a good one....but i guess in the grand scheme of things , he is resting in the arms of his maker...

@ Memphis- a bit of trivia, that quote in your signature, do you know in what context he made that comment? It was at Monaco I belive

It was when he went into a trance of sorts whilst driving wasn't it - i can't recall when or where i heard this, but this was supposedly his reply when everyone inquired about his supposed drop or spike in his heart rate and other vitals which led the team to assume he's passed out at the wheel in certain sections of the track...but apparently it turned out to be the great man pushing the limits of human physiology and taking focus and concentration to the highest possible echelon

Pilla, where these the circumstances which led to Senna’s statement? :unsure:

a legend in car racing an untimely death ... one of the best drivers to hit the sean and a good man out side and inside the track ... there r some stories regarding his death guess u can find more abt it if u did some googling ... but no dought if he was alive he would be the man to beat .... i was 9 i guess when i saw his death on TV :(

good to see there r stil followers of him and his way of life ....

sennaa94003dr7.jpg

sennaa94003dr7.efa8daab78.jpg

guess no one wil forget this image for a long time ...... i never forgot

do u kw any place where we can see the accident ...... is it uploaded on utube ?

Edited by kotte mafia

If you can get a hold of it, watch a documentary movie called 'A Star Called Senna'. It details his development as a driver from his youth in Brazil, to the period in England, and onto F1. They interview his family and friends, team-mates etc. and give you a real insight into the man. Especially memorable are the rare archived footage, his explanations of how he scares himself by having out of body experiences while qualifying (he really was the greatest qualifier ever), and his battles with Alain Prost as well as Jean-Marie Balestre, the President of the FIA at the time. Really, it is a phenomenal piece of work, which can be expected given the subject matter.

It was in Monaco but can't remember the exact context though ...

It was when he went into a trance of sorts whilst driving wasn't it - i can't recall when or where i heard this, but this was supposedly his reply when everyone inquired about his supposed drop or spike in his heart rate and other vitals which led the team to assume he's passed out at the wheel in certain sections of the track...but apparently it turned out to be the great man pushing the limits of human physiology and taking focus and concentration to the highest possible echelon

Pilla, where these the circumstances which led to Senna’s statement? :unsure:

Yes. He said he was reaching another level- an out of body experience, where he could see himself driving he's car as he was pushing so hard. It was Monaco, in a Mclaren and he pulled out of the lap so the story the story goes... FU*K! Imagine that! wait I'll try and fine the exact article....

As in one the posts... I just hate the way MS Celebrated the GP win- I think that was the first time I started hating the man...

If you can get a hold of it, watch a documentary movie called 'A Star Called Senna'. It details his development as a driver from his youth in Brazil, to the period in England, and onto F1. They interview his family and friends, team-mates etc. and give you a real insight into the man. Especially memorable are the rare archived footage, his explanations of how he scares himself by having out of body experiences while qualifying (he really was the greatest qualifier ever), and his battles with Alain Prost as well as Jean-Marie Balestre, the President of the FIA at the time. Really, it is a phenomenal piece of work, which can be expected given the subject matter.

A Star Named Ayrton Senna:

51ey7vh6s8lss500cv7.jpg

51ey7vh6s8lss500cv7.12ae338f8e.jpg

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NUBbrYKSHc&feature=user

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEkaTT7BSug&feature=user

Part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkkeVmT8z_4&feature=user

Part 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3WNQZjbzmA&feature=user

Part 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUJNk8HpqBM

Part 6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55P7hsh2unM

Part 7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii0AQDlNWMU

Part 8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzJ1KDZggU4

Part 9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xRV7SHAiO4

Part 10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-EBGuWw_oE

Part 11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GciWnw3Oodg

Part 12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAsY4wXeh7E

Edited by Devinda_Z

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...

Has anyone found a download link/torrent for the Senna movie,the ones that are available on Piratebay are sadly in Spanish.

BTW The subscribers of the Top Gear mag will be getting a free DVD of the movie along with this months issue.If anyone here is a subscriber,please let ol' MD burn a copy of it ok.

EDIT: oops sorry,The TG mag DVD is only a preview,not the full movie.

Edited by MasterDon

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...