• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Landrover 110 Pick Up Or Landcruiser Pick Up

Velocity

Hey Chaps.

I am considering in UNREG 4X4 Diesel in the Longterm.

1 ) Weekend Fun Trips

2 ) Off Roading

3 ) Day to Day Use

My Choices are the 2003- 2004 Landrover TD5 Pick Up and Landrcruiser Brand New 4.2 DIESEL ( Toyota Lanka ).

Please can some one who has a better insight on these two vehicles Enlighten me on the Best Option.

Please review on

1 ) Comfortability

2 ) Power

3 ) Second Hand Market Value

4 ) Reliability

5 ) Best Off Roader

6 ) More Road Acceptance

Thanks.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask Lakshan K machan - he has a Land Rover TD5 Single Cab...

3 - 3.5 Million will buy you one...

but the Toyota is 4 Million i think :unsure:

The LR will trump the Toyota on points 5) & 6) , and will equal it in terms of points 3) & 2) (might be quicker if you get the TD5 chipped :D )

Ask Lakshan K machan - he has a Land Rover TD5 Single Cab...

3 - 3.5 Million will buy you one...

but the Toyota is 4 Million i think :unsure:

The LR will trump the Toyota on points 5) & 6) , and will equal it in terms of points 3) & 2) (might be quicker if you get the TD5 chipped :D )

well leaving all the points aside... i prefer the aesthetics of the Landy with bad-a$$ wide tires :)

I would personally go for the Cruiser. I have driven the LWB Troopy with the 4.2 plant and it is a brilliant 'runner'. Feels utterly solid with a bullet proof go anywhere feeling. The same power plant returns about 7+ km/l in a much heavier Land Cruiser 80.

One of our clients have just bought a Hilux 4x4 single cab for 2.75 mil with the 2.5 D4D. He was very happy with the buy but I felt the ride was a tad bumpy and might be a more economical alternative.

You also need a lorry license to drive all the above and may have restricted access to high security areas in Colombo. i.e Access to most of the 5 star hotels in town.

I would personally go for the Cruiser. I have driven the LWB Troopy with the 4.2 plant and it is a brilliant 'runner'. Feels utterly solid with a bullet proof go anywhere feeling. The same power plant returns about 7+ km/l in a much heavier Land Cruiser 80.

One of our clients have just bought a Hilux 4x4 single cab for 2.75 mil with the 2.5 D4D. He was very happy with the buy but I felt the ride was a tad bumpy and might be a more economical alternative.

You also need a lorry license to drive all the above and may have restricted access to high security areas in Colombo. i.e Access to most of the 5 star hotels in town.

You would :)

the hilux you mentioned btw, Is it actually a 4x4? thought the single cabs were only 2wd?

Off Course i am seriously dying for the Landy. But the Cruiser power is what attracts me most. Machan i am planing to keep it UNREG with Red plates. Hopefully can get with the Canopy.

Hey Chaps

how much fuel does the landy and cruiser do. <_<

Off Course i am seriously dying for the Landy. But the Cruiser power is what attracts me most. Machan i am planing to keep it UNREG with Red plates. Hopefully can get with the Canopy.

Hey Chaps

how much fuel does the landy and cruiser do. <_<

should do 10 Kmpl.... but nothing like someone with first hand expereince with long term use in local conditions to comment...

a chipped TD5 will be quite brisk,so don't write it off on the power front!

should do 10 Kmpl.... but nothing like someone with first hand expereince with long term use in local conditions to comment...

a chipped TD5 will be quite brisk,so don't write it off on the power front!

Thanks for the Info bro. Machan do you have line to specs of this vehicale.

By the way is there a difference in the Diff of Pick Up and the Full Body version.

i am infact in not in hurry to buy, cos i heard that they will be selling the full installed landy at 5 mil in around 2 months to come.

so just want to check that option too,

By the way is there a difference in the Diff of Pick Up and the Full Body version.

i am infact in not in hurry to buy, cos i heard that they will be selling the full installed landy at 5 mil in around 2 months to come.

so just want to check that option too,

no difference a.f.a.i.k , but the 130's came with a different suspension system if i'm not mistaken...

Locally assembled versions of the 110 County Station Wagon will sell at 8-10 million i believe...

but these will be fully loaded

i've lost my TD5 Defender catelogue :( had to go through some old documents to dig up the exact specs , but i fear there may be some small variations :mellow:

2492cc

Inline 5 Cylinder Diesel

Turbocharged

Intercooled

Direct Injection

Common Rail

2-valves per cylinder

OHV

Bore 84.5mm

Stroke 89mm

Compression Ratio 19.5:1

Max Power : 122 BHP @ 4200 rpm

Max Torque : 221 lb ft @ 1950 rpm

0-100 kmph : 15-17 sec

Top Speed : 140 Kmph

Fuel Consumption : 7.5 ~ 10 Kmpl

Fuel Tank capacity: 75L

Length 4438mm

Width 1790mm

Height 2035 mm

Ground clearance 215mm

Approach angle 50°

Departure angle 35°

Ramp break over 152°

Weight 1977kg (unladen), GVM 3050kg, towing 750kg (unbraked) :unsure:

Transmission 5 Forward Manual

2-speed transfer case

Full Time 4WD

Centre diff

(traction control & ABS) :unsure:

Suspension live-coil/ live-coil

Tyres 235/85R16

Edited by Devinda_Z

Pardon my ignorance, what is this Landcruiser pickup you on about? Is it a different model to the Hilux?

They were promoting the 2WD single cab at a tad over 2 million. 4WD is also available. 2.75 mil was the price a few months back.

Are these brandnew diesel prices?

Velo who are they? Is that recon price or brandnew?

How difficult is it to get the heavy duty license?

OT, but been meaning ot ask this myself - does anyone know what the full process is like?

Is it mandetory to do the driving test in a bus??? :blink: ...or have i been wrongly informed? <_<

Pardon my ignorance, what is this Landcruiser pickup you on about? Is it a different model to the Hilux?

yes its different machan

its essentially a 70 Series Land Cruiser Chassis Cab powered by a 4.2L Diesel unit

landcruiser70seriescabcdw9.jpg

landcruiser70seriescabcdw9.3cf610261f.jp

Edited by Devinda_Z

Velo who are they? Is that recon price or brandnew?

i think he's reffering to the Agents and that local assembly plan (The article you posted :) ) for Land Rover Defenders.. so those will be Brand New but the price will be 9-10 Million for a 110 CSW if i'm not mistaken

Dunno if they will amke the 110 Truck Cab/Pickup here... :mellow:

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...amp;#entry69323

Velo why not a Landy 110 'bouble cab'version? Something like Souhaine's famous LD-0110 ??

MINIACE

bro i have not see this.

It must be more expensive as its duty is high.

I am missing 4X4.

These days ideal conditions for it.

img6026gr4.jpg

img6027qb3.jpg

yes its different machan

its essentially a 70 Series Land Cruiser Chassis Cab powered by a 4.2L Diesel unit

i did come acorss a similar pic when i googled since the face looked old i thought velo is after different model

i think he's reffering to the Agents and that local assembly plan (The article you posted :) ) for Land Rover Defenders.. so those will be Brand New but the price will be 9-10 Million for a 110 CSW if i'm not mistaken

Dunno if they will amke the 110 Truck Cab/Pickup here... :mellow:

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...amp;#entry69323

what is this 5mill price tag velo is on about then?

yes its different machan

XXX thats correct one. Devindz thanks for the pic.

this is a hot seller in Aussie if i am not mistaken. even africa. I saw one at fox hill with custom built cabin. looked awesome.

i did come acorss a similar pic when i googled since the face looked old i thought velo is after different model

what is this 5mill price tag velo is on about then?

Heard from some one thats its gona be price at around 5 mil. thats why i mentioned it,

i am not sure if its a solid piece of info though. lets wait and see.

How ever with the world weather changing its always better to have 4x4 ready for some action.

:)

XXX thats correct one. Devindz thanks for the pic.

this is a hot seller in Aussie if i am not mistaken. even africa. I saw one at fox hill with custom built cabin. looked awesome.

its quite a brutish piece of equipment

i've seen quite a few of these in the middle east as well

Heard from some one thats its gona be price at around 5 mil. thats why i mentioned it,

i am not sure if its a solid piece of info though. lets wait and see.

How ever with the world weather changing its always better to have 4x4 ready for some action.

:)

can't argue with your line of thinking bro :)

but in terms of the price i highly doubt it'll be that cheap :( ...would be nice if it were though :)