• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Emission Test Places

ferrarif50

hi all,

where can i do a emission test here in SL? does laughs do? and whats the procedure and what needs to be done before the test, how much they charge ?

found these on web, does the same ratings apply here ? any idea?

http://www.vcacarfueldata.org.uk/information/emissions.asp

thanks all ....

There is a place in darly road. I don’t remember the name of that place. (green or something like that.) but when I was calling there they not started. There were doing test on there staff vehicles only. But I don’t know now it started to test other vehicles.

Plz put phone number if someone know that place.

hi all,

where can i do a emission test here in SL? does laughs do? and whats the procedure and what needs to be done before the test, how much they charge ?

found these on web, does the same ratings apply here ? any idea?

http://www.vcacarfueldata.org.uk/information/emissions.asp

thanks all ....

I had the ratings or rather the parameters they said they would be testing on for both Petrol and Diesel , but don't have them in soft copy form :(

let me see if i can find them...

When i asked them if the standards were in line with EURO II , III or IV etc. , the bloke at the stall looked at me as if i'd spoken some other language! :blink:

his reply was a unsuprising - "Govt give us numbers"

:lol:

my guess it that the standards they intend to apply would be lesser if not equal to EURO II - theres no way the bulk of the vehicles here ,Diesels esp. , will be able to meet anything higher! :mellow:

I had the ratings or rather the parameters they said they would be testing on for both Petrol and Diesel , but don't have them in soft copy form :(

let me see if i can find them...

When i asked them if the standards were in line with EURO II , III or IV etc. , the bloke at the stall looked at me as if i'd spoken some other language! :blink:

his reply was a unsuprising - "Govt give us numbers"

:lol:

my guess it that the standards they intend to apply would be lesser if not equal to EURO II - theres no way the bulk of the vehicles here ,Diesels esp. , will be able to meet anything higher! :mellow:

thanks for the info devinda.... btw did u pass the test ???

Guys.. do we have to do an emissions test to renew road licence?

well that was supposedly the case and this scheme was supposed to come into play in April this year, but hasn't thus far afaik

I read somehwere that one reason for the delay was regarding the approval for the equipment cuz of two types of machines that were supposed to be used there was apparently was someway to manipulate the outcomes of the testing....

The plan was intially mooted back in 2002/3 with the backing of the Americans...

well that was supposedly the case and this scheme was supposed to come into play in April this year, but hasn't thus far afaik

I read somehwere that one reason for the delay was regarding the approval for the equipment cuz of two types of machines that were supposed to be used there was apparently was someway to manipulate the outcomes of the testing....

The plan was intially mooted back in 2002/3 with the backing of the Americans...

Call Cleanco pvt ltd (Drivegreen) on 4880000 and speak to the general manager Mr Joel Peter.He will arrange free testing prior to it becoming mandatory from the 15 th of july. The managing director is Asgi Akbarally who owns vintage cars. 40 stations island wide are ready to commence operations and he will give you the addresses. The emmission standards have been set high, so as not to create a social problem by many vehicles failing,in the 1st year. it is estimated that only the worst 5% will be failed in the 1st year and then the standards lowered.

Call Cleanco pvt ltd (Drivegreen) on 4880000 and speak to the general manager Mr Joel Peter.He will arrange free testing prior to it becoming mandatory from the 15 th of july. The managing director is Asgi Akbarally who owns vintage cars. 40 stations island wide are ready to commence operations and he will give you the addresses. The emmission standards have been set high, so as not to create a social problem by many vehicles failing,in the 1st year. it is estimated that only the worst 5% will be failed in the 1st year and then the standards lowered.

So before 15th july its not mandatory?

whew :)

ps: thanks for the useful informative post. Will try to contact that guy and check anyway..

• 1 year later...

I just went to get the emmisions tetst done on our 4DR5 and was told that vehicles registered prior to 1974 (or +25 years form current date) dont need to be tested.. ours is a 1969 Dec. registration. Sadly they didnt tell me this untill i waited like a hour for my turn at Koswatta, and just got mine into the testing bay... Just thought of sharing the info with everyone in case someone is in the same shoes as me.

:)

I was actually looking forward to the test cos the jeep probably is the cleanest burning vehicle at home. But in general, I'd think it should be the other way around and older vehicles getting stricter scrutinizing. But an old 35 sri xxxx Delica had a couldnt pass the test, though it really did look like a vehicle that would collapse on the road any time...