• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Hrv Gear Box .

satyajit

hi,

My HRV Auto gear box makes a knocking sound when speeding up. I am told that the Auto Gear Box which is CVT and common to many Hondas has a design FAULT! However I have changed to a special Honda Transmission oil but the problem remains. There is also a replacement kit for the gear box which is costly & NO guarantee can be given to eleminate this problem.

Can anyone suggest a good mechanic or some advice to eleminate this stutering sound?

Satyajit.

This is a born problem of HRV. One of my friend got it repaired from Stafford and the problem came back after some time.

Now he is going to replace with a manual gear box.

Regards,

Jagath

hi,

My HRV Auto gear box makes a knocking sound when speeding up. I am told that the Auto Gear Box which is CVT and common to many Hondas has a design FAULT! However I have changed to a special Honda Transmission oil but the problem remains. There is also a replacement kit for the gear box which is costly & NO guarantee can be given to eleminate this problem.

Can anyone suggest a good mechanic or some advice to eleminate this stutering sound?

Satyajit.

It's a common fault in all the Honda multimatic gearboxes. HRVs seem to be more prone possibly because of the heavier weight.

Usually fixed by installing the 'Starter Clutch Repair Kit'. Used to cost around 70k plus installation at Stafford.

Edited by nira74

can make it run up 2 50t km max with few small things..r u getting the jerk whn u put to d n rev it..

can make it run up 2 50t km max with few small things..r u getting the jerk whn u put to d n rev it..

Hi BoyZ!

U R DEAD RIGHT!!!!! So it is a COMMON problem. Is it BAD to run like this if the REPLACEMENT KIT does NOT give a SURE FIX? Who does this swapping from AUTO to MANUAL & what is the COST like???

Before calling Zakkie,whos who is this guy????

Any "GODA WEDAKAMA" for this bloddy JERK??????

Satyajit.

Must say that the manual HRV is a rock solid reliable vehicle. Used one previously for 3 years from unregistered and the only repair I ever did on it was replacing one side rear brake washers. The pickup was great and the best thing was the ground clearance. Took it all over SL without any issues. Changed the manual transmission fluid to mobile fully synthetic when I got it and mind you this was quite economical since the gearbox only takes 1.8 ltrs of fluid. This was guranteed for 50000kms. Only used Mobil 1 on the vehicle.

Noticed that its on sale now on the forum used by a guy from HS*C he he

Cheers,

MadMMx

• 5 months later...