• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Can I Tint My Car Windows?

urajdrlk

Can I tint my car windows? Is there a limit? Full tinted glasses are prohibited or not?

Full tint is afaik

Tinting of the front windows is not allowed , but they do allow tinting of the rear windows upto some extend i think :unsure:

just search the forum - i think this matter was discussed sometime back...

Can I tint my car windows? Is there a limit? Full tinted glasses are prohibited or not?

Front - 6 Inch thick beam 100% Allowed

Front Sides - 40% tint Allowed

Rear Sides - 100% Allowed

Rear - 100% Allowed

This info I got from a Officer(Traffic S.I)he mentioned this is how its worded in their books.[/font]

Edited by priya

Rear - 100% Allowed

This info I got from a Officer(Traffic S.I)he mentioned this is how its worded in their books.[/font]

ya....

Rear - 100% Allowed

I also done Front Sides - 40%, Rear Sides - 100% & Rear - 100% , but at night even the front 40% is like 100% and with the full 100% rear its very dificult to reverse the car

Edited by GihanFX

I also done Front Sides - 40%, Rear Sides - 100% & Rear - 100% , but at night even the front 40% is like 100% and with the full 100% rear its very dificult to reverse the car

Fully agree! :angry-smiley-048: Even day looka like night at times.

Fully agree! :angry-smiley-048: Even day looka like night at times.

i have 60% summin at the back and it's pretty ok to reverse in the night... but when it's raining, can't see $hit :)

• 2 years later...

<!--quoteo(post=69923:date=May 23 2008, 12:24 AM:name=urajdrlk)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(urajdrlk @ May 23 2008, 12:24 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=69923"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Can I tint my car windows? Is there a limit? Full tinted glasses are prohibited or not?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Rear - 100% Allowed

Be careful their book is not always right.Once when I was driving my vehicle one police man stopped me near Town hall and told me my tinted vehicle is not upto standard and ask me to remove them in front of him or he will charge me.I refused both and ask for his senior. Luckily that time there was a friend of mine who worked around (police).

My tinted glasses was up-to standard but How can we prove that on the road ?

Be careful their book is not always right.Once when I was driving my vehicle one police man stopped me near Town hall and told me my tinted vehicle is not upto standard and ask me to remove them in front of him or he will charge me.I refused both and ask for his senior. Luckily that time there was a friend of mine who worked around (police).

My tinted glasses was up-to standard but How can we prove that on the road ?

Check dates on posts before you reply to them. The post that you're quoting is nearly 3 years old, the laws have changed since then.

<!--quoteo(post=69923:date=May 23 2008, 12:24 AM:name=urajdrlk)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(urajdrlk @ May 23 2008, 12:24 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=69923"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Can I tint my car windows? Is there a limit? Full tinted glasses are prohibited or not?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Rear - 100% Allowed

I think you got most of the tinted restrictions right...Isn't it 30% for front sides?...anyway never know..coz..laws are changing every other day...I have done to my car 30% ..just to be in safe side... :unsure:

Rear - 100% Allowed

friend are you 100% sure that the front sides are 40% allowed?

friends theres a shop called 3M auto tint.pretty sure you all are already aware of this one...

they have a special tint which is totally transparent...

they have the samples.im sure that they are legal cos they are transparent but the thing is for our N17, only for the windscreen they asked around 12,000/=

Edited by M navy

k then what is the present rule regarding window tinting?

Absolutely no tint on front windows. Can go as dark as u want on all others. If you're related to a minister or knows higher ups, then you're excluded from this law that applies to all Sri Lankan citizens. I see more than a handful of vehicles with dark tints on front windows every single day during my daily commute.