• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nice Restoration?

Saturn

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pics of my friends Cortina as promised,

The black car apparently belongs to a friend of his and appears in one of the pics.

http://flickr.com/photos/isuruabeykoon/set...57604228031247/

Hey looks in very good shape. Thanks for sharing. I'm beginning to see quite a few Mk3s on the road again. We owned a red Mk4 1.6GL. Don't have any pics.

one of D_z's personal prefs... bloke isnt a big fan of hatches

I must make him change his mind. However, my tires are shot, and since I remember what happened last time someone tried a demo on CBK with shot tires, I'll refrain until I get new tires :)

Whats wrong with a hatch?

:lol: i for even half a second would not doubt the performance capability of a Hot Hatch - its the design aesthetics that i have an issue with...

my thinking might well be rather archaic in this regard , but i just can't shake the Hatch = Girly car image :lol:

...i know i know , it might well be an utterly flawed notion, but simply ones own perception i guess...

I must make him change his mind. However, my tires are shot, and since I remember what happened last time someone tried a demo on CBK with shot tires, I'll refrain until I get new tires :)

...even though i admitted to beliving in their capablity , nothing would put any doubt to rest like a good ole fashioned demonstration i guess :lol:

...so will those tires be on anytime soon? ;)

:lol: i for even half a second would not doubt the performance capability of a Hot Hatch - its the design aesthetics that i have an issue with...

my thinking might well be rather archaic in this regard , but i just can't shake the Hatch = Girly car image :lol:

...i know i know , it might well be an utterly flawed notion, but simply ones own perception i guess...

does the word "Anachronistic" ring a bell? :P

nice..ride... i too am doing up a Nissan Safari SWB.. will post pics once it's done

your back after longish hiatus aren't you Terabite?

your working on a Y60 is it? doing up in the sense, for off roading ~ competition? or salvaging a neglected specimen?

Edited by Devinda_Z

Pics of my friends Cortina as promised,

The black car apparently belongs to a friend of his and appears in one of the pics.

http://flickr.com/photos/isuruabeykoon/set...57604228031247/

hmmm Don why don't you point them in Pradfred and the Ford/Mazda clubs direction?

it owuld be nice to see some old Fords at those meets :)

is this car based is Moratuwa or Ratmalana by any chance? recall seeing an Orange Cortine much like this in that neighourhood...

...even though i admitted to beliving in their capablity , nothing would put any doubt to rest like a good ole fashioned demonstration i guess :lol:

...so will those tires be on anytime soon? ;)

Hopefully. Flat broke after the cam, but I will have to get them soon. Not this month tho.

hmmm Don why don't you point them in Pradfred and the Ford/Mazda clubs direction?

it owuld be nice to see some old Fords at those meets :)

is this car based is Moratuwa or Ratmalana by any chance? recall seeing an Orange Cortine much like this in that neighourhood...

The orange one lives in Nugegoda, but I think the dude goes to work in Dehiwala.

Machang see the european market. What sells there are all hatchbacks (Focus, Golf, Mini, C4, Megane, Clio and the list goes on)

See most cars like the old C5, Nissan Primera came with hatch back versions (they dont just have a boot lid but the whole rear glass and all opens).

Its just a conception that we all Asians have. A hatchback means a girly thing thats wrong in time to come you wont find many a Sedan due to new design ideas and so and so forth.

Machang see the european market. What sells there are all hatchbacks (Focus, Golf, Mini, C4, Megane, Clio and the list goes on)

See most cars like the old C5, Nissan Primera came with hatch back versions (they dont just have a boot lid but the whole rear glass and all opens).

Its just a conception that we all Asians have. A hatchback means a girly thing thats wrong in time to come you wont find many a Sedan due to new design ideas and so and so forth.

As an everyday car I prefer hatchbacks. Especially considering our very narrow, congested roads. A hot hatch will be perfect for me.

hmmm i had feeling this was where things were heading , but given that its highly unlikely that any of us would go onto buy a brand new car anytime soon, i'd say there was a vast ocean of proper sedans for me to chosse from for the moment :D

Hey,

Sorry I was silent for sometime, been busy. Another vintage car which has a "muscle" look is the Ford Falcon XA & XB. I don't think there are any here though. I also came across a Ford Capri, red, for 325,000. Anyone know about this car? I've seen another Mk1 Capri ruined by someone who wanted in on the "Import car culture" There was a weird lookin bodykit & a Canary Yellow paint job!!! What was he thinkin?!?

As an everyday car I prefer hatchbacks. Especially considering our very narrow, congested roads. A hot hatch will be perfect for me.

So ..... can we expect to see a Brera anytime in the near future? :D

I'm sure even Dev would be hard pressed to object to the looks on that :D

http://www.gochecks.net/carimage/Alfa/12.htm

So ..... can we expect to see a Brera anytime in the near future? :D

I'm sure even Dev would be hard pressed to object to the looks on that :D

http://www.gochecks.net/carimage/Alfa/12.htm

:lol: not even i'd be chronic enough to fuss about the styling on that :) truly impressive

...shame the scissor doors didn't make the production model :mellow:

But with the current economic climate, I might have to sell the 156 and go for that restored Corti and add a gas converstion :D

:lol: i didn't realize the situation was that dire that you'd contemplate giving up Italian and going with ordinary old school British! :P

:lol: i didn't realize the situation was that dire that you'd contemplate giving up Italian and going with ordinary old school British! :P

Desperate times call for desperate measures.. :lol: Actually I'm exaggerating a bit. Maybe I'll settle for a Driving my Alfetta GTV to work ;)

Desperate times call for desperate measures.. :lol: Actually I'm exaggerating a bit. Maybe I'll settle for a Driving my Alfetta GTV to work ;)

its back??!! :)

how many kmpl?! :lol:

OT , but saw a lovely 156 Selespeed on JA plates this morning@PitStop! looked gorgeous! :) ....twas a borderline violation of the of the 10th commandment on my part! :lol: