• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Familia Or Lancer?

LakshithaR

Hi.. all,

I am a new member and planning to buy a car in next month, so this is my first vehicle i dont have good idea about the good vehicles. I would like to know mainly the fuel consumption and other options of Mazda Familia (Butterfly model 1996-97) and Lancer/Mirage CK2. or else can anybody guide me any other vehicle below 1.5 million, Coz my budget is below 1.5 million.

Thanks and best regards :rolleyes:

Lakshitha - Nugegoda

Hi.. all,

I am a new member and planning to buy a car in next month, so this is my first vehicle i dont have good idea about the good vehicles. I would like to know mainly the fuel consumption and other options of Mazda Familia (Butterfly model 1996-97) and Lancer/Mirage CK2. or else can anybody guide me any other vehicle below 1.5 million, Coz my budget is below 1.5 million.

Lakshitha - Nugegoda

You might be able to get a AE110 for around the 1.5 million range, and you might actually be able to get the newer lancer (the CS series I believe) around that price range as well. Other options might be early FB15s Honda City etc.

Hi.. all,

Lakshitha - Nugegoda

You might buy a Mazda BJ Series Car around 1.5 million (G or H english number) which is new than Butterfly model and better in every sense than other comparables.

heyz bro u'd bettr try 4 a honda civic or else u can buy a honda city registrd n j o k series. i think datz betr dan a mazda. civic z bettr dan a city but d retail z bit heigh. newaz njoy ur 1st ride!!!!11

well it terms of fuel consumption i dont think there is much of a difference in ur choices.. but as others said.. dont settle for these two.. i think u can find better.. try serach around for more choices...

heyz bro u'd bettr try 4 a honda civic or else u can buy a honda city registrd n j o k series. i think datz betr dan a mazda. civic z bettr dan a city but d retail z bit heigh. newaz njoy ur 1st ride!!!!11

As somebody else said,you can go for Mazda Familia BJ Series.Fuel efficiency -excellent.Spare parts easy to find and cheaper than Toyota or Honda.You have to use it to know it.Just speak to a friend who is using this model and get it verfied.

Anyway,Decision is yours!!

Cheers

As far as back up service and fuel efficeny are concerned, It is better to go for a Honda. You may find a EK3 Civic Y.O.M. 1997/98 with in your budjet probably.

Wish you to have a well maintained car and enjoy. :)

Oh! you mean the malasian assembled city if I have not mistaken! Yeah the LEV Vtec one is it? If so yes this car performes on speed as well as economy.

You might buy a Mazda BJ Series Car around 1.5 million (G or H english number) which is newer than Butterfly model and better in every sense than other comparables.

I had this (BJ-Y2000-H number) car sold for 1.55 million recently to buy a Mazda Axcela. I would say suspension system is better than Axela too. It did 16.5 KM/L for long runs and 12Km/l for average/short runs (professionally maintened). Comfort, Fuel economy. Roomyness, Qulaity & Reliabilty were excellent. Never gave a single problem for 5 years I owned.

You must chase for a properly maintained car !!

Edited by Rohnd

You must chase for a properly maintained car !!

Strongly agree with Rohnd- I personally know it's frustrating but take your time to shop around even 3 months.

Mazda Butterfly is an excellent car and I too can recommend it - there again need to get a good car. Honda's are great too but it's getting difficult to find a good 1 which hasn’t been modified ( if yo'r not in to it - else it's cool) Good ones are generally higher in price but then again u may get lucky..

All the best on your hunt-

Mazda's a good car man........solidly built, pretty fuel efficient and reasonable to maintain. Like several others said, you can fing a a G or H plate 323 / Famillia for your money.

But then so's a Honda, if you can find a good specimen........which will be quite a task IMO.

Don't be hasty though.......I'll tell you through experience :rolleyes:

It's better to be without a car than buy a heap.......

All the best.